Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
161 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 161

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Greenville: Man refuses to give up smoke, so 15 men rob him of jacket
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ripple wrote:
I need to travel to Greenville (JFK & Grant) to return some cable equipment to Comcast sometime soon (they refuse to pick it up from my new apartment). As far as I can tell, the easiest way to get there (from downtown) is to take the light rail to West Side and walk a few blocks.

Reading this kind of story worries me a bit. It seems that 90% of the crime stories I read here are from Greenville. Nevertheless, I assume the probability of getting mugged in broad daylight is pretty low. Anyone have any experience with the area I'll be traveling to?

Most of the crime in the Greenville section that you read ab out in the newspaper occurs east of the boulevard, way east. As someone stated the #10 will drop you off near the front door when going home stand near the bus stop by the school where others will be waiting as well.

Posted on: 2009/12/7 17:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
Quote:

ripple wrote:
I need to travel to Greenville (JFK & Grant) to return some cable equipment to Comcast sometime soon (they refuse to pick it up from my new apartment). As far as I can tell, the easiest way to get there (from downtown) is to take the light rail to West Side and walk a few blocks.

Reading this kind of story worries me a bit. It seems that 90% of the crime stories I read here are from Greenville. Nevertheless, I assume the probability of getting mugged in broad daylight is pretty low. Anyone have any experience with the area I'll be traveling to?

you should be fine in the middle of the afternoon at the comcast office. trust me, ive been there many times. it's not exactly the "heart" of greenville we're talking about here.

i agree with heron, the #10 bus will put you at almost the front doorstep.

Posted on: 2009/12/7 17:37

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/4 23:21
Group:
Registered Users
If you're really worried, take a Montgomery and Westside bus or Exchange Place bus, get off at Kennedy Blvd and take the no. 10 bus to Grant and Kennedy. If you're willing to walk, those first two buses will take you to Grant and West Side Ave.

Posted on: 2009/12/7 17:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/6 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Ripple,
You should be fine in broad daylight.

Posted on: 2009/12/7 17:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/18 14:09
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/12/7 16:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
Just another reason why fried chicken is bad for you. Yummy as it is.

Posted on: 2009/12/7 15:46

Greenville: Man refuses to give up smoke, so 15 men rob him of jacket
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
He refuses to give up smoke, so 15 rob him of jacket

Monday, December 07, 2009

A Jersey City man who went out to buy a cigarette Saturday morning got robbed by 15 men after one of them demanded a smoke and he refused to cough it up, officials said.

The 23-year-old Bidwell Avenue man said it was 1:45 a.m. when he walked to a fried chicken restaurant at Bidwell and Ocean avenues to buy a cigarette, reports said.

As he left the restaurant, a man approached and demanded the cigarette.

When the victim refused, the man said to the group he was with, "Let's rob him," reports said.

Some 15 men surrounded the victim, took his jacket and went through his pockets. It was not clear from reports if anything besides the jacket was taken.

MICHAELANGELO CONTE

Posted on: 2009/12/7 11:04

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017