Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Lincoln Park area: Nab four teens in robbery attempt on 64-year-old man
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/22 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
GrovePath,
I realize that you are trying to keep everyone up to date with what sorts of crimes occur in JC but why is it that you always write that it is the Lincoln Park Area when in fact all of these crimes take place on Duncan Ave; why not just say Duncan Ave?

Lincoln Park is really big and while Duncan Ave does run along the side of the park I do not think that it is an accurate representation of the surrounding areas. So to say the Lincoln Park Area is a bit of a misnomer, unless you are aware of something I am not (which is quite possible).

Posted on: 2008/7/27 6:47
Of those who say nothing, few are silent.
-Thomas Neill

Lincoln Park area: Nab four teens in robbery attempt on 64-year-old man
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Nab four teens in robbery try

Jersey Journal
Friday, July 25, 2008

Jersey City cops nabbed four teens who forced a 64-year-old man into an apartment building on Wednesday after a failed robbery attempt, reports said.

The Jersey City juveniles - two 16-year-olds of Van Nostrand Avenue and Skyline Drive, respectively, a 15-year-old of Jewett Avenue, and a 17-year-old of Belmont Avenue - were charged with robbery, burglary and obstructing the law, reports said.

The teens first tried to rob the man at about 5:50 p.m. on Duncan Avenue, reports said.

They then forced him into the lobby of an apartment building, where the 64-year-old frantically tried to dial 911 on his cell phone, reports said.

The teens fled when residents at the apartment building came out to see what the commotion was about, reports said.

Police chased the youths into an empty apartment in a building on Fairview Avenue near Kennedy Boulevard, reports said.

One teen was arrested in the apartment, two others on the fire escape and the fourth as he entered a window on the floor above, reports said.

CHARLES HACK

Posted on: 2008/7/25 15:16

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017