Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
155 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 155

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 36 37 38 (39) 40 41 »

Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/22 21:14
Group:
Registered Users
read my earlier post. I said "Not to say that Democrats are perfect but in my book a lesser of two evils." And I wholeheartedly agree with you that it would be great if we could break the two-party system but as that has yet to occur, in the interim I cannot subscribe to the views of those in the Republican party which seems to be just comprised of rich people like Sheldon Adelson, the Koch brothers and a bunch of xenophobes in the midwest, Southeast. the Democrats are hardly anti-white, anti-rich or anti-military. Who are you .... a Megyn Kelly who laments things like reverse racism?

Posted on: 2013/12/17 16:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
All this Democratic circle jerk about the local lane closures only shows how they're scared to their pinky toes about Christie.

Four lanes diverted from local access is exactly what compared to four murdered Americans, on the anniversary of 9/11, under the watch of Christie's opponent in 2016-whose department was begged by the murdered Ambassador for help and was denied?

Which is the bigger scandal? A traffic jam or four dead Americans and dozens more injured? An alleged bridge lane coverup, or Benghazi victims being hidden from Congressional enquiries?

Christie, perhaps 'Four lanes closed? What difference does it make'

Mrs. Clinton, on record 'Four dead Americans? What difference does it make?'

Posted on: 2013/12/17 15:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
+10000

Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
It's 2013 and people still think either the Dems or the Repubs are remotely acceptable? That's cute. It's like seeing someone who still owns a Walkman and ensures me that it's still relevant.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 15:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
I would consider voting Democrat from time to time for Pres/Senate/Congress (however, I have voted Dem/Ind in local elections) if they weren't so anti-white, anti-military, pro-illegal immigrant, didn't rely on Robin Hood economics (with the only caveat being "steal from the middle class to marginally help the poor"), didn't side with the rich and the bankers just as much as Republicans do, and believed in borders-language-culture.

Anyone can play this game. The sooner you realize just how similar (read: ineffective) both sides are, the sooner this country might actually be able to break the two party system.

A boy can dream....

Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

VanVorster wrote:
I would consider voting Republican if they weren't so anti-black, anti-gay, anti-immigrant, concerned about the environment, anti-science and wanted to create jobs and didn't just believe in trickle down economics and coddling the 1% as though that's the panacea for our ailing economy.

+1 as of now the mega Rich and Trash vote republican.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 15:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
It's 2013 and people still think either the Dems or the Repubs are remotely acceptable? That's cute. It's like seeing someone who still owns a Walkman and ensures me that it's still relevant.

Posted on: 2013/12/16 23:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

VanVorster wrote:
I would consider voting Republican if they weren't so anti-black, anti-gay, anti-immigrant, concerned about the environment, anti-science and wanted to create jobs and didn't just believe in trickle down economics and coddling the 1% as though that's the panacea for our ailing economy.

+1 as of now the mega Rich and Trash vote republican.

Posted on: 2013/12/16 22:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
You may know people like me, you probably work for them. I know people like you, they work for me.

Oh, and the last election saw Obama win by a lesser amount, with less voters voting for him. Had he not lied about Obamacare we'd likely have a capable POTUS in the White House. You know, someone who was a job creator and not a community organizer.

Posted on: 2013/12/16 22:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/22 21:14
Group:
Registered Users
Blacks have voted Democratic in large measure since the Republicans invoked the Southern strategy and cloaked all of their racism in veiled language. Absent Stockholm Syndrome and if one really cares about a range of issues outside of defense spending and taxes, why would a black person vote for a party that clearly hates them or stokes racial animus toward them? Not to say that Democrats are perfect but in my book a lesser of two evils. Blacks not voting for Romney wasn't racism and sounds like some specious inane comment made by Fox "pundit". Also, after Romney's glib 47% comments, I think many people were alienated (black, Asian and white alike) by Romney and Ryan and this after touting the likes of Sarah Palin in the previous election. I would consider voting Republican if they weren't so anti-black, anti-gay, anti-immigrant, concerned about the environment, anti-science and wanted to create jobs and didn't just believe in trickle down economics and coddling the 1% as though that's the panacea for our ailing economy.

