Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic - Liberty State Park June 3, 2017
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
The good old days were when it was held on Governors Island. Pretty harmless event... a lot of pomp and pretension. Can't imagine any more damage than when NFL Super Bowl Party was there.... though that was held on snow and ice.

Quote:

third_street_hats wrote:
Can we trade this corny event for the return of All Points West, please?

Posted on: 2017/6/6 22:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/21 2:00
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Chances of another large scale music festival at LSP are slim... in addition to the crazy damage done to the lawns, the logistics of getting to the festival were a nightmare. Luckily, I used to live right across from LSP at the time it was held, so walking there was easy. But, the biggest issue with APW was that the organizers were relying on massive crowds coming from NYC, and there were a few problems getting people there:
- there weren't enough ferries, and it proved hard to get masses there by water.
- many/most took PATH to Grove and would then struggle to find their way to LSP on foot (that Jersey Ave stub into LSP is not just ugly, but also unintuitive for someone who hasn't walked the area)
- the few that knew to ride PATH to HBLR still had to figure out how to get to the park, which was almost a mile to walk to the festival from the HBLR station.

It would be great if LSP was easier to reach for everyone. I feel it would get even more visitors and use if that was the case.

I can't help but wonder how much damage the polo event caused. In addition to the horses, there were numerous cars and trucks parked on the lawn. As of yesterday (Monday), little was cleaned up and there was litter all over.

Most attendees seemed to arrive by ferry though it seemed fairly orderly, at least early on around noon when I passed through.

Perhaps this is selfish, but i like that the park is out of the way for many people. It gets crowded enough on nice weekends; I dread the day when they complete the Jersey Ave. extension. Then again, I like the isolation of nowheresville.

Posted on: 2017/6/6 17:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

third_street_hats wrote:

Chances of another large scale music festival at LSP are slim... in addition to the crazy damage done to the lawns, the logistics of getting to the festival were a nightmare. Luckily, I used to live right across from LSP at the time it was held, so walking there was easy. But, the biggest issue with APW was that the organizers were relying on massive crowds coming from NYC, and there were a few problems getting people there:
- there weren't enough ferries, and it proved hard to get masses there by water.
- many/most took PATH to Grove and would then struggle to find their way to LSP on foot (that Jersey Ave stub into LSP is not just ugly, but also unintuitive for someone who hasn't walked the area)
- the few that knew to ride PATH to HBLR still had to figure out how to get to the park, which was almost a mile to walk to the festival from the HBLR station.

It would be great if LSP was easier to reach for everyone. I feel it would get even more visitors and use if that was the case.

Posted on: 2017/6/6 15:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/12 22:36
From the village
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/6/6 14:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Why Neil Patrick Harris and 20 Other Celebrities Attended This Polo Match

We break the chicest polo match of the summer down by the numbers

Posted on: 2017/6/6 3:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
for the past 2 years cheapie tix have been $75. So they doubled the price this year for Neil Patrick and a couple Alicia Keys tunes.

I dunno...

It is fun, but they only sell their own booze at 100 a bottle so that plus new ticket price equals a pricey outing.

Posted on: 2017/4/27 16:48

Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic - Liberty State Park June 3, 2017
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Neil Patrick Harris, Alicia Keys coming to in North Jersey in June

, Staff Writer, @BergenBrennan Published 6:51 p.m. ET April 26, 2017

With the 10th anniversary of the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic came a decision to make a popular event move up another notch.

Broadway star Neil Patrick Harris is the host, which tells you this is no ordinary sporting event.

The classic also will feature a performance by Alicia Keys.

The national anthem will be sung by Jordan Fisher from the cast of Broadway smash “Hamilton.”

Tickets go on sale Thursday, April 27 at 3 p.m. General admission is $150, Early Access is $225, and “Rose Garden” (accent on the e in Rose) are $500. Early Access gets you a spot on the first ferry departing from Manhattan to Liberty State Park.

Hit the Buy Tickets icon here at that time.

The match starts at 2 p.m. and Keys performs at 5 p.m. Overall, the event goes from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.

http://www.northjersey.com/story/news ... -jersey-june-3/100953226/

Posted on: 2017/4/27 16:22

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017