Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Fulop Goes from Underdog to Limelight
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/11 12:35
From Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Still my all time favorite:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2007/7/30 13:12
"Contemplate this upon the Tree of Woe."

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/11 12:35
From Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Look out HCDO, it's justice time!

Resized Image

Posted on: 2007/7/30 13:10
"Contemplate this upon the Tree of Woe."

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
So we should really start to think who would be better than the stumbling idiot we now have in office.

If we can do better than Fulop,then Who?

Posted on: 2007/7/30 3:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/19 21:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mrrogers wrote:
Ross ewage is also correct the whole cunningham crew were a bunch of crooks.The question Ross was Fulop right or wrong in Backing Manzo over Sandy?

Not "were"..."are". And will always be.

I don't agree with the councilman on much, but he was absolutely right endorsing Manzo. Lou is crazy, but Sandy is unqualified and dangerous. She'll breeze into the state senate, contribute nothing, and use that office to run for Mayor. Her goals are simple - gain power and punish those "responsible" for Glenn's death. How you punish 50 years of cheeseburgers is beyond me, so she'll set her sights on other targets, like her running mate, Harvey Smith, her "godfathers" Healy and Degise, and anyone her handlers don't like or they need to remove to make room for cronies. The getnj message board is filled with posts about Bobby Jackson's son. Imagine that x 10.

Another Cunningham in City Hall would be an incredible disaster for Jersey City. You think our "pay to play" situation sucks now...you ain't seen nothing yet.

Posted on: 2007/7/29 22:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
That women that was indicted with sharpe james was from JC and a Cunningham Groupie.In 2003 she was given property from the JCRA and had it taken back.I've been trying to find the article but have had no luck.Any idea's Grovepath,it may have been 2002.

Posted on: 2007/7/29 17:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mrrogers wrote:
Ross ewage is also correct the whole (Glen) cunningham crew were a bunch of crooks.

I wonder what will come to light with the Sharpe James investigation...

Feds subpoena Senate records on Sharpe James' & Glenn Cunningham's "Land Sale" Bill
Click here

Posted on: 2007/7/29 13:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Ross ewage is also correct the whole cunningham crew were a bunch of crooks.The question Ross was Fulop right or wrong in Backing Manzo over Sandy?

Posted on: 2007/7/29 2:27

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/19 21:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mrrogers wrote:
So right Brewster.Glen Cunningham would have Never,Never did what his wife did.Sandy and Healy fit right in,Two Drunks.

Never Look back if what you did was Right........

Here's what Glenn Cunningham did. He accepted organizational, political, and monetary support from Bob Menendez in order to get elected Mayor. Then, at the urging of his handlers (Bobby Jackson, Joe Cardwell, Eugene Drayton, and Sandy), he embarked on a naked power grab for all of Hudson County, even stooping to call Menendez a "terrorist" after 9/11. His administration was perhaps the worst in Jersey City history.

Peas in a pod.

Posted on: 2007/7/29 1:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
So right Brewster.Glen Cunningham would have Never,Never did what his wife did.Sandy and Healy fit right in,Two Drunks.

Never Look back if what you did was Right........

Posted on: 2007/7/28 22:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Just a few months ago, Fulop endorsed a slate of candidates backed by Democrats for Hudson County over the HCDO slate. Not only did he back a rival group's candidates, but one member of the HCDO's slate was Sandra Bolden Cunningham -- the widow of Glenn Cunningham, the late Jersey City mayor who supported Fulop's entry into local politics. Cunningham's HCDO slate ultimately won.

Critics argue that Fulop's endorsement shows his political naivet?. "That's something that he never should have done," said one HDCO source. "The fact that he backed a loser was bad enough in itself, but the mistake was compounded because he went against the widow of the man that gave him his start in politics. It just shows that he is not ready for a seat at the big table yet."

It's a hoot that they think Fulop not supporting Bolden-Cunningham was a naive faux pas, but her climbing in bed with her husband's sworn enemies was Hudson County business as usual.

Reality check: HE WAS BEING CONSISTENT! A rare commodity around here.

Posted on: 2007/7/28 16:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
With that state of Jersey City and even NJ politics, Fulop should be a shoe-in for any position he seeks.
A little more marketing and strategic push of certain issues, will cement his standing in the 'new breed' of residents and appealing to their expectations will see him cruise the politicial ladder.

