Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Hallelujah…Phillip Street is finally getting paved.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Any mention of bike lanes? Perfect place for them.

Posted on: 2015/5/9 1:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Absolutely absurd that this street abuts a major park, hosts pedestrian commuter traffic, acts as a quick shortcut for Bayonne/Staten Island/NJ Turnpike car traffic and doesn't even have a single sidewalk. Enraging, actually.

Posted on: 2015/5/9 1:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Walking, or biking, along that stretch is tantamount to a suicide attempt. Not only are the road conditions really poor, but it is a road heavily transited by heavy trucks and out-of-control commuters that speed through it. I biked on that stretch a few times and then gave up. It is infinitely safer, and less harrowing, to go into the park and ride on Freedom Way (or, along the waterfront) and then come out on the South side of the park.

Yeah I am surprised how many people walk and bike along it in the morning going to work in the factories/plants down there. At least now maybe they have a chance. It looks like they made it a little wider and they don't have to worry about the lake when it rains.

Oh, yeah. I had forgotten about the pooled water that accumulates there. Your description is very apt.

Posted on: 2015/5/8 16:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Walking, or biking, along that stretch is tantamount to a suicide attempt. Not only are the road conditions really poor, but it is a road heavily transited by heavy trucks and out-of-control commuters that speed through it. I biked on that stretch a few times and then gave up. It is infinitely safer, and less harrowing, to go into the park and ride on Freedom Way (or, along the waterfront) and then come out on the South side of the park.

Yeah I am surprised how many people walk and bike along it in the morning going to work in the factories/plants down there. At least now maybe they have a chance. It looks like they made it a little wider and they don't have to worry about the lake when it rains.

Posted on: 2015/5/8 16:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Phillip Street from Burma Rd (RR tracks) to Johnston Ave/Audrey Zapp Dr. is finally getting a facelift.

I would say the people who walk and bike on that stretch of road do too.

Posted on: 2015/5/8 15:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/24 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Now if they will only do Pacific. Summit Ave. Grand St near Communipaw at the Junction.

Posted on: 2015/5/8 14:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
(from the JC web site)

Heads Up! Phillip St. Paving to begin on Thursday, May 7, 2015

Part of a Two-Phased Project ? Please Follow Detour Signs
Phillip Street paving will begin Thursday, May 7th, 2015. Part of a two-phased project, Phillip Street will be paved from the Conrail Railroad Tracks to Jersey City Boulevard, near Liberty Science Center.

The next phase will be from Jersey City Boulevard to Johnston Avenue. Residents and commuters should be on the lookout for detour signs directing traffic around the work areas. In addition, Jersey City Police Traffic Directors will be on duty to direct traffic.

Burma Road between Bayview Circle and Thomas McGovern Drive will remain open to traffic during the course of the paving, which is expected to last for four week days.

No paving will be performed over the weekend.

The Burma Road and Phillips Street Improvements project is being funded through a NJDOT state grant.

Should residents or commuters you have any questions or concerns, they should contact the City?s contractor, J.A. Alexander, Inc., care of Frank Passaro, Project Manager, at (201) 954-8348.

Posted on: 2015/5/8 13:21

Hallelujah…Phillip Street is finally getting paved.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Phillip Street from Burma Rd (RR tracks) to Johnston Ave/Audrey Zapp Dr. is finally getting a facelift. They prepared the road taking a layer of black top off and are now paving it. They even put a new sewer by the old JCPD car pound which flooded during any rainy weather. (I have been complaining about the flooding since the Healy dark years)

My car thanks you. I would say the people who walk and bike on that stretch of road do too.

Posted on: 2015/5/8 13:16

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017