Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Heights: Paintball player arrested for possession of a weapon
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GeorgeWBush wrote:
As far as I know posession of a paintball gun in and of itself is not illegal in Jersey, nor do I believe are they considered firearms.

So shooting someone outside of a game could without question be considered agg assault, as there is a real chance that the object being used could cause serious bodily injury.

I'm not a prohibitionist, but I wasn't heart broken when the Sports Authority or Modells or whatever it is over near the mall stopped selling them. GWB

The same can apply to kerosene heaters, they are banned in Jersey City stores such as Sears, they will not sell them here but you may be able to get them in their Wayne store or places with less of a population. Liability reasons can attribute this decision.

Posted on: 2009/3/3 16:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/14 0:06
Group:
Registered Users
Sounds like a "We didn't catch you doing what you were actually going to do, but we know you were about to do something, so you're getting charged" situation.

As far as I know posession of a paintball gun in and of itself is not illegal in Jersey, nor do I believe are they considered firearms.

Having played paintball a few times, it does hurt to get shot- Generally you're so fired up that it's not a massive amount of pain, but it hurts for sure. However, if you are not wearing protective gear, a paintball will absolutely positively destroy your eye if you get hit there at anything close to a medium distance.

So shooting someone outside of a game could without question be considered agg assault, as there is a real chance that the object being used could cause serious bodily injury.

I'm not a prohibitionist, but I wasn't heart broken when the Sports Authority or Modells or whatever it is over near the mall stopped selling them.

GWB

Posted on: 2009/3/3 15:55

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/6 2:06
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not familiar with this area, but my bet is it's not a place appropriate for a game of paintball. A car, house, or other passerby could get hit. My boyfriend was shot at once with a paintball by someone in an apartment on the corner of 2nd and Jersey. He called the cops, and they showed up and searched the building. The cops told him if they would have caught the guy who did it, he would have been charged with aggravated assault, as it was with a weapon.

Sure, its just paint, but it still hurts to get hit with one.

Posted on: 2009/3/3 14:57

Heights: Paintball player arrested for possession of a weapon
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Police: Paintball player arrested, charged

Jersey Journal
Tuesday, March 03, 2009

A Jersey City 19-year-old was arrested Friday as he tried to retrieve his paintball gun and ammo, reports said.

Police officers driving on patrol on Mountain Road at 1:13 a.m. saw Noel Vargas of Hancock Avenue heading toward Paterson Plank Road, reports said.
Advertisement

Vargas was acting suspiciously, glancing at the patrol car and the guardrail along the road, reports said.

When police drove past the spot the teen was looking at they saw a paintball gun and a bag of red paintball pellets, reports said.

At this point, Vargas walked over and told police he was in a paintball game with about 15 other students and the paintball equipment belonged to him, reports said.

Police then arrested Vargas for possession of a weapon, reports said.

TOM SHORTELL

Posted on: 2009/3/3 14:18

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017