Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
88 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 88

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: JJ: Get a city job and store your vessel on public property.
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/3 12:11
Group:
Registered Users
Didn't the City Council just establish a new internal ethical standards committee?
Could this be the results of that unit / committee at work?

Posted on: 2007/2/14 19:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/8 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
You know, this may not seem like a big deal, but if you've ever looked into what it costs to store a boat, you'd know that it is.

Posted on: 2007/2/14 14:06
Thank you for making The Great Jersey City SOUP SWAP an annual success! See you in January 2013 for the next Soup Swap!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
It just never ends...............Some City Hall directors should be sacked. If you can't manage you staff you can't manage a city.
Healy's stupid appointments - sake the Council and get in State Administrators.
Enough already.

Posted on: 2007/2/14 13:55
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

JJ: Get a city job and store your vessel on public property.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/5/11 3:55
Group:
Banned
http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/jerse ... 17143610471130.xml&coll=3

His boat sat for 6 months, rent-free
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
By JARRETT RENSHAW
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Do you have a boat and want a cheap place to store it?

Here's a tip: Get a city job and store your vessel on public property.

That's exactly what Jersey City Deputy Director of Recreation Frank Lorenzo has done for roughly the past six months - that is until The Jersey Journal inquired about it.

Lorenzo said that a "friend of a friend" asked him if he could store the 20-foot sailboat on a lot he owned on Grand Street, where it stayed for roughly two years. Lorenzo said he charged no storage fees and lost contact of the owner of the boat.

Roughly six months ago, Lorenzo sold the lot and had to find a place for the boat, so he decided to move it to a public parking lot at Cochrane Field. The property is owned by the Jersey City Board of Education, but it is leased to the city.

"That's a big area, there's a lot of room," said Lorenzo. "That's what I thought when I did it."

The Jersey Journal inquired about the sailboat, and few hours later Lorenzo was seen hitching the boat to his vehicle and moving the boat to a friend's house.

Asked if it was fair to store a private boat on public property, Lorenzo would only say "I got a complaint, and I moved it."

A spokesman for Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy said that although the boat had been moved the mayor is "concerned" about the issue.

"He is going to have the director look into the issue," said spokesman Stan Eason. "After he speaks to the director, he will take the appropriate steps."

Lorenzo is a longtime political figure in the city, most recently working on the campaigns of Healy and former Ward E Councilman Junior Maldonado.

Recreation Director Bob Hurley said he was aware of the boat, but assumed it belonged to one of the other governmental agencies that use the property, such as the Office of Emergency Management or the military.

Posted on: 2007/2/14 7:31

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017