Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
141 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 141

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Westside Dog Owners: Lincoln Park New Dog Run + Trails
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/8 14:46
Group:
Registered Users
I pulled up this park on google maps - looks great! Does anyone know if it is ok to let your dogs swim in those lakes?

Posted on: 2007/10/4 2:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

xtine wrote:
What's the parking situation like over there? Do I recall that they have lots or is it street parking?

The parking is very good. There's a bridge that takes you over 440, go to the very end of the lot ,and the run is at the end of the road. Also two lakes (one huge) that feed off the Hackensack river so tons of wildlife are part of the new park.

Posted on: 2007/10/2 20:39

Edited by r_pinkowitz on 2007/10/2 20:59:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

worm wrote:
Okay, so I must be retarded. I went looking for the dog run this past weekend and I couldn't find it. I walked over the foot bridge and around the nature walk area. I am guessing I was obviously heading in the wrong direction?

If you go over the bridge with the stairs (that crosses over 440), as soon as you get to the bottom make a left (before the wooden foot bridge) follow the trail you will see baseball fields on your right and the run is at the end of the trail before the parking lot.

Posted on: 2007/10/2 20:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/21 14:19
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Okay, so I must be retarded. I went looking for the dog run this past weekend and I couldn't find it. I walked over the foot bridge and around the nature walk area. I am guessing I was obviously heading in the wrong direction?

Posted on: 2007/10/2 20:12

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/7 1:54
Group:
Registered Users
What's the parking situation like over there? Do I recall that they have lots or is it street parking?

Posted on: 2007/10/2 19:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bender wrote:
Hi Mary Ann,

Sorry for the delay in response! I've added myself to the DOG JC group. Thanks for the invite.

I was just by this morning and it does look like the dog run is almost done. They were smoothing out the ground. Gotta say that this is the nicest dog run I've ever seen--benches, trees, water fountains. It's way too nice for my dogs, jk! Looking forward to the official opening...

Jenn

So, my dog and I went on a hike Sunday.. midway we found the run. Even though it's not open we went in and she loved it. The water fountain that filled up like a bowl and has the slow drain was great. I'm not sure what type of surface they will have, and it doesn't seem to be split for small and large dogs. The new trails are so nice and I felt like I was in Central Park. Our hike was about two hours (15 min rest) walk. Also, When we left the new part of the park and cross over to the old part, I make her do the stairs 40 up and 40 down ..She is getting up there in the years and it's good for her hips.....mine too! ; )

Posted on: 2007/10/2 19:37

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/10/2 21:27
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Mary Ann,

Sorry for the delay in response! I've added myself to the DOG JC group. Thanks for the invite.

I was just by this morning and it does look like the dog run is almost done. They were smoothing out the ground. Gotta say that this is the nicest dog run I've ever seen--benches, trees, water fountains. It's way too nice for my dogs, jk! Looking forward to the official opening...

Jenn

Posted on: 2007/10/2 19:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Lincoln Park is a really great park! I hope Liberty State park looks as nice in years to come -- when the trees grow up -- also with all the new tower people coming a dog run there too would be great idea!

Posted on: 2007/9/24 14:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/17 12:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Welcome to the community Jenn
I invite you to join our Jersey City Dog Group @

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/DOGJC/

Pinky--Could you please post your L P construction message on the dog group too?

thanks
Mary Ann

Posted on: 2007/9/24 14:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/21 14:19
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
That's soooo cool! I can't wait to check it out...

Posted on: 2007/9/24 13:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
I just heard that the new dog park in Lincoln Park is close to completion.
The fence wasn't complete yet, but it had a lot of the fixtures in place, benches, trees, fake hydrants.
It's in the new addition to the park that is beautiful, has a huge lake, wooden foot bridge walkway. You can either park in the main park and walk over or drive over the new bridge that crosses over 440. It's about 4 x the size of the Van Vorst Park run.

Posted on: 2007/9/24 4:16

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for responding! Where is the infamous "tick castle"? I haven't explored too much; usually just stick to the main jogging paths! :)

Posted on: 2007/9/22 14:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/9 13:46
From Intersection of Venerated @ Ensconced
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bender wrote:
...Also, for all you other dog owners in JC (esp you guys in Hamilton and Van Vorst), in addition to Lincoln Park, Liberty State Park is absolutely amazing to walk your dogs at...

I agree Liberty State Park is GREAT, but I'd caution dog-owners to watch out for ticks, both on dogs and owners, when walking around LSP. I think many owners get lulled into a false sense of security with the NYC skyline in sight.

I've never been to the infamous "Tick Castle" in LSP, but I've had to pick ticks off me and my dogs more than once from the regular "well-traveled" walkways.

Otherwise,... enjoy!

Posted on: 2007/9/22 14:11
"Dogs are our link to paradise." - Milan Kundera

Westside Dog Owners: Lincoln Park New Dog Run + Trails

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Everyone,
I'm a recent JC transplant on the West Side with 2 dogs. I'm posting just to generally see who all is out there (since most of the dog-related forums on this site relate to the downtown parks.)

Re Lincoln Park, what a great place for dogs! Shoutout to the guy with Rotty, guy with the black lab, and the couple with the boxer I see all the time! Looks like that's a new dog run they built back there between the rear baseball fields. Anyone using it? (Jim with the 2 brown dobermans-that's me the Asian chick with 2 labs you met recently). :) Also, does anyone ever use the back trails that go along the river? The trailhead is totally hidden and starts near the new dogrun. I tried once and the grass was too high after awhile... Maybe in the winter...

Also, for all you other dog owners in JC (esp you guys in Hamilton and Van Vorst), in addition to Lincoln Park, Liberty State Park is absolutely amazing to walk your dogs at. So is Stephen Gregg park in Bayonne. I know it's tough without a car, but trust me, it's worth getting to!

Jenn

Posted on: 2007/9/22 13:59

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017