Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: pitbulls attack
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image
Greg Napora returned home from work find his wife Darla outstretched on their living room floor having been bitten dozens of times

Resized Image
Police shot the pit bull terrier, similar to the one pictured, dead as it tried to escape from the Napora's back garden

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic ... g-room.html#ixzz1VIaV83VR

Posted on: 2011/8/17 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/8/16 18:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

(An excerpt from yesterday's papers):

"..scratches and bites to her face, head, neck and arms - were consistent with an animal assault..."

So we will know more when the autopsy results on the victim and the necropsy of the unneutered pit bull are done.

Feel free to read this article....
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article ... 51KMV1V.DTL#ixzz1V6lMmWV4

Posted on: 2011/8/15 14:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/24 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.examiner.com/american-pit- ... ng-what-really-happened-1 Pacifica dog mauling?what really happened? By Cindy Marabito, American Pit Bull Examiner ..Greg Napora returned home for lunch yesterday in Pacifica, California to find his wife, Darla, lying dead on the floor and their male pit bull standing over her. Darla was six months pregnant. According to ?reports?, he put the male dog in the backyard and called authorities. When the police arrived, Gunner got out and was immediately shot and killed by the police officers. Studying the quickly banged out articles from the San Jose Mercury News, San Francisco Chronicle and Huffington Post, certain facts seemed missing from the coverage. Reuters reported the woman as a San Francisco native and one story featured a ridiculous photo of a yawning pit bull on a city street. Had the media that dived into the frenzy done a bit more investigating, they might have discovered the real truth behind Darla?s death. According to residents of the Napora neighborhood, the dog did not maul Darla Napora, ?just found out that the woman fell off a ladder and hit her head...husband came home found the dog standing over her...he put the dog out side....it got loose and cops shot the dog...thinking that it had mauled the lady. The dog had blood on it's body because he was trying to nudge her to make her move....? Darla?s father, Doug Robinson was quoted as saying, ?Lets wait for the autopsy I talked to the police and will wait for the professionals to make a decision I have been a police officer and a detective for several years. This is my daughter and I will wait for the evidence.? The people who covered this story need to re-examine the facts. Hopefully, an autopsy will be performed and answer the many questions left gaping and open in the articles. If discovered Gunner was innocent and pawing his mom to ?wake up?, the dog is still dead. The female pit bull, guilty of nothing, was sent to Peninsula Humane Society, also the county dog pound. The facility?s history with pit bull breeds is not very hopeful, so her chances of being saved are probably slim to none. The death of a pregnant woman is a tragedy too horrible to imagine. People immediately jumped on the pit bull hate train with remarks like, ?pit bulls should be terminated FOREVER,? ?exterminate that nasty breed once and for all,? and from a wildlife volunteer, ?these are not dogs?they are a different category of beast? pulled from SF Chronicle commentary. Until the coroner?s report is disclosed, no one will know the whole story. Hopefully, the report will convey exactly what happened yesterday at the Napora household. Sadly, with this kind of media coverage, everyone suffers. Pit bulls are sitting in death row shelters waiting to die by the millions as it is. With coverage like these stories, millions more will die needlessly. Please send all pit bull stories and tips to doggirl1@earthlink.net Join National Examiner's American Pit Bull on Facebook Check out Pit Bulls and Other Animals blog. Author - Pit Bull Nation Pit Bull Nation is a tell all book about rescuing pit bulls from death row for over twelve years. Now available in e-book and print. ..... Continue reading on Examiner.com Pacifica dog mauling?what really happened? - National American Pit Bull | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/american-pit- ... ned-1#ixzz1V0BqTXtLQuote:
GrovePath wrote:

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Pet pit bull mauls pregnant Calif. woman to death Darla Napora 'lived her own life, no matter what anyone else said,' father says; police later destroy canine msnbc.com news services updated 25 minutes ago A pregnant northern California woman was mauled to death by her pet pit bull, which was later shot and killed, reports say. The body of Darla Napora, 32, was found at her home in Pacifica, said police Captain Dave Bertini, according to NBC Bay Area affiliate KNTV. The victim's husband found his wife around noon, with one of the family's pit bulls standing over her body, KNTV said. He was able to get the dog into the backyard before police arrived, but the animal escaped, charging the officers later. Police fired three shots, killing the dog. The family's second pit bull, which was not believed to be involved in the incident, was removed and taken to the Peninsula Humane Society as a precaution, KNTV said. A neighbor told the San Francisco Chronicle that she saw Napora?s distraught husband outside the house before authorities arrived on the scene. "He was in the driveway all frantic, yelling," Kathy Carlson told the newspaper. "He had blood on his hands, blood on his shirt and blood down his pants." A sign reading "Beware of the Dog" hung from a fence that wraps around the home, according to the San Jose Mercury News. 'She lived her own life' Darold Larson of Yakima, Wash., told the Mercury News that his daughter was athletic and had a great sense of humor. She and her husband Greg had been married for two years. "She lived her own life, no matter what anyone else said," he told the Mercury News. "She was an individual." Local residents said they had not sensed any previous problem with the animals. "They are not barking dogs. They seemed friendly," Carlson told the Chronicle of the two dogs owned by the Naporas. "I have a pit also, and he's an absolute angel. It's just really sad." The Mercury News said Napora worked as a saleswoman for a local wine brokerage. The owner of the brokerage, Shannon Burke, told the paper that Darla Napora was at least six months along in her pregnancy. "It's a big loss," the Mercury News quoted Burke as saying. "She was very much loved."

Posted on: 2011/8/14 11:38

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/12/6 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
I agree with @phDog these are not Jersey City related incidents.

