Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City commemorates Pakistani independence with flag raising
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I see there's already a toilet bowl of a thread going on concerning the issues. Disengaging now.

Posted on: 2015/8/18 20:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
What's wrong with parades and festivals?

Posted on: 2015/8/18 20:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sommerman wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
By Rebecca Panico | The Jersey Journal

City Hall's council chambers were adorned in green and white today, as the city celebrated the 68th anniversary of Pakistani independence with a special flag raising.

Mayor Steve Fulop and city council members Daniel Rivera, Rolando Rivera and Khemraj "Chico" Ramchal were in attendance as well as several local Pakistani community leaders and a United States diplomat to Pakistan.

"We couldn't be more proud to have a large Pakistani community in the city of Jersey City," Fulop said. "I can tell you, that this Pakistani community is one that I am happy to call partners, happy to call friends and one that I look forward to growing a relationship with long into the future."

Leading the day's ceremony was a group of child singers, who sang the Pakistani National Anthem and "Lab Pe Aaiti Hai Dua," a child's prayer.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ence_wi.html#incart_river

I suggest that this be a precedent. Set a date that represents something significant in their history for all the groups that now parade and fly their flag at City Hall.

Just to clarify - I meant this type of ceremony as a substitute for parades and festivals, not in addition to them.

Posted on: 2015/8/18 13:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I agree! Jersey City is lucky to have so much diversity and any group that wants recognition should have it.

Posted on: 2015/8/18 13:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

City Hall's council chambers were adorned in green and white today, as the city celebrated the 68th anniversary of Pakistani independence with a special flag raising.

Mayor Steve Fulop and city council members Daniel Rivera, Rolando Rivera and Khemraj "Chico" Ramchal were in attendance as well as several local Pakistani community leaders and a United States diplomat to Pakistan.

"We couldn't be more proud to have a large Pakistani community in the city of Jersey City," Fulop said. "I can tell you, that this Pakistani community is one that I am happy to call partners, happy to call friends and one that I look forward to growing a relationship with long into the future."

Leading the day's ceremony was a group of child singers, who sang the Pakistani National Anthem and "Lab Pe Aaiti Hai Dua," a child's prayer.

I suggest that this be a precedent. Set a date that represents something significant in their history for all the groups that now parade and fly their flag at City Hall.

Posted on: 2015/8/18 11:44

Jersey City commemorates Pakistani independence with flag raising
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/8/17 19:17

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017