Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Kennedy Blvd. Any chance for light rail since buses are packed?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
I remember when this was first proposed and it failed. Most people who lived there back in 1999 did not want the lightrail in that area. there argument was it would make the street too narrow and my favorite it would be too noisy.

Thats why it ended up at the New York Bay area like Danforth and Richard Street, Garfiled and MLK because many of the black residents in Greenville/Bergen Lafayette did not complain as much.

Posted on: 2016/2/18 22:53

Re: Kennedy Blvd. Any chance for light rail since buses are packed?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
The Hudson Bergen Light Rail line was originally planned to run on Kennedy Blvd but was moved to the waterfront to spur development potential. But Kennedy has seen it's share of development too and the existing bus network is packed. The answer is no, but is there any long term plans to bring light rail to JFK within our life times? I feel there is enough riders currently to justify the investment.

No, and no. Have you not been around long enough to see people resistance to change and the loss of (free) parking???

No way that you will ever see a light rail extension running over Kennedy Blvd. Central Avenue is an interesting option, but all of those merchants would be against it, as well as the Yvonnes of JC.

Posted on: 2016/2/18 22:40

Kennedy Blvd. Any chance for light rail since buses are packed?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
4/30 4:20
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
The Hudson Bergen Light Rail line was originally planned to run on Kennedy Blvd but was moved to the waterfront to spur development potential. But Kennedy has seen it's share of development too and the existing bus network is packed. The answer is no, but is there any long term plans to bring light rail to JFK within our life times? I feel there is enough riders currently to justify the investment.

Posted on: 2016/2/18 22:13

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017