Posted on: 2013/12/16 22:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

The point is, if I see racism, I will call it that whether it's here or there.

No, you're the type that will create the illusion of racism, to discredit someone's points. Big difference.

I hate to burst your bubble, but racism goes both ways.

The elections of 2008 and 2012 were largely racist results...by democrats.

Not voting for someone because of their race: racist.

However, voting FOR someone because of their race is equally as racist, and downright stupid.

Case in point: african americans voting almost 100% in line with Obama.

So are you saying that African Americans are stupid that they can't understand the Obama policies are terrible for them? If Romney policies are great for African Americans, wouldn't they have voted for Romney? I think African Americans are plenty smart to determine which policies would work for them.

Posted on: 2013/12/16 22:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Feel free to believe what you want, regardless of facts!

That's exactly what I had said earlier. And I added that it's your prerogative too.

I know people like you. I work with them. There is no way of reconciling the differences that exist between people like me and people like you. I can't convince you, and you can't convince me, right?

The only thing we can hope and try is to get more people on our side, whichever the side you are on. And the result of Presidential election is a good indication which side has more supporters.

I don't think you would argue that at the last election, my side won, yes? After all, Obama won. Romney lost. That's because more people agreed with Obama than people who agreed with Romney.

Quote:

I guess you feel the 61 million Americans who voted for a Republican instead of Obama did so because they're racist.

No, I don't feel that, and I never said that.

I did say I don't understand why people who are not wealthy white men would vote for GOP.

Some people hate Obama and his policies because Obama is black. Some people are unhappy with Obama for other reasons--reasons I can't comprehend.

Quote:

And the poll numbers showing how unhappy people are with Obama and his 'signature' accomplishment-wait for it-are doing it because they're racist!

That's what we have to wait until 2016. And where I would come back to my original statement: Christie is not going to survive the GOP primaries. I'm looking forward to hearing what kind of crazy sh** he would have to say to please the GOP base in order to win the primaries. I don't think he would succeed, but if he did, because of these crazy sh** he had to say, he is not going to win the general election. But he is the only GOP candidate who even has a slightest chance.

Of course, I could very well turn out dead-wrong. Someone said that it's pointless to discuss this at this early stage.

For example, DEM could put a very weak candidate, like Biden (I happen to like him, but I think he will be a very weak candidate). Or there may be another serious terrorist attack, which swings the opinion vastly to GOP side. Unlikely, but possible.

But I believe that by 2016, Obamacare would become something DEM can run on (positive rather than negative). Also demographic change will help DEM and hurt GOP.

Of course, that's my prediction. But at the last election, my fox news viewing colleague and I did a bet (Obama vs. Romney, if Romney wins, I shave my head, and if Obama wins, he will shave his beard) because I was confident (the bet was made even before Romney was the candidate; people ask me why I was able to make such bet. Easy; I watched GOP debates).

Anyway, it's time for me to go home.

Posted on: 2013/12/16 22:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

No, you're the type that will create the illusion of racism, to discredit someone's points. Big difference.

I hate to burst your bubble, but racism goes both ways.

The elections of 2008 and 2012 were largely racist results...by democrats.

Not voting for someone because of their race: racist.

However, voting FOR someone because of their race is equally as racist, and downright stupid.

Case in point: african americans voting almost 100% in line with Obama.

Posted on: 2013/12/16 21:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Feel free to believe what you want, regardless of facts! I guess you feel the 61 million Americans who voted for a Republican instead of Obama did so because they're racist.

And the poll numbers showing how unhappy people are with Obama and his 'signature' accomplishment-wait for it-are doing it because they're racist!

Posted on: 2013/12/16 21:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Yes, GOP was once a great party. And back then, DEM was a horrible racist party. In our time that's reversed!

Yes, it's part of the looney left code to throw racism around. Next up-opposing Obamacare is racist because Obama is half black!

It is more difficult to criticize Obama and/or Obamacare without sounding racist; it's true.

Not all criticisms are racial, this is also true.

However when the right wing extremists talk about Obama and/or Obamacare, it is racism.

Opinions of such extremists have to be absolutely rejected.

