Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
66 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 66

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: NJ TRANSIT does not own bus stops, nor does NJ TRANSIT shovel snow at bus stops.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Cities have no problem issuing a citation to a homeowner if the snow isnt cleared in the allotted time. Maybe NJ should use its hammer and impose a fine in each instance a bus stop isn't cleared when the city is responsible.

Posted on: 2019/1/21 3:42

Re: NJ TRANSIT does not own bus stops, nor does NJ TRANSIT shovel snow at bus stops.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I know on JFK, when it snows and the snow piles on, the county plows pushes the snow from in front of the bus stops.

Posted on: 2019/1/21 1:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
They're right though. This is a city issue and they are skirting on their responsibility.

Just because something might be right, it doesn?t make it correct.

The sole purpose of NJ Transit is to provide transportation solutions to NJ residents. They can?t do this if the infrastructure to do so is buried in snow. Instead of throwing their hands up in the air and exclaiming ?... nor does NJ TRANSIT shovel snow at bus stops. Keep the phone number of the local municipality handy in order to request a bus stop to be shoveled.? they could be proactive about the situation and, as part of the job of route supervisors that do spot checks along bus routes, those same clipboard toting supervisors could call the appropriate city or county agency that can help clear or shovel a particular stop. Heck, drivers themselves could make a notation of inaccesible stops and turn that in after completing their runs for someone to call theight agency.

This sounds reasonable to me. But let's take it a step further. Bring in the heavy hand of the state to order municiaplities to maintain NJ Transit stops. Right now if NJ transit called a municipality about the bus stops, I'm not sure if they will respond in a reasonable amount of time.

Also, why should NJ transit be calling hundreds of municipalities about the bus stops. Local citizens should do their part instead of relying on a transit agency to make the calls.

I dont disagree with anything you said though.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Fully agreed that people should help themselves as much as possible. I just take exception to a governmental agency or service shirking their duties using a technicality as cover for their decisions/actions. For whatever reason, we (I am referring to the region in general) have become accustomed to accepting sub par governmental performance (usually through apathy, but often because a misguided sense of "well, that's the way things are here") and have stopped expecting much better. We pay comparatively insane taxes and receive so little in return, and somehow we seem OK with that.

Posted on: 2019/1/20 22:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
They're right though. This is a city issue and they are skirting on their responsibility.

The sole purpose of NJ Transit is to provide transportation solutions to NJ residents. They can?t do this if the infrastructure to do so is buried in snow. Instead of throwing their hands up in the air and exclaiming ?... nor does NJ TRANSIT shovel snow at bus stops. Keep the phone number of the local municipality handy in order to request a bus stop to be shoveled.? they could be proactive about the situation and, as part of the job of route supervisors that do spot checks along bus routes, those same clipboard toting supervisors could call the appropriate city or county agency that can help clear or shovel a particular stop. Heck, drivers themselves could make a notation of inaccesible stops and turn that in after completing their runs for someone to call theight agency.

This sounds reasonable to me. But let's take it a step further. Bring in the heavy hand of the state to order municiaplities to maintain NJ Transit stops. Right now if NJ transit called a municipality about the bus stops, I'm not sure if they will respond in a reasonable amount of time.

Also, why should NJ transit be calling hundreds of municipalities about the bus stops. Local citizens should do their part instead of relying on a transit agency to make the calls.

I dont disagree with anything you said though.

Posted on: 2019/1/20 21:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:

Posted on: 2019/1/20 13:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:

Are we talking about the sidewalk or the street of the bus stop? The sidewalk is the responsibility of the property owner. The street is not an issue, no buses in JC actually pull over anyway, they just stop in the middle and block traffic.

The sanitation dept will happily give me a ticket when some asshole dumps bags of their construction debris on my property, but God forbid they issue tickets to all the entities that own the sidewalks that never get shoveled even weeks after the snow has fallen.

Posted on: 2019/1/20 4:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2019/1/20 0:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Annod wrote:
From Twitter:

@NJTRANSIT

NJ TRANSIT does not own bus stops, nor does NJ TRANSIT shovel snow at bus stops.

Keep the phone number of the local municipality handy in order to request a bus stop to be shoveled.

#NJTWinter http://bit.ly/2W5URIR

https://twitter.com/NJTRANSIT/status/1086677925057970182

https://en.seeclickfix.com/jersey-city

Talk about chutzpah... NJ Transit should be excoriated by state administrators for brazenly absolving themselves of any and all responsibility to the customers they are supposed to serve.

I guess that since they provide crappy service, seldom on time, with some of these buses poorly maintained, it shouldn't be a surprised they refuse to do nothing more for their customers.

Posted on: 2019/1/20 0:08

NJ TRANSIT does not own bus stops, nor does NJ TRANSIT shovel snow at bus stops.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
From Twitter:

@NJTRANSIT

Keep the phone number of the local municipality handy in order to request a bus stop to be shoveled.

#NJTWinter http://bit.ly/2W5URIR

https://twitter.com/NJTRANSIT/status/1086677925057970182

https://en.seeclickfix.com/jersey-city

Posted on: 2019/1/19 23:39

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact