Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
141 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 141

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City Parking Authority now only takes cash & money orders for guest parking permits
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/12 19:35
From PH
Group:
Registered Users
If you're a resident (with proof) you can buy as many as you want. If you're a visitor you can only buy 5.

Posted on: 2009/6/18 19:53

Re: Jersey City Parking Authority now only takes cash & money orders for guest parking permits
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of guest passes you can purchase at one time? Is there a general limit per household?

Posted on: 2009/6/18 19:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I mailed my application with a check a couple of weeks ago, and there is no sign that the check was ever cashed. So, maybe they discarded my application because they stopped accepting checks? Should I actually go there to get a residential parking permit?

Atsushi

Posted on: 2008/9/10 19:11

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/10 14:44
From Under the Turnpike
Group:
Registered Users
I had to get a money order a few months back for my guest passes and didn't have much cash on me and also didn't have my checkbook (when that was allowed apparently) but I did go to the Post Office to get a MO and I was allowed to use a debit card. FYI

Posted on: 2008/8/21 18:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/12 23:34
Group:
Banned
The funny thing is that for a residential permit, they will NOT accept cash! Only a money order or personal check!

Posted on: 2008/8/21 17:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/12 3:42
Group:
Registered Users
Who bounces a $3 check for a parking permit?

If they're afraid of fraud, why accept money orders? Someone who would forge a $3 check for a parking permit would forge a money order if necessary. Making three fake $1 bills would be harder, but maybe they will stop accepting cash next.

Who is to say that the JCPA won't start requiring you to pay in 3 lbs of copper scrap for a 1 day parking permit? Who makes these rules?

Something just seems wrong here. Since it involves the JCPA I'm not exactly surprised. I just can't figure out what their angle is this time around.

Is Jersey City really so far gone that people REALLY are bouncing $3 checks for parking permits?

Posted on: 2008/8/21 5:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
True, but you still need cash to get a money order at the post office, which pretty much defeats the purpose in this case.

Posted on: 2008/8/20 21:59

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/6 19:49
Group:
Registered Users
That has happened to me before. There is also a post office a couple doors down that sells Money Orders.

Posted on: 2008/8/20 19:05

Jersey City Parking Authority now only takes cash & money orders for guest parking permits
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
I'm sending this out as a warning/notice in the interest of being a good neighbor and preventing others from having to learn the hard way like I did (I do not work for the JCPA either). If you want to flame me in response (like so many people do on this board), that is your right but remember, I was trying to be nice.

As of today, 8/20, if you want to buy one of those $3/day guest parking permits at the Jersey City Parking Authority, it is CASH or MONEY ORDER ONLY now. Apparently they were getting too many bounced checks from nonresidents. They also said that you can still write regular checks for residential permits (but don't hold your breath on that one).

Bear in mind they tell me this when I am at the window with my checkbook in hand and very little cash on me. I had called the day before to ask when they were open and after they told me until 7:30pm, they also said that if I wanted to get more than one guest parking permit, it HAD to be a check or money order and CASH would not be permitted (I had also paid by check before). But virtually overnight, the director decided to change the policy (well apparently they had been contemplating it for some time because of all the bad checks). The closest ATM is Washington Mutual, and that one charges a $3 fee if you are not a Washington Mutual customer.

Just trying to help.

Posted on: 2008/8/20 17:31

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017