Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Armed robbery near Montgomery?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/16 1:14
Group:
Registered Users
You'd think the dominos guy would have reported it himself. If he did, the cops might have went directly to him, but they should have still followed up with your sister's husband. If he didn't, I would say we need to at least consider the possibility that the guy your sister's husband ran into was fabricating the story. Did your sister's husband call the police, or did the other guy?

Posted on: 2007/12/14 22:04

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/4/7 15:20
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:
kinds sounds like a bad joke:

"So a puerto rican, a black guy, and a Dominoes guy walk in to a bar...."

That sounds halarious... Got a loud chuckle out of me.
Someone please finish it. lmao

Posted on: 2007/12/14 18:36
"IS THIS THE Susquehanna HAT COMPANY?"
(ABBOTT AND COSTELLO)

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/9 18:02
From The Little Italy Section (Back Then)
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

alb wrote:
Quote:

Scottacus wrote:
(Remember if someone witnesses a crime in progress they should always call 911, not the non-emergency number.)

Disclaimer: The following could be wrong. I'm going by what I think I saw someone post here awhile back.

You should call 911 in an emergency, but, if you're using a cell phone, the 911 routing system (?) is not very good, and it's hard for the 911 people to get your call to the right people.

So, if you have a cell phone, you should program the non-911 number for the local police into your speed dial system and call that in an emergency (if you're in the city you live in when you see a crime).

Question for those who know more about this: If what I've written is true, and you have two people calling about a serious crime in progress, would it make sense to have one person call 911 and the other speed dial the local police number, then ask the authorities which call to drop? Or would that just confuse everyone?

Good question, In JC the cell 911 calls go to the Hudson County Center. They in turn switch you over to the JCPD.

I would go with calling 911 as I've had several times called the 5477 number and received a message that all operators are busy and to hold on. That delay could cost you or someone harm. Hudson County does switch you over to JCPD pretty fast.

Posted on: 2007/12/14 5:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Scottacus wrote:
(Remember if someone witnesses a crime in progress they should always call 911, not the non-emergency number.)

Disclaimer: The following could be wrong. I'm going by what I think I saw someone post here awhile back.

You should call 911 in an emergency, but, if you're using a cell phone, the 911 routing system (?) is not very good, and it's hard for the 911 people to get your call to the right people.

So, if you have a cell phone, you should program the non-911 number for the local police into your speed dial system and call that in an emergency (if you're in the city you live in when you see a crime).

Question for those who know more about this: If what I've written is true, and you have two people calling about a serious crime in progress, would it make sense to have one person call 911 and the other speed dial the local police number, then ask the authorities which call to drop? Or would that just confuse everyone?

Posted on: 2007/12/14 5:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Maybe the JCPD should ride in Domino's Vehicles. Domino's response time seems to be much better. "20 minutes or less".

Posted on: 2007/12/13 23:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
I think they called 911. It was an emergency situation. The response time is really bad, if there was a response at all. They don't know. I'll see what they find out. I'm going to call Dominoes.

Posted on: 2007/12/13 20:36

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/28 15:31
Group:
Registered Users
Wonder if it's the same guys who had the box truck that always parked in the bus stop on Montgomery. I saw them putting a shotgun behind the seat one day, same response from the police then - nothing. This was about 1.5 years ago. Wouldn't suprise me if the shotgun robbers lived somewhere around there.

Posted on: 2007/12/13 18:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
kinds sounds like a bad joke:

"So a puerto rican, a black guy, and a Dominoes guy walk in to a bar...."

Posted on: 2007/12/13 18:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/20 2:38
Group:
Registered Users
Wow, deliverymen are such targets. I hope he was okay, at least.

Do you know if they called 911 or the non-emergency number? Either way the response is not acceptable, but it helps to know just how unacceptable it is.

Posted on: 2007/12/13 18:34

Armed robbery near Montgomery?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
My sister's husband was parking his car near Montgomery and Varick last night about eleven o'clock. A young Puerto Rican guy ran up to him and said, " Be careful man, I just saw two black guys in ski masks rob the Dominoes delivery guy with a shotgun". My brother-in-law and the guy called the cops and went around looking for the Dominoes guy. THey couldn't find the delivery guy. After waiting for the cops for twenty minutes, my brother-in-law had to go upstairs, but the other guy said he would wait. My sister and brother-in-law waited to hear sirens until 12:30, but didn't hear anything.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Posted on: 2007/12/13 18:27

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017