Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
34 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 34

more...


Forum Index


Board index » All Posts (mr_smith)




Re: How much to tip for food delivery?
#1
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


$2 doesn't even cover the cost of their gas...I will happily give $4 or $5 tip so my lazy butt doesn't have to leave the house...especially when the weather sucks.

Posted on: 2010/2/22 1:04
Of those who say nothing, few are silent.
-Thomas Neill
 Top 


Re: PRESERVATION OF POWERHOUSE TO BEGIN
#2
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


I hope they put in a pilates studio and dog yoga.

Posted on: 2010/2/21 20:07
Of those who say nothing, few are silent.
-Thomas Neill
 Top 


Re: JCPD arrest 46 in Operation "Wetlands"
#3
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

JerseyCityPower wrote:
To:
"ihatethiscity":
you wrote:
"What ever happened to the days of public executions?"

Yikes!
So you'd wanna see a body swinging from a tree like in them 'good ole days'?

Well--GOOD NEWS!
We helped bring lynching to IRAQ!

It's a FREE and DEMOCRATIC country NOW! Yippee!

Maybe YOU can move there and enjoy the freedoms we reigned down on the people!

And what would YOU do with those CONVICTED here in Jersey City -- of 'white-collar crimes'?


@JerseyCityPower

If that body belongs to a person that contibutes nothing positive to society? Definately.

You are trying to evoke some sort of racist attitude to ihatethiscity's comment but it is not racist to want to hang people who are nothing but parasites. Furthermore, why the hell are bringing up Iraq? What does that have to do with anything being discussed? Stop using fallacious reasoning and imflammatory rhetoric to prove some sort of dumbass point.

I don't think hanging this people will work long term though. I think we should put these animals out of business by legalizing the drugs they are selling. Who would buy from a dealer when they can just go to a store? Let's end our futile "war on drugs" and stop making it possible for these hoodrats to make money selling drugs...maybe then their culture will stop venerating these criminals as icons.

Posted on: 2010/2/21 0:52
Of those who say nothing, few are silent.
-Thomas Neill
 Top 


Re: Downtown: Police say Jersey City man flees after gunman pulls trigger, but gun doesn't fire
#4
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Do they really need to?

Posted on: 2010/2/19 17:54
Of those who say nothing, few are silent.
-Thomas Neill
 Top 


Re: Downtown: Police say Jersey City man flees after gunman pulls trigger, but gun doesn't fire
#5
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

snowflake20 wrote:
WTF?????? The crime here is out of hand. Now you can't even walk home at 8 pm without worrying you'll get shot?


I am willing to bet money this wasn't an "innocent" person out grocery shopping or whatever. Random murder is really, really, unlikely.

Posted on: 2010/2/19 17:37
Of those who say nothing, few are silent.
-Thomas Neill
 Top 


Re: Lincoln Park: New Park Tavern - 'DISRESPECTED MY GIRL' - Customer smashes windows with bat
#6
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


I have been there a few times and its a cool bar once you get inside...cheap drafts, a fireplace, patio. Looks shady as hell from the outside though.

First time I have heard about an "incident" there...isn't that place usually filled with cops?

Posted on: 2010/2/2 16:55
Of those who say nothing, few are silent.
-Thomas Neill
 Top 


Re: Heights: Five assail jitney bus in Jersey City, rob driver and attack passenger
#7
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Getting robbed is equal payment for being a lousy driver... that is probably why they robbed the bus driver- payback! We should give these "heroes a medal for putting that bus driver in her place. The only bad drivers in JC are the bus drivers... JerseyCityFrankie you have the guts to say what we all want to but don't.

[the above statements were an attempt at sarcasm]

Posted on: 2010/2/2 16:48
Of those who say nothing, few are silent.
-Thomas Neill
 Top 


Re: Jersey City murder count inched up to 25 in 2008
#8
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


It seems that if you really look for the causes of crime and spikes in crime rates it normally has a coorelation to periods of economic stagnation.

I am not saying that this is the case here but it does bear some looking into.

Posted on: 2009/1/8 22:26
Of those who say nothing, few are silent.
-Thomas Neill
 Top 


Re: St. Peter's College Area: Bergen Ave. robber knocks 16-year-old girl unconscious and breaks her jaw
#9
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


This sort of thing happens all the time. She probably took all her money out when she paid for her food and some piece of shit saw the amount of cash she was carrying and decided that he would show how tough he was and pull a gun on her. it takes a real man to smack a teenage girl in the face with a gun.

Posted on: 2009/1/8 19:26
Of those who say nothing, few are silent.
-Thomas Neill
 Top 


Re: Unleashed Pit Bull attacks jogger in Lincoln Park -- Owner leaves woman bleeding
#10
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Instead of arguing about whether or not pit bulls are good dogs I think we should focus on the owner of the dog that fled the scene. What did this person look like and has anyone seen these dogs before?

