Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Police seize JCFD records for pay probe
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
What the fcuk not again. Siht relating to our public servants was supposed to occur every 2 weeks!

Posted on: 2007/3/23 14:57
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Re: Police seize JCFD records for pay probe
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/1 2:41
Group:
Banned
My $0.02 from the armchair-

This investigation should be run by the State AG's office and should include the police department.

Posted on: 2007/3/23 14:22

Police seize JCFD records for pay probe
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Police seize JCFD records for pay probe

Friday, March 23, 2007
By KEN THORBOURNE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

The Jersey City Fire Department is being investigated over how overtime, vacation, and other compensatory payments were made to its employees, city officials confirmed yesterday.

The "administrative investigation" is being conducted by the Police Department's Special Investigations Unit and was launched Wednesday when investigators entered the Fire Department headquarters on Marin Boulevard and left with several computers, according to several sources.

Officials emphasized yesterday that the investigation is not, at this point, a criminal investigation, although Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio has been notified of it.

The administrative functions of the Fire Department fall under the purview of Fire Director Armando Roman, who didn't return several phone calls yesterday seeking comment. Fire Chief William Sinnott refused to comment.

City spokesman Stan H. Eason confirmed that there is "an ongoing review or investigation, the details of which might be compromised if we comment at this time."

"The Fire Department is cooperating fully," Eason added.

DeFazio said Police Chief Tom Comey notified him by phone Wednesday that the investigation had begun.

"I understand it has to do with not only overtime, but compensatory time, vacation time, and how it was allocated to individual employees," DeFazio said. "If there's evidence of criminality the Jersey City Police Department will consult with our office."

Posted on: 2007/3/23 13:38

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017