Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Tia's Place in Downtown Jersey City -- a destination for stylists and fashionistas.
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/24 2:10
Group:
Registered Users
A couple of comments-- first, I've noticed that Tia's merchandise now has a considerably lower price point-- lots of inexpensive brands that I did not see before (Roxy, Quiksilver). Unfortunately (for me anyway), the merchandise and new labels are more suited for a very young client, which may be their target. Previously, they seemed to have a lot of the same labels you could get at Bloomingdales (Velvet, Tibi, etc)-- minus the regular bloomie's discounts. That did not really inspire me to shop there.
I would not at all mind paying more if Tia's would carry more small, interesting labels that you can't find at every UES boutique and department store. Some other items I would go in for regularly-- simple but stylish tops to wear under suits and cute, well cut work dresses. I currently buy work stuff at J Crew, Theory or Anthropologie but would love some more options.
And it's true-- I find it unsettling that as soon as you walk upstairs, someone quickly follows you up then pretends to busy themselves up there while you know they are "keeping an eye" on you. There must be a better way to discourage shoplifting?

Posted on: 2010/2/16 21:52

Re: Tia's Place in Downtown Jersey City -- a destination for stylists and fashionistas.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/14 15:48
Group:
Registered Users
I recently discovered Tia's place over the holidays. I have been meaning to go back but I too was followed around the store. I wasn't asked if I needed help, just shadowed, and it did make me feel uncomfortable. Hopefully it won't be as aggressive the next time.

Posted on: 2010/2/16 21:40

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/17 12:32
From Van Vorst
Group:
Registered Users
I have felt followed too, though this is usually during slower times where no-one is working the second floor.

It is a little weird to be treated like you are going to steal something given the price point of the merchandise. On another note, it is nice to have someone up there to help you get another size or a second opinion.

Posted on: 2010/2/16 18:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/26 14:52
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Maricaru25 wrote:
This place is a very nice boutique that I will never step foot again!! They follow you around and it is a totally uncomfortable experience. A high end boutique of this caliber should not make you feel as though you are criminal. Also, I have recently learned that am not the only one who feels this way.

I like their selection, pricepoint, and location but I have to agree with you on the service. The one salesperson was relentless with her "helpful" suggestions while the owner just kinda ignored me. I probably would have bought something but it really annoys me when salespeople don't even say hello when I walk through their door.

Posted on: 2010/2/16 18:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Maricaru25 wrote:
This place is a very nice boutique that I will never step foot again!! They follow you around and it is a totally uncomfortable experience. A high end boutique of this caliber should not make you feel as though you are criminal. Also, I have recently learned that am not the only one who feels this way.

Maybe the next time you go there you should try the not showering for a week approach.

Posted on: 2010/2/16 16:31

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/10/26 18:23
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/2/16 15:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/16 16:22
From beneath the jumping sheep
Group:
Registered Users
I love Tia's, too, even though they do not carry my size (despite my repeated requests for the past 5 years). I go there for accessories, gifts, and to help my girlfriends get some retail therapy.

Posted on: 2009/7/9 16:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/5 14:28
Group:
Banned
In this economy - I have no idea how they will stay open. T-shirts for $85 is a bit much and they put crap out for sale that nobody was ever going to buy anyway....

Posted on: 2009/7/9 15:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/23 1:54
Group:
Registered Users
I like Tia's. I think the variety of price points they offer is refreshing, although I do wish they would carry more items in the "under $100" category. Still, a fun place to shop and browse.

Posted on: 2009/7/9 15:37

Tia's Place in Downtown Jersey City -- a destination for stylists and fashionistas.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Tia's Place

While in graduate school, Tia?s Place owner Megan O?Sullivan conceived of a different kind of clothing boutique combining up-and-coming designers and niche brands with one-of-a-kind furniture pieces that would attract clientele wanting a personalized shopping experience in a neighborhood atmosphere. In early 2004, armed with eight years of financial experience, Megan traded Wall Street for Grove Street, where she settled on a 2,000 square foot space in downtown historic Jersey City, NJ to open Tia?s Place, which was expanded to a second floor doubling it's size in late 2006. She did not have to look far for cohorts. Having lived through countless weekends of auctions, garage sales and flea markets with Grandma Tia (the stores namesake), Grandpa Andy, Mom Sandi and Aunt Barbara, Megan knew she would be able to offer distinctive furniture and antiques ? everything from armoires to artwork, chairs to chandeliers, etageres, tables, dressers, mirrors and more. So today, mom and Aunt Barbara have joined Megan as in-house designers and furniture restorers, a skill they learned from their parents. Since opening, Tia?s Place has become a destination for stylists and fashionistas. Megan has served as a stylist for magazine and television and a resource for other stylists through the NYC area. Future plans include special events like the 3rd Annual Fall Fashion Preview with Shape Magazine, Vintage Night in conjunction with SweetTater, a boutique in Manhattan?s trendy Nolita, and an expansion into e-commerce.

http://www.hudsonreporter.com/listing ... hing-Jersey-City-NJ-07302

Posted on: 2009/7/9 8:22

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017