Since you feel every supporter of the GOP is extreme and right wing you therefore call every Republican racist.

Of course, many would call Japanese treatment of non-Japanese as racist. (Hint-one such group is the United Nations). Are you as active as combating racism back in Tokyo as you are in your adopted country? If not, why not? Could I say all Japanese racist, because quite a large population is?

While I do not understand why anyone besides wealthy white men would support GOP, I do not recall saying that everyone who supports GOP is a racist (But I consider them ignorant, ill-informed or misguided).

But I do say GOP policies are racist and anti-women and anti-gay policies. I am convinced of that.

If you can read what I have written in Japanese to Japanese audience over the years, you will know I am far more critical of their racist attitudes than my hostility toward GOP.

What my ancestors did to people in Asia during World War II is unforgivable. And racism against Koreans or other people from Southeast Asia still continues. I don't even blame you if you say all Japanese are racist because from outside, it can be seen like that.

Posted on: 2013/12/16 21:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Yes, GOP was once a great party. And back then, DEM was a horrible racist party. In our time that's reversed!

Yes, it's part of the looney left code to throw racism around. Next up-opposing Obamacare is racist because Obama is half black!

It is more difficult to criticize Obama and/or Obamacare without sounding racist; it's true.

However when the right wing extremists talk about Obama and/or Obamacare, it is racism.

Since you feel every supporter of the GOP is extreme and right wing you therefore call every Republican racist.

Of course, many would call Japanese treatment of non-Japanese as racist. (Hint-one such group is the United Nations). Are you as active as combating racism back in Tokyo as you are in your adopted country? If not, why not? Could I say all Japanese racist, because quite a large population is?

Posted on: 2013/12/16 21:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
You have to know your enemies:

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/

Posted on: 2013/12/16 21:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:

Posted on: 2013/12/16 21:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:

Posted on: 2013/12/16 21:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/12/16 21:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
I'll say it again-the intolerance of those who demand tolerance themselves always amuses me, not least of all because they are self blind to it.

And this concludes this debate, okay? I have to get back to work.

On the second thought, I will say one more thing before getting back to work.

GOP is asking for tolerance for their intolerance. I argue that intolerance can only be combated with intolerance.

In other words, I do not tolerate their intolerance.

It's Bush's fault! Lather, rinse, repeat. Or lay it on the famous Republican, Abraham Lincoln, who fought the southern Democrats to free the slaves.

Posted on: 2013/12/16 20:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
I'll say it again-the intolerance of those who demand tolerance themselves always amuses me, not least of all because they are self blind to it.

On the second thought, I will say one more thing before getting back to work.

GOP is asking for tolerance for their intolerance. I argue that intolerance can only be combated with intolerance.

In other words, I do not tolerate their intolerance.

Posted on: 2013/12/16 20:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2013/12/16 20:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/12/16 20:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
When you have people here getting moist over disgusting and vile insults to women who are Republican I feel ok to call them looney-because, after all, they would be outraged if someone made the same comments to a woman who is a Democrat.

Call me anything you want. I don't know you. You don't know me. I don't take it personal.

Quote:

Oh, that's right, you say the dumbest people are GOP women. Next to GOP homosexuals.

Yes, the only people who I at least understand why supporting GOP is wealthy white male. I don't blame them for wanting to protect their wealth or social status. I have moral objections to them, but at least what they are doing is consistent and I understand it.

I honestly don't understand why women, LGBT, minorities, middle class people want to support GOP. To me, it's like being Jewish and Natzis at the same time! Why support a party that hates you? I just don't get it.

Quote:

Are you a closeted misogynist because of that? Or just believe it's ok to insult people when they aren't of your political party?

I'm a feminist. I support equal pay for women (GOP does not). I support reproductive rights (GOP does not). I support Violence Against Women Act (GOP does not). For those reasons (and there are many more), I hate GOP, and I'm not afraid of offending anyone.

And I'm not a politician nor am I a public figure. I can say whatever I want to say (if the moderator finds it offensive, let's them decide that). And this is a forum on the Internet. If you don't like what I say, just ignore it and move on.

