Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
156 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 156

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Sauna/steamroom
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
King Sauna is great. A bit out of the way but I highly recommend it as well. There is a similar place, Spa Castle, out in College Point, Queens, though it can feel a bit amusement parky at times with all the kids running around (they have a bunch of outdoor pools that attract familes).

Wall Street Bath and Spa (formerly Spa 88) is a Russian Style Banya which has several sauna rooms, as well as a great cold plunge pool and a swimming pool for laps. It's at 88 Fulton Street and is a very quick PATH ride and walk away.

http://www.wallstreetbath.com/

Posted on: 2010/6/17 16:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Eleanor_A wrote:
My husband is looking for a place where he can go to a sauna/steamroom. The thing is, he doesn't want to have to pay for a yearly gym membership.

Anyone know of a gym that let's you pay per visit? Or a hotel that has these facilities? I wouldn't mind spending the night in a nice hotel!

Newport Swim & Fitness has a day rate for non-members, there is a sauna and steamroom.

Posted on: 2010/6/17 13:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/8 23:34
From The Italian Village
Group:
Registered Users
If you don't mind driving a bit north to Palisades Park area, I highly recommend the King Sauna and Spa (a Korean Spa with saunas, whirlpools, massage areas. etc.). Feel free to check out their website for more details and pictures:

http://www.kingsaunanj.com/

My husband and I spent a day at this spa on Memorial Day weekend and really liked it. There is an admittance fee for the day which is fairly reasonable, you can use the sauna rooms (dry or steam) and whirlpools at your leisure all day long. They also offer massages and body scrubs for an additional fee and automatically include the tip. They also a Korean restaurant in the premises which serves good quality food.

They offer a discount coupon online for the admittance fee, just click the "e-coupon" link on the main web page.

We felt like we had traveled to Korea for a day, pretty interesting and welcoming place indeed!.

Posted on: 2010/6/17 12:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Just get him onto the PATH during peak hour .... there's plenty of steam with sweaty armpits !!

Resized Image

Posted on: 2010/6/17 8:12
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Sauna/steamroom
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
My husband is looking for a place where he can go to a sauna/steamroom. The thing is, he doesn't want to have to pay for a yearly gym membership.

Anyone know of a gym that let's you pay per visit? Or a hotel that has these facilities? I wouldn't mind spending the night in a nice hotel!

Posted on: 2010/6/17 6:42

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017