Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: what time is construction allowed to start
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
You really want to know?

Onyx Equities, LLC
900 Route 9 N. Ste. 301
Woodridge, NY 07095

http://www.onyxequities.com/investment/30-montgomery-street/

This City of Jersey City agency is there:

Department of Housing, Economic Development & Commerce
30 Montgomery Street
Jersey City, NJ 07302

Anthony Cruz, Director

Posted on: 2015/4/25 14:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Annod wrote:
Why are they drilling at 30 Montgomery St at 11:30 PM on Friday night? Do they have a permit to do this?

Who are "they"?

Posted on: 2015/4/25 11:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Why are they drilling at 30 Montgomery St at 11:30 PM on Friday night? Do they have a permit to do this?

Posted on: 2015/4/25 3:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/15 23:01
Group:
Registered Users
Like the Officer stated ,they are allowed to work on the interior of the building on any day. As long as the noise stops by 10 pm. The only reason they need permits for interior work would be first to insure that the repairs are up to the City code, and secondly for tax appraisal purposes ( when it comes time for a tax reval and the people don't want the assessors into their residence the city simply looks at the permits for the improvements made and estimate the tax that way.

Posted on: 2015/2/7 19:32

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/28 14:02
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Hey guys -

First time poster, been in JC for close to a decade. Renovation of the unit next to mine started recently &, for the most part, they've been sticking to the 7 to 6 Monday through Friday schedule. They have permits up for the renovation, etc. No biggie - I can deal with that.

Today (a Saturday) they started working at 9 AM sharp, waking me up with drilling & hammering. Per previous posts in this thread, I thought there was a law against "The erection (including excavation), demolition, alteration or repair of any building other than between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. on weekdays...." so I called 5477 & they sent an officer out.

The officer told me the workers were within their rights to be working on the renovation on a Saturday because it was "inside" & not a crew bulldozing a building, etc. I brought up the "alteration & repair" part of the law & he said it didn't apply. According to this officer, renovation on the unit next to mine can occur on any day of the week & at any time until 10 PM, when it then becomes a noise issue & then & ONLY then could I try to report it. Huh?

Obviously, this doesn't seem right to me (or I wouldn't be posting on here) - they still need construction permits to be doing the work, after all, so wouldn't their work hours need to fall within those stipulated by the construction laws?

Posted on: 2015/2/7 16:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

psyop wrote:
At the new Silverman site at 210 9th st there is construction going on this morning, do they need to have a permit posted to be doing this on a Saturday?

Saturday construction by special permit only. Hours are from 9am to 5pm.

Letter should be posted but if not, site manager should be able to produce upon request.

No permit, no construction.

Posted on: 2013/6/15 19:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
A related question. 10th street has a 4 ton vehicle limit that Spectra and others regularly ignore. Is this legal?

Posted on: 2013/6/15 16:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
At the new Silverman site at 210 9th st there is construction going on this morning, do they need to have a permit posted to be doing this on a Saturday?

Posted on: 2013/6/15 13:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Construction is M - F, 7am to 6pm

Saturday construction is by PERMIT ONLY, 9am to 5pm

No Sunday permits or holiday like Christmas, Easter.....

If 5477 operator gives you lip service, get their operator number & report them. It is not their job to make this kind of decision & most do not have a clue & do not live in JC.

Posted on: 2012/5/27 23:04

Re: Downtown JC construction rules?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
I live next to a construction site (yay, right?) and they start at around 7am. I set my alarm for 7 anyway so I am waking up when they start. I don't get home til 7pm and they are always done by then. They don't work weekends either (thankfully) so I can sleep in at least then.

The only thing is they are blocking the entire sidewalk and the whole thing is walled off with a sign that says "use other side" but that makes no sense since my building is on this side. I always have to walk around it hoping I don't get hit by a car. Why bother saying "use other side?"

Posted on: 2012/5/25 12:49

Downtown JC construction rules?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/23 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
I am lucky enough to live across from what is now a construction site. I feel they may be starting earlier and possibly working later than the city allows. Can I get some help here? JC construction rules? I fully understand that construction is part of city living. BFD. Starting at 6am with trucks and whatnot...not cool at all. This morning a truck idled outside my windows with the radio blasting talk radio. It was awesome. Anyway, enjoy your sandwiches and thanks in advance for any advice.

Posted on: 2012/5/24 23:13

Re: Construction - What time can it start in the morning?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

986 wrote:
...and what time must they finish by?

I was woken up at 7am this morning to the first of what will probably be many, many months of construction on a site near my home this morning. It's now close to 6pm and they are still at it.

What are the rules around noisy construction in JC in terms of disturbing neighbors?