I for one think that I have and would encourage the police, if they wanted to find the person, to look in the area around Harrison ave because these two dogs sound familiar. Had the paper given a description of the owner maybe someone would recognize them and would then be in a position to hold them accountable.

Great Job Jersey Journal!! Your coverage of the news is thorough and always possessed of pertinent information.

Next time a description of the suspect would be helpful.

Posted on: 2008/12/15 12:40
Of those who say nothing, few are silent.
-Thomas Neill
 Top 


Re: Lincoln Park area: Nab four teens in robbery attempt on 64-year-old man
#11
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


GrovePath,
I realize that you are trying to keep everyone up to date with what sorts of crimes occur in JC but why is it that you always write that it is the Lincoln Park Area when in fact all of these crimes take place on Duncan Ave; why not just say Duncan Ave?

Lincoln Park is really big and while Duncan Ave does run along the side of the park I do not think that it is an accurate representation of the surrounding areas. So to say the Lincoln Park Area is a bit of a misnomer, unless you are aware of something I am not (which is quite possible).

Posted on: 2008/7/27 6:47
Of those who say nothing, few are silent.
-Thomas Neill
 Top 


Re: Lincoln Park Area (i.e. Harrison Ave. b/w Kennedy and West Side Ave.
#12
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


I live in one of the condos on the left side of Harrison between JFK and West Side and while I did have someone break into my apartment that shit could have happened anywhere, even in the suburbs... particularly if you don't lock your windows like my dumbass.

I walk around at all hours of the night and I feel safe (I am a small white guy by the way). For the most part people are friendly and quiet...ish. The few people that I have seen who look like crackheads seem to be on there way somewhere else and the young kids I see hanging out seem more interested in getting laid than they are with trying to cause a problem. It is just like anywhere else if you look for a problem you will find it; if you just mind your own business you will be fine.

Besides which, in about five years I can only imagine what the houses or condos are going to be selling for, particularly with its proximity to Lincoln Park (which is huge) and Journal Square... as well as the ability to get out of JC on 1&9 with very little traffic.

Posted on: 2008/6/24 12:19
Of those who say nothing, few are silent.
-Thomas Neill
 Top 


Re: New York Times: Staying in the Comfort Zone -"...amazed at how close Jersey City is to Manhattan..."
#13
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


now I see why certain residents of JC are complaining about yuppies moving in.

Posted on: 2008/6/22 19:41
Of those who say nothing, few are silent.
-Thomas Neill
 Top 


Re: Abbey's Pub
#14
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Sounds like a fun bar where is it?

Posted on: 2008/6/13 5:02
Of those who say nothing, few are silent.
-Thomas Neill
 Top 


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#15
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

SalOnTheHill wrote:
Quote:

mr_smith wrote:
Quote:

SalOnTheHill wrote:
Quote:

mr_smith wrote:
To SalOntheHill:

What I meant to write was neighborhood watch, not just neighborhood.

And I am not complaining that someone was selling crack in the park, it was just an FYI to everyone in the area who might bring their kids to the playground. The reason I did not call the cops is because by the time they got down there the guy (who was already walking away) would have been long gone and why waste their time?

On another note: I love the sardonic and sanctimonious tone you took with me... another intenet tough guy.

-Chris Smith


Right, because lifting a finger and giving a description would have been so difficult, and you\'re really the most qualified person to determine what\'s a waste of police time? Fact is that Lincoln Park is a County Park, under almost constant patrol by County Sheriffs, to whom a call would have been quickly routed.

Do \"everyone in the area\" a favor: save your FYIs, and report drug dealing at playgrounds when you see it, hot shot.


I spend a lot of time in Lincoln Park and this is the only time I have ever seen something like this.

It is easy to say to call the cops but unfortunately I did not have my cell phone on me or I would have, but by the time I got home it was about an hour or more later. I did follow the guy for a bit but did not see any cops in the park or I would have just walked over and told them what I saw.

I did actually consider saying something to the \"dealer\" myself but my judgement got the better of me, I would rather not provoke a confrontation unless it endangers my family or myself.

And the reason I posted the FYI was so that people could keep an eye out for that sort of thing. But following your logic if I can not call myself I should just pretend I did not see anything?

Maybe instead of jumping to hasty conclusions you should keep your mouth shut or ask more questions, it might help you clarify your understanding of situations, hotshot.



Wow! The plot thickens, with every post! So in your first response, he was already walking away and they wouldn\'t have gotten there in time, and in your follow up, you were without your cellphone for over an hour. Riiiiight. How conveeeeeenient...

Good job throwing in the \"contemplation of drug-dealer confrontation\" yarn, though. Nice touch, especially for somebody calling other people \"tough guy\".

