Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
134 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 134

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: parking at Liberty State Park HBLR stop
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/30 20:38
From Bay street
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you! Perfect:)

Posted on: 2014/12/17 12:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ilsalmi wrote:
Thank you! I went over today and could not find any other machines, than the ones by the platform. Browsing through the options there was no monthly parking only purchase option, but I guess that is because they all sold out for December already, right? Or are there any other vending machines for the parking passes. Thank you again.

How hard did you look? There are two machines in front of the southeast section of the park & ride lot. There is another machine just slightly north of these two machines. And, there are two more machines right across the northern section of the lot, but before you reach the platform area.

These are the machines I am talking about; Google Street View

From my recollection, the platform machines DO NOT have the option to buy parking passes. Also, the monthly parking pass option on the touchscreens is ALWAYS available. It just won't dispense tickets, and an error message will be displayed, if the machine is out of parking passes.

One last helpful hint: if you try to buy a monthly pass from a machine, and it tells you it is already sold out, try any of the other three. That message only indicates that the particular machine you tried is out of tickets. I have had it happen to me that one machine is sold out, but others are not.

One last comment/observation: tickets seem to be available for a long while after going on sale. I have bought them as late as one or two days before the beginning of the month. But, don't risk it! The only time I was not able to buy a monthly pass I had been out of town for two weeks and when I came back and tried to buy my pass (around the 2nd or 3rd of the month) all the machines were sold out.

Posted on: 2014/12/17 4:37

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bay street
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you! I went over today and could not find any other machines, than the ones by the platform. Browsing through the options there was no monthly parking only purchase option, but I guess that is because they all sold out for December already, right? Or are there any other vending machines for the parking passes. Thank you again.

Posted on: 2014/12/17 2:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
They were running a promotion over the last year weekend parking was free. I think that expires in January.

Posted on: 2014/12/16 19:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
I'll be buying them for the winter months, so I'll let you know how it goes when I purchase in a few days. Looking ahead, those who park on the street in the area will find parking harder as the new developments on Suydam and Monitor drop 150 new families in the neighborhood with limited on site parking will drive up competition.

Monroe makes a good point. Lots of people rely on "free" on-street parking around the area immediately adjacent to the LSP Park & Ride. But, as more and more people move to the area, parking will become an issue. But, to be honest, given the necessity to remember to move a car at least twice weekly (for street cleaning) I find that paying $57.50 is a much better solution: no risk of getting ticketed for forgetting to move a car, and better security (the park & ride lot has 24/7 security).

Posted on: 2014/12/16 19:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
I'll be buying them for the winter months, so I'll let you know how it goes when I purchase in a few days. Looking ahead, those who park on the street in the area will find parking harder as the new developments on Suydam and Monitor drop 150 new families in the neighborhood with limited on site parking will drive up competition.

Posted on: 2014/12/16 15:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Parking at the LSP Park & Ride is certainly available as a stand alone monthly pass. It costs $57.50 for a monthly pass (a steal! That's $50, plus the JC parking tax of 15%). You can buy the pass from the machines around the HBLR station.

Until recently, I used to think the monthly passes went on sale on the 20th, but then read in the NJT website that they actually go on sale on the 19th. As for what specific time, I don't have an answer. I would assume at the stroke of midnight.

You would be hard pressed to find a better, and cheaper, parking solution. Even for someone living downtown, this is a good solution if your car usage is sparse or sporadic.

Posted on: 2014/12/16 15:12

parking at Liberty State Park HBLR stop
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bay street
Group:
Registered Users
Would anyone know if it is possible to purchase just the monthly parking pass, without the HBLR monthly pass at this station? When do those parking permits go on sale each month? I am getting conflicting informaton, on the 20th, on the 19th? What time do they go on sale?
Thank you.

Posted on: 2014/12/16 14:16

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017