@GrovePath
it seems you dislike pitbulls but you need to post these articles in the appropriate section. I for one believe pitbulls are the product of their environment. I'm an animal lover and a defender of all dogs regardless of breed.

Another thing @GrovePath, you post way too many downers.

Posted on: 2011/8/13 3:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/30 14:07
Group:
Registered Users
i think we need a sub forum for ppl to complain about pit bulls.

And Grovepath - thats a non jC related atricle, please post it in the appropriate section.

Posted on: 2011/8/12 14:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Pet pit bull mauls pregnant Calif. woman to death Darla Napora 'lived her own life, no matter what anyone else said,' father says; police later destroy canine msnbc.com news services updated 25 minutes ago A pregnant northern California woman was mauled to death by her pet pit bull, which was later shot and killed, reports say. The body of Darla Napora, 32, was found at her home in Pacifica, said police Captain Dave Bertini, according to NBC Bay Area affiliate KNTV. The victim's husband found his wife around noon, with one of the family's pit bulls standing over her body, KNTV said. He was able to get the dog into the backyard before police arrived, but the animal escaped, charging the officers later. Police fired three shots, killing the dog. The family's second pit bull, which was not believed to be involved in the incident, was removed and taken to the Peninsula Humane Society as a precaution, KNTV said. A neighbor told the San Francisco Chronicle that she saw Napora?s distraught husband outside the house before authorities arrived on the scene. "He was in the driveway all frantic, yelling," Kathy Carlson told the newspaper. "He had blood on his hands, blood on his shirt and blood down his pants." A sign reading "Beware of the Dog" hung from a fence that wraps around the home, according to the San Jose Mercury News. 'She lived her own life' Darold Larson of Yakima, Wash., told the Mercury News that his daughter was athletic and had a great sense of humor. She and her husband Greg had been married for two years. "She lived her own life, no matter what anyone else said," he told the Mercury News. "She was an individual." Local residents said they had not sensed any previous problem with the animals. "They are not barking dogs. They seemed friendly," Carlson told the Chronicle of the two dogs owned by the Naporas. "I have a pit also, and he's an absolute angel. It's just really sad." The Mercury News said Napora worked as a saleswoman for a local wine brokerage. The owner of the brokerage, Shannon Burke, told the paper that Darla Napora was at least six months along in her pregnancy. "It's a big loss," the Mercury News quoted Burke as saying. "She was very much loved."

Posted on: 2011/8/12 13:43

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/27 23:58
Group:
Registered Users
it does. however, i gather that what made the officers seem so
comically "clumsy" attests to how difficult it was to subdue the dogs, who were probably violently thrashing.

as for pitbull owners vs. the breed -- given the inherent nature of the breed (as a whole -- i'm not saying there aren't exceptions) -- even if the case is that there are more idiotic owners now than in the past, more of an argument that there needs to be more stringent laws and consequences for breaking them.

Posted on: 2011/7/28 15:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Sounds like a Three Stooges episode.

Robin.

Posted on: 2011/7/28 14:54

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/16 4:48
Group:
Registered Users
not ALL pitbulls attack.

Most anyone I know that has ever been bitten by a dog, 9 times out of 10, its usually a smaller breed dog.

I was actually bit by a pitbull once. It sucked, but I didn't blame the dog, the owner didn't know how to control her. And perhaps I was a little less cautious than I should have been.

And, about 100 years ago, American families looked to pitbulls to look after children. Their old nickname was "The Nanny Dog".

So, whats changed? Their "dna", or the people that are owning them?

Posted on: 2011/7/28 14:47

pitbulls attack
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/27 23:58
Group:
Registered Users
yeah, i know that it's not only pit bulls who fight and attack -- however, given their dna as dogs bred to fight, given their inherent territorialism (even beyond the typical dog), i think it should be unlawful for pit bulls to be out in urban areas without a muzzle. Once they start fighting or attacking, its almost impossible to subdue them without injury/death to the dogs or to others.

echoing another poster on nj.com: heaven forbid a child was in the vicinity when the dogs began to fight.
Moreover, what idiot of an owner takes 3 pitbulls out for a "walk" in a densely populated area with no muzzles?
-----------------------------------------------------

article from jj today:

Five people including two cops injured while trying to stop Bayonne woman?s pit bulls from fighting
Published: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 3:00 AM
Kate Kowsh/The Jersey Journal By Kate Kowsh/The Jersey Journal
Follow
Share Email Print

Five persons, including two Bayonne police officers, suffered injuries last night while attempting to break up a dog fight at 28th Street and Avenue E in Bayonne, police said.

A female resident was walking her three pit bulls on leashes when two of the dogs began to fight, police said.

When the woman attempted to break up the fight, one of the dogs turned on her and bit her leg, police said.

When a friend came to her aid, the dog bit her on the chest and arm, said Deputy Chief Ralph Scianni.

A male neighbor then rushed over to help them and restrain the aggressive dog and it bit him on the left calf, his left tricep, and his forearm, Scianni said.

Officers arrived at 6:19 p.m. and tranquilized the aggressive dog, but two officers were injured in the process when a tranquilizer dart exploded, Scianni said.

?One officer got hit with the tranquilizer (chemicals) in his eyes and the second officer got hit with the spray . . . in his mouth,? Scianni said.

The three bite victims were taken by ambulance to Bayonne Medical Center for stitches while the officers were taken to the hospital by police car, he said.

Bayonne Animal Control has taken custody of the agressive dog and will conduct an investigation that will include quarantining it for 10 days, Scianni said.

The dog owner was not charged with any violations.

Posted on: 2011/7/28 14:34

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017