Posted on: 2013/12/16 20:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
When you have people here getting moist over disgusting and vile insults to women who are Republican I feel ok to call them looney-because, after all, they would be outraged if someone made the same comments to a woman who is a Democrat.

Oh, that's right, you say the dumbest people are GOP women. Next to GOP homosexuals.

Are you a closeted misogynist because of that? Or just believe it's ok to insult people when they aren't of your political party?

Posted on: 2013/12/16 19:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
this website has some of the worst people on it

Posted on: 2013/12/16 19:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
You get props for being open about your looney leftiness!

Thanks, I guess. But keep in mind that I called myself that in a sarcastic way (because you called people on my side looney left). As far as I'm concerned, those who are crazy are people on your side.

Posted on: 2013/12/16 19:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
You get props for being open about your looney leftiness!

Posted on: 2013/12/16 18:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I hope you're as charitable with Governor Christie not knowing about the Fort Lee lane closings as you are about Obama and the IRS scandal. :)

Of course! I have not seen credible evidence to suggest that Christie was behind this or was anyway connected to this. I personally think that the allegation Christie did this to spike Fort Lee mayor is ridiculous (He was going to win anyway with or without his endorsement).

But at the same time, I haven't seen the evidence that he had absolutely nothing to do with it, either. "A mistake got made", he said, right? That's what politicians say to down play the seriousness of an issue. How was this mistake made, is I'm curious to know.

And IF (IF okay?, that's a big IF) Christie had something to do with this, his reputation of straight talker (no bulls*** above politics guy) is going to be no more. In other words, Christie brand will be damaged. IF it gets to that, it's going to hurt him with his ambition.

Quote:

As far as landing hard on groups that engage in political support while seeking tax free status-shouldn't unions be held to the same standard? Is that ethically correct, not to mention morally correct??

I don't think so. While I do not always agree with what unions do, I believe that they exist for a good reason. I do not believe the same for conservative groups. So I don't advocate for same treatments.

Please keep in mind. I'm a loony left. I consider conservative movements fundamentally flawed and evil.

Posted on: 2013/12/16 18:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Atsushi you should read up about the IRS scandal-yes, they did finally (in some cases years after the applications were filed, and unsurprisingly AFTER the election) approve some of the conservative groups status.

This is a scandal ONLY if Obama instructed IRS to do so. I have not seen credible evidence of that.

Quote:

But the IRS had admitted its guilt by apologizing for the targeting of conservative groups-you do know that, right?

I thought that they apologized for using this tactics. In other words, there were no political motives behind it. Again, I have not seen evidence to suggest that there is a larger political motives behind this (or Obama was behind this). If you have the evidence published by reliable source, please do post it here. I would love to examine it and change/adjust my opinions.

Quote:

And now Obama is pushing for stricter controls, while exempting unions (his base, obviously) from similar controls. Hey, it worked for him with Obamacare (until the unions ended up reading the fine print).

I don't find this ethically or morally objectionable.

I hope you're as charitable with Governor Christie not knowing about the Fort Lee lane closings as you are about Obama and the IRS scandal. :)

As far as landing hard on groups that engage in political support while seeking tax free status-shouldn't unions be held to the same standard? Is that ethically correct, not to mention morally correct??

Posted on: 2013/12/16 18:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Atsushi you should read up about the IRS scandal-yes, they did finally (in some cases years after the applications were filed, and unsurprisingly AFTER the election) approve some of the conservative groups status.

This is a scandal ONLY if Obama instructed IRS to do so. I have not seen credible evidence of that.

Quote:

But the IRS had admitted its guilt by apologizing for the targeting of conservative groups-you do know that, right?

I thought that they apologized for using this tactics. In other words, there were no political motives behind it. Again, I have not seen evidence to suggest that there is a larger political motives behind this (or Obama was behind this). If you have the evidence published by reliable source, please do post it here. I would love to examine it and change/adjust my opinions.

Quote:

And now Obama is pushing for stricter controls, while exempting unions (his base, obviously) from similar controls. Hey, it worked for him with Obamacare (until the unions ended up reading the fine print).

I don't find this ethically or morally objectionable.

Posted on: 2013/12/16 18:13

« 1 ... 36 37 38 (39) 40 41 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017