(6) Construction, repair or alteration of buildings. The erection (including excavation), demolition, alteration or repair of any building other than between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. on weekdays, except in case of urgent necessity in the interest of public health and safety, and then only with the permission of the Construction Official. Such a permit may be granted for a period not to exceed three (3) days or less while the emergency continues, and such permit may be renewed for periods of three (3) days or less while the emergency continues. If the Construction Official determines that the public health and safety will not be impaired by the erection, demolition, alteration or repair of any building or the excavation of streets and highways between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m., and, if he or she shall further determine that loss or inconvenience would result to any party in interest, he or she may grant permission for such work to be done within the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. upon application being made at the time the permit for the work is awarded or during the progress of the work.*
* Editor?s Note: Amended at time of adoption of Code; see Ch. 1, General Provisions, Art. I.
http://municipalcodes.lexisnexis.com/ ... _3__Specific_standar.html

Posted on: 2008/11/28 23:57

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/1 22:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

plspaco wrote:
8am to 6pm m-f
call 201-547-5477 if they havent closed shop.

Thanks,

Called the PD dispatcher as you suggested and they said it depends on the permits. They were going to check.

Posted on: 2008/11/28 23:12

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/29 16:11
Group:
Registered Users
8am to 6pm m-f
call 201-547-5477 if they havent closed shop.

Posted on: 2008/11/28 23:01

Construction - What time can it start in the morning?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/1 22:18
Group:
Registered Users
...and what time must they finish by?

I was woken up at 7am this morning to the first of what will probably be many, many months of construction on a site near my home this morning. It's now close to 6pm and they are still at it.

What are the rules around noisy construction in JC in terms of disturbing neighbors?

Posted on: 2008/11/28 22:43

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/9/19 21:47
Group:
Registered Users
I have had good luck calling the police on Saturday to have construction stopped. Maybe it's an easy call for them. I have even called during the week about a loud radio coming from a construction site. They came within 30 minutes. Lesson learned: call if you think you are within your rights, or if you are unsure what the laws are.

I have never had any luck calling the historic district people about what I believe to be a violation of the historic restoration ordinances, however.

Posted on: 2007/2/20 15:47

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/3 15:05
Group:
Registered Users
Per the celeste message that now appears above when posting,** if you search noise ordinance you would find a long thread. I posted a link there. Here is the extraction for your complaining pleasure:

? 222-3. Specific standards. [Amended 9-22-1981 by Ord. No. MC-29; 6-9-1988 by Ord. No. C-750]

A. The following acts and noises are declared to be loud, disturbing and unnecessary noises in violation of this Article, but this enumeration shall be deemed to be illustrative only and not an exclusive enumeration of such noises:

(6) Construction, repair or alteration of buildings.
The erection (including excavation), demolition, alteration or repair of any building other than between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. on weekdays, except in case of urgent necessity in the interest of public health and safety, and then only with the permission of the Construction Official. Such a permit may be granted for a period not to exceed three (3) days or less while the emergency continues, and such permit may be renewed for periods of three (3) days or less while the emergency continues. If the Construction Official determines that the public health and safety will not be impaired by the erection, demolition, alteration or repair of any building or the excavation of streets and highways between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m., and, if he or she shall further determine that loss or inconvenience would result to any party in interest, he or she may grant permission for such work to be done within the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. upon application being made at the time the permit for the work is awarded or during the progress of the work.*
* Editor?s Note: Amended at time of adoption of Code; see Ch. 1, General Provisions, Art. I.

** should the green box be called the EggFlyLice box?

Posted on: 2007/2/20 14:31

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/4/15 22:19
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

romeo wrote:
To my knowledge, construction usually starts as early as 7am. President's day is not the Fourth of July.

well they started work on New Year's Day at 7am as well. There should be some kind of law that on holidays and weekends they should can't start till 8am. I can tell you that when these new neighbors move in they are not going to be very welcome--people on this street are pissed. The workers are throwing their trash everywhere and they keep taking up parking spots with their dumpsters. And working early and working as late as 10pm at night. Oh, and I just love when they change out the port a potty at 4am (very loud trucks pick them up and change them for a new one) at least the workers aren't pissing and crapping all over the street

Posted on: 2007/2/20 3:43
"I was sent here for a reason I have not yet been able to fathom." Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/4/25 14:08
Group:
Registered Users
To my knowledge, construction usually starts as early as 7am. President's day is not the Fourth of July.

Posted on: 2007/2/20 3:24

what time is construction allowed to start

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/4/15 22:19
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
I live on a block (as I am sure many of you have a story) where a house is being renovated. They start work at 7am- even today when most people had off(and also do this on saturdays). Is there an offical time they are allowed to start with the jackhammers???

Posted on: 2007/2/20 2:23
"I was sent here for a reason I have not yet been able to fathom." Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017