Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 93

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Combine Police and Fire Departments
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/8 14:56
Group:
Banned
but i guess what would be better is too train future recruits in the process.it will not work now, but is the system and processes are set up and new recruits learn them at an earlier time then possibly yea. Though itwould take longer to finish.

Posted on: 2011/4/28 4:09

Re: Combine Police and Fire Departments
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/18 2:23
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
I'm sorry but merging the FD and PD is not a financially sound idea. If each department were cross trained to begin with, I would say it is feasible - like federal park rangers cross trained in LE, structural firefighting, wildland firefighting, HAR, SAR, and HAZMAT. But they have received the training up front.

The amount of time and money necessary to train the FD in PD operations and vice versa far outweigh any potential benefits. Aside from the initial training, then the new FF's and LEO's will have to undergo in field training. I think it puts the employee and the public more at risk.

Also, will the FD have to start carrying long arms in their rigs, wear tactical gear and then have to change out when there is a fire? Will the PD be required to carry bunker gear in the cars and change out of their tactical gear when the get to a fire?

I don't know how the Benton Harbor operates its FD or how much understanding Mr. Harris has of that operation, but I know in NYC and JC the FD doesn't just sit around all day waiting for a call. Building and hydrant inspections are supposed to b done, in service training is supposed to be done, and yes while sitting at the fire house maintaining the equipment, maintaining physical conditioning, and equipment rehabbing is done. Are there times when some FF's are just sitting around and relaxing. You bet. Dealing with what they have to deal. with day in and day out, they deserve some time to decompress

Posted on: 2011/4/28 0:16
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Combine Police and Fire Departments
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
I saw this article about a financial administrator in Michigan combing the police and fire departments. This makes sense to me.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/27/us/27michigan.html?ref=us

Posted on: 2011/4/27 20:47

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017