Mmmmm.... spin.

Just call the cops next time, mmmkay? Even if it\'s to just give a description.


Actually I am being honest. I was on my way to the dog park and did leave my phone at my house (I dislike cellphones and frequently \"forget\" to bring it with me). I often go down there and stay for an hour or more, factor in the twenty minutes it takes to walk down there (and then twenty more back) and it was well over an hour before I got back to my house. There is nothing \"convenient\" about it, I simply did not have my phone on me.

Obviously you feel like you need to hear the whole story so here it is: I was walking my dog down to the dog park at the ass end of Lincoln Park at about 3:00 in the afternoon. I noticed a black guy and a white lady standing there. She handed him money; he in turn handed her something that I could not see. They both had the \"no teeth crack head look\" about them so I figured that was what the transaction was about. They both seemed somewhat nervous that I was staring

I thought briefly that I would yell at him to not sell crack so close to a playground but thought better of it (maybe I was wrong or maybe I would get inot a fight or worse). She then proceeded to walk up towards west side and he walked down towards the duck/goose pond with the fountain. I followed him thinking that I might see a cop driving around along the way and could let the cop know that he might have drugs on him. I did not see a cop so I decided to mind my own business and continue my walk.

I never said I was a tough guy or that I even act tough in any respect. But I do not have to hide behind a computer screen and insult people who are just posting things that they see in the neighborhood. However, I am not above expressing my opinion on the computer or anywhere else that you are a douchbag. Although, I will take your suggestion and report these things to the police in the future...even if it does happen to be an hour or so later.

Posted on: 2008/5/7 5:02
 Top 


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#16
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

SalOnTheHill wrote:
Quote:

mr_smith wrote:
To SalOntheHill:

What I meant to write was neighborhood watch, not just neighborhood.

And I am not complaining that someone was selling crack in the park, it was just an FYI to everyone in the area who might bring their kids to the playground. The reason I did not call the cops is because by the time they got down there the guy (who was already walking away) would have been long gone and why waste their time?

On another note: I love the sardonic and sanctimonious tone you took with me... another intenet tough guy.

-Chris Smith


Right, because lifting a finger and giving a description would have been so difficult, and you're really the most qualified person to determine what's a waste of police time? Fact is that Lincoln Park is a County Park, under almost constant patrol by County Sheriffs, to whom a call would have been quickly routed.

Do "everyone in the area" a favor: save your FYIs, and report drug dealing at playgrounds when you see it, hot shot.


I spend a lot of time in Lincoln Park and this is the only time I have ever seen something like this.

It is easy to say to call the cops but unfortunately I did not have my cell phone on me or I would have, but by the time I got home it was about an hour or more later. I did follow the guy for a bit but did not see any cops in the park or I would have just walked over and told them what I saw.

I did actually consider saying something to the "dealer" myself but my judgement got the better of me, I would rather not provoke a confrontation unless it endangers my family or myself.

And the reason I posted the FYI was so that people could keep an eye out for that sort of thing. But following your logic if I can not call myself I should just pretend I did not see anything?

Maybe instead of jumping to hasty conclusions you should keep your mouth shut or ask more questions, it might help you clarify your understanding of situations, hotshot.

Posted on: 2008/5/7 3:23
 Top 


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#17
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


To SalOntheHill:

What I meant to write was neighborhood watch, not just neighborhood.

And I am not complaining that someone was selling crack in the park, it was just an FYI to everyone in the area who might bring their kids to the playground. The reason I did not call the cops is because by the time they got down there the guy (who was already walking away) would have been long gone and why waste their time?

On another note: I love the sardonic and sanctimonious tone you took with me... another intenet tough guy.

-Chris Smith

Posted on: 2008/5/7 1:10
 Top 


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#18
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Do we have some sort of neighborhood on harrison ave or is that a stupid question?

Another thing that has been pissing me off are all the people standing around outside walgreens begging for change. I don't mind giving some some change once in a while but these guys are out there all day everyday. If they looked for a job with as much vigor as they beg for money they would be alright. And a lot of the time these guys don't look like they are destitute.

Oh and I saw some guy selling crack in Lincoln Park, right by the playground, which I thought was just in ABC after school specials.

Posted on: 2008/5/6 3:57
 Top 


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#19
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Yeah, shit has to change soon. A woman in my building (260 Harrison) came down the stairs the other morning on her way to work and found a homeless man sleeping in the stairwell.

Maybe a security guard is the answer.

Is there some way to sue RobinsOak into making these changes?

Posted on: 2008/4/29 23:45
 Top 


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#20
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


How would someone go about getting a new management company and does anyone have any idea when board meetings are? I think it might be time to elect some new people to the condo board, unless they start responding to residents' concerns in meanigful ways.