Posted on: 2007/7/28 11:31
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Fulop Goes from Underdog to Limelight
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Fulop Goes from Underdog to Limelight
By - Tom Jennemann
July 27, 2007 -- NJpols.com

Two years ago, Steven Fulop was a relatively unknown candidate for Jersey City city council. But he'll be sharing the limelight Monday with a presidential frontrunner at a fundraiser he's hosting for Sen. Hillary Clinton. The Ward E councilman has come so far, in fact, that insiders expect him to run for mayor in 2009 or Congress in 2008.

Fulop has quickly moved up the political ladder by pushing a reform agenda. "At the end of the day, Hudson County is a place that has been plagued with a lot of corruption and a negative perception," Fulop told NJpols. "I was someone who was able to crack it from within the Democratic Party and I think that people see an opportunity for change, which, more than anything else, is pushing me along."

But Fulop's quick ascent isn't the only reason he is a good fit for boosting Clinton's candidacy. The councilman is in a unique position to analyze Clinton's foreign affairs platform. After Sept. 11 he left his job with Goldman Sachs to enlist in the Marines. In 2003, his battalion entered Baghdad in the early weeks of the war. The veteran called Clinton "the most capable candidate when it comes to dealing with Iraq."

"She has a very reasonable and measured approach as it relates to Iraq," Fulop said. "She has the ability to restore the standing that we formerly had in the world."

He added he also supports Clinton's economic platform, which he believes to be business friendly. Fulop, for his day job, works on Wall Street. "These are the things that are important to me. I think she will do great job and I'm hopeful that she will win the nomination and then the presidency," Fulop said.

The July 30 event will be held at the Newport Financial Center. There will be a public rally at 5 p.m. followed by a $1,000-per-person fundraiser immediately afterward. It is Clinton's first event in Hudson County, and her first rally in Jersey City.

"We're super motivated. Our goal is $150,000, which hopefully we will eclipse," Fulop said. Clinton has already raised more than $1 million above what her closest competitor, U.S. Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., has raised in the Garden State.

The event will further boost the profile of a newcomer whose political ambitions are a topic of discussion among Hudson County gadflies and political insiders. "I think he is seen as a ambitious up-and-comer, but there is still the question of how much political weight he carries at this early point in his career," said one county insider. "Is he ready? That's the question of the day."

As evidence of his interest in the 2009 mayoral race, insiders point to his recent political partnership with James Carroll, an attorney mentioned as a possible candidate for Jersey City Heights city council in 2009. Such an alliance, said one county insider, is a baby step for someone considering a mayoral run because it could be seen as Fulop beginning to construct a ticket.

There have also been whispers that Fulop might be recruited by the Hudson County Democratic Organization to challenge freshman U.S. Rep. Albio Sires (D). Sires has angered party leaders because of his connections to the rival Democrats for Hudson County coalition.

Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy, who is the chairman of the HCDO, might view Fulop as an interesting option to challenge Sires because it takes Fulop out of the picture for the 2009 Jersey City mayoral race.

But there are at least some local Democrats who say Fulop isn't quite ready for a larger seat.

Just a few months ago, Fulop endorsed a slate of candidates backed by Democrats for Hudson County over the HCDO slate. Not only did he back a rival group's candidates, but one member of the HCDO's slate was Sandra Bolden Cunningham -- the widow of Glenn Cunningham, the late Jersey City mayor who supported Fulop's entry into local politics. Cunningham's HCDO slate ultimately won.

Critics argue that Fulop's endorsement shows his political naivet?. "That's something that he never should have done," said one HDCO source. "The fact that he backed a loser was bad enough in itself, but the mistake was compounded because he went against the widow of the man that gave him his start in politics. It just shows that he is not ready for a seat at the big table yet."

Ready or not, Fulop certainly has plenty of important choices ahead. "I don't know how to relate to all of this yet because right now it's just a lot of stuff in the newspapers," Fulop said about the speculation about his future. "But it certainly is flattering to have your name thrown around with those great titles. There's no question about that. To think that just two years ago, I couldn't raise a dime. That might not seem like a long time, but in politics it's an eternity."
Tom Jennemann can be reached at tjennemann@njpols.com

To stay up-to-date on the latest campaign news, visit all of the sites in the Campaigns & Elections network.

Posted on: 2007/7/28 10:06

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017