Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Toll at Exit 14C
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/23 20:19
From York & Grove
Group:
Banned
That's a little crazy. How are they supposed to know if someone exits at Columbus? It's after the toll plaza. They would need to build a booth at the exit.

Posted on: 2012/4/25 15:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Do you want to have some fun in the morning rush hour around 8:00 am?

Drive up or down Montgomery Street if you are lucky enough to get the red light at Montgomery and Center Street (by Ferris) you will see a great parade. A parade of cars, all makes and models. ( comes in handy if you are car shopping)

First off that red light is about 10 minutes long. The cars coming off of 78 onto Center Street then onto Columbus Drive are non stop for those 10 minutes. I am down there a few times a week. I have been the first car at that light many a time. To pass the time I count the number of cars that wiz by. My top count so far is 200 cars before the light changes. Where are these people going? Interesting that all of the cars have a single occupant. Someone should really look into ride share. What a terrific waste of gas.

Like Roslyn I always joke and say JC should set up an EZ pass / toll booth at Center and Montgomery. Charge all of the out of Towner?s who come into JC. (sort of like what Mayor Hague did to the truckers coming into JC but without the submachine gun threat to get the envelope of cash)

Another grand waste of gas is waiting for the Ferris students who are crossing Montgomery from the old Sipersteins/Garfield Furniture side of Montgomery bus stop. How do all of those kids fit on the public bus? That?s also a 5 minute wait. Who?s BS?ing, who dropped something, who?s fixing their hair? (ok that wait can?t be avoided kids gotta get to class)

JC should look into making that red light at Montgomery and Center shorter for the JC residents who drive up and down Montgomery. Screw the out of Towner?s make them wait.

PS ? I also heard they use it to cut to the Tunnel. No way all of those people work in DTJC.

Posted on: 2012/4/25 15:20

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/9 20:50
Group:
Banned
Correction I meant Columbus Drive exit.
the toll would only be for people who exit at the columbus exit, then reach the hollan tunnel toll within a specific amount off time.

People who are exiting to go home or to work would not be affected.

Currently all the bus lines are exiting off of columbus then taking Marin to beat the traffic.

Meanwhile downtown is eating their fumes.

Posted on: 2012/4/25 15:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users
I know that they made improvements to 14c....but I believe it was not enough. Agencies like the NJTP(PATH, MTA...etc..) rarely ever properly plan for the long term.

Posted on: 2012/4/25 14:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
A lot of people actually drive to and work in Jersey City. Many also park downtown and take a ferry or the Path into the city. I doubt a lot of people are getting off before 14C and driving through downtown as an alternate entrance to the tunnel to save time or 30 cents.

Posted on: 2012/4/25 14:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Roslyn wrote:
To Whom this may concern,

I currently leave from exit 14C everyday to go to work in New Jersey and see a significant amount of backup of cars exiting off of 14C.

There is no doubt that these drivers are avoiding Holland Tunnel traffic. I know this becuase if the holland tunnel is backed up the exit increases in exiters.

Has any authority considered having a toll there?
If the driver exits off 14C and then reaches the Holland Tunnel toll within a specific amount of time they are charged.

Proceeds would then go to Jersey city since we see increased traffic.

Just a thought. at the very least it would decrease traffic.
lets face it their not stopping at wonder bagel for breakfast.

Uh..... ok. Good luck with that.

Posted on: 2012/4/25 13:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/3/15 20:01
From Downtown - H.P. area
Group:
Registered Users
Roslyn - Not sure what you mean. 14C is the only turnpike exit for the Holland Tunnel. Everyone arriving at the Holland Tunnel from the Turnpike takes 14C (unless they come up through Bayonne or Greenville via 14A or B). There is already a toll at 14C.

Are you talking about the Liberty Science Center or the Columbus Drive off-ramp perhaps?

Posted on: 2012/4/25 13:29

Toll at Exit 14C
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/9 20:50
Group:
Banned
To Whom this may concern,

I currently leave from exit 14C everyday to go to work in New Jersey and see a significant amount of backup of cars exiting off of 14C.

There is no doubt that these drivers are avoiding Holland Tunnel traffic. I know this becuase if the holland tunnel is backed up the exit increases in exiters.

Has any authority considered having a toll there?
If the driver exits off 14C and then reaches the Holland Tunnel toll within a specific amount of time they are charged.

Proceeds would then go to Jersey city since we see increased traffic.

Just a thought. at the very least it would decrease traffic.
lets face it their not stopping at wonder bagel for breakfast.

Posted on: 2012/4/25 13:18

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017