Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Great boat tour of Newark Harbor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Showtime wrote:
Recommended for kids?

The one I took did not have any kids along - I could see my 15 and 16 y.o. nephews enjoying themselves, but younger kids might get restless or bored, and since the best place to see the sights is on deck, where there is not a lot of seating, so I could see kids getting antsy.

They do have a tour coming up with activities especially for kids - http://www.workingharbor.com/pdf%20fi ... %20Day%20flyer%20test.pdf

Posted on: 2015/6/16 21:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
If you are not familiar with "The Working Harbor Committee", I highly recommend their tours of the New York and New Jersey waterfront. While the hired Circle Line boat isn't especially cool, and you have to get over to the Wall Street Pier, the tour guides are true historians of the areas maritime history, and the cruise I took of NY Harbor seeing what remains of the historic working waterfronts in Brooklyn on a ship is a fun way to learn more about local history. Their next tour of Port Newark is coming up in August - http://workingharbor.com/pdf%20files/ ... tNewark_HH_FLYER_2015.pdf

Thanks for posting this! I am partial to maritime history, and really enjoy that kind of stuff. I wish I had known about the BK tour.

Posted on: 2015/6/16 19:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/23 12:49
Group:
Registered Users
Recommended for kids?

Posted on: 2015/6/16 19:51

Great boat tour of Newark Harbor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
If you are not familiar with "The Working Harbor Committee", I highly recommend their tours of the New York and New Jersey waterfront. While the hired Circle Line boat isn't especially cool, and you have to get over to the Wall Street Pier, the tour guides are true historians of the areas maritime history, and the cruise I took of NY Harbor seeing what remains of the historic working waterfronts in Brooklyn on a ship is a fun way to learn more about local history. Their next tour of Port Newark is coming up in August - http://workingharbor.com/pdf%20files/ ... tNewark_HH_FLYER_2015.pdf

Posted on: 2015/6/16 18:46

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017