Posted on: 2008/4/24 16:28
 Top 


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#21
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


I live at 260 Harrison and you may have noticed that there was some police activity around 7:00 pm yesterday and I just wanted to let the people of JCList that live on Harrison know what happened.

Sometime between 3:30 am and 11:30 am Sunday Morning (I always considered that to be Saturday night but whatever) someone slid open my kitchen window and climbed into my apartment after gaining access to the back of the building by hopping a short fence located between 270 Harrison and the house along side of 270 Harrison.

After gaining entry to my apartment, the perpetrator then proceeded into my bedroom where I was asleep and stole the pants I had been wearing the night before. This strikes me as an odd thing to steal but my jeans contained my wallet and a $100 in cash.

Seemingly the individual/s only wanted money, but then again I am a guy and not an attractive subject for sex offenders...had this been my fiance who was home alone instead of me who knows what might have happened.

Patricia Meadows of RobinOaks Mgmt. informed us that putting bars on the windows is the condo owner\'s responsibility (whatever I sort of assumed that) and that there is a lot of renovation that?s supposed to start on 260 and 270 and that she will have to look to see if there?s enough money to put up whatever is needed to deter anyone from going in the back area of these two buildings.

Quite frankly her (Ms. Meadow\'s) rude and dismissive demeanor was not appreciated and her answer is unacceptable. The fact that they say they are concerned with the safety of the residents is laughable at best. Access to the buildings and the common areas (specifically in the back of our homes) by anyone other than a resident should be made much more difficult and I encourage other residents to make their opinions known.

If this sort of thing upsets you please contact Patricia Meadows at her direct number: 201-963-3886 EXT: 116

Posted on: 2008/4/22 23:05
 Top 


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#22
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


I live in one of these buildings myself and I did not even know that we have condo board meetings.

Maybe we should just try to get a bunch of the owners together on our own and then maybe we can come up with some sort of plan to get these things fixed?

If you are interested in organizing something let me know, I am willing to help put something together.

Posted on: 2008/3/21 0:10
 Top 


Re: Parking - FIRE HYDRANTS!
#23
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Quote:

jcwestie1 wrote:
Quote:

mr_smith wrote:

one time I left my car running and just wanted to run in the house and grab some laundry this parking "cop" says to me "Ama give youz a summonssss [lipsmack]" (I am guessing that speaking proper english is not part of the job) but at the same time there are people who are double parked on the road and she doesn't say shit. I guess because they have PBA stickers and shields in the window.

Of course there are no actual crimes (like robberies, shootings, and beatings) in JC, so they can afford to waste time and money on parking and people's dogs not being on leashes.



You are wrong in your thinking. Double parking is illegal and causes traffic & accidents. At least the cop extended you a courtesy and told you to move before writing you a ticket.

Pointing out others illegally parked still does not change the fact that you are. Just park in a legal parkign spot and you won't inconveinence others and you wont get a ticket.

Your sarchasm about their being other crimes more important is not needed. Last I checked we live in a CITY and along with major crime we also have traffic problems. what would happen if they put all the cops only on major cases and did not enforce traffic? I know we all hate it but its a necessary evil to keep vehicle and pedestrian traffic moving.


I was not double parked, my car was idling. Parking implies that I turned the car off- there is a difference. So,(as I stated I was not "parked"), I was going to let it run so I could unload my groceries and not have to walk a block or two or three with 90lbs. of food.

Regardless even if I was parked, in the true sense of the word, there is no excuse to write someone a ticket and not someone else solely because the latter has a PBA sticker in their window; let them appear in court like everyone else and then get the ticket thrown out, at least it will prove a point.

As far as my sarchasm [sic] is concerned, I apologize if I belittled traffic concerns in our illustrious city ( I do not hate parking laws and do not view it as pointless) but I do think that if I saw a cop car as often as I see one of those little parking enforcement vehicles we would all be a lot safer.

-cheers

Posted on: 2008/3/7 2:56
 Top 


Re: Parking - FIRE HYDRANTS!
#24
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


You have to park 25' from a crosswalk? That is ridiculous.

Anyways, the parking enforcement people are so random... sometimes they don't ticket you for parking somewhere and the next day you park in the same place and you get a ticket and they are rude; one time I left my car running and just wanted to run in the house and grab some laundry this parking "cop" says to me "Ama give youz a summonssss [lipsmack]" (I am guessing that speaking proper english is not part of the job) but at the same time there are people who are double parked on the road and she doesn't say shit. I guess because they have PBA stickers and shields in the window.

Of course there are no actual crimes (like robberies, shootings, and beatings) in JC, so they can afford to waste time and money on parking and people's dogs not being on leashes.

Posted on: 2008/3/5 4:20
 Top 



TopTop






Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017