Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bring camera scans to Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Interesting usage. Obvious privacy concerns, as were mentioned in the article, but a cool little tool nonetheless. It either doesn't say or I missed the cost of this tech, but I wonder if it will be possible to get the funding for it.

Posted on: 2011/4/13 2:31

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/12 21:25
From Parts Unknown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

Binky wrote:
I see a surprising number of cars with temporary plates mounted on their tinted back windows. Impossible to read. I\'m surprised it\'s legal.

I\'ve often wondered how many of those are expired. Lots of those tint jobs are illegal too, as no tint is legal on the windshield or front doors in NJ. My personal favorite is the dirty hazy plastic covers over the plate. Obscuring the plate is illegal. Both are examples of low hanging fruit ignored by JCPD and JCPA. \"What budget crisis?\"

Exactly. When I walk from my place in HP to the Newport PATH, I like to keep count of all the vehicle violations that haven\'t been ticketed: blocking/too close to hydrants, partially blocked driveway aprons, parked in or too close to the crosswalk, view of plate(s) obstructed, no parking permit, etc. All I can think is that JC must not be hurting for cash that bad because they are passing up a boatload of easy money by not ticketing the obvious violations. The irony of this story is that most of my walk is down 7th St. and I pass right by the police station.

The gestapo cops in the city I moved here from in Cleveland (Cleveland Heights) would salivate all over themselves if they had this many opportunities to issue citations:

Cuyahoga County Tickets Up in 2010

Posted on: 2011/4/13 0:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

Binky wrote:
I see a surprising number of cars with temporary plates mounted on their tinted back windows. Impossible to read. I'm surprised it's legal.

I've often wondered how many of those are expired. Lots of those tint jobs are illegal too, as no tint is legal on the windshield or front doors in NJ. My personal favorite is the dirty hazy plastic covers over the plate. Obscuring the plate is illegal. Both are examples of low hanging fruit ignored by JCPD and JCPA. "What budget crisis?"

I know a few people that got tickets for those hazy plates. I was just driving next to someone on Montgomery this afternoon I wanted to say something but the traffic kept moving. Hazy plates are as good as covering them.

Posted on: 2011/4/12 23:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Binky wrote:
I see a surprising number of cars with temporary plates mounted on their tinted back windows. Impossible to read. I'm surprised it's legal.

I've often wondered how many of those are expired. Lots of those tint jobs are illegal too, as no tint is legal on the windshield or front doors in NJ. My personal favorite is the dirty hazy plastic covers over the plate. Obscuring the plate is illegal. Both are examples of low hanging fruit ignored by JCPD and JCPA. "What budget crisis?"

Posted on: 2011/4/12 23:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Binky wrote:

That may be the point, and they may not be. I been noticing a lot of Pennsy plates up in the Heights, plus this couple had their car registered in Virginia while their daughter was in college I called it in and it must have been addressed because either the college kid is finished or someone got wise.

Posted on: 2011/4/12 21:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/4/12 20:46

Bring camera scans to Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
They are being used in NYC to cut down on crime. JC defintely has a few oases for the criminal element. They should also mount these to capture speeders.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/12/nyr ... 2plates.html?ref=nyregion

Posted on: 2011/4/12 20:18

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017