Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
57 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 57

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: St. Anthony High School Flea Market & Car Wash
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Asif wrote:

Bodhi all you had to do was ask how i came to my conclusion instead of sighting all those hypotheticals......which makes me to understand that you already believe that some how i wronged those upstanding young men.

It makes me not really want to answer your question....but here goes. And for your information, I won't reply to anything here after regarding this.

They said it themselves, out of their honest and truthful mouths. One went so far to relate how a week or two ago...he brought a ticket but had no intention of stamping it.......and a few stops later ...the fare inspectors boarded...he quickly ran out and stamped it. He went on and boasted how, "I ain't getting no ticket" over and over again.

My previous encounters with these boy scouts were the same. Although one of them did pick up an old ticket and stamped it many times hoping it would some how come back to life. See?! Never give up!

Bodhi isn't it funny how you didn't ask me how i knew they were football players? Did i make them do drills? Did i pull out a piece of paper and draw X's and O's and ask them what the pretty pictures meant?

I'll give you one more example. The other day 7 or 8 girls from Ferris were standing next to me on the platform having earlier emerged from Newport. They were screaming and harping and being as you surely would put it being "musical". One of them was hollering "Y all better get your tickets". At this point the train was 2 minutes away. Since the time of their emergence not one had bought a ticket at the machine nor stamped one. The leader of this angelic pack...warbled deafeningly, "I ain't buyin not tickets as she rudely jumped in front of me as the train pulled in and ran inside followed by the courteous herd" Could some of them had a pass? Sure. But that reality was quickly shattered....when they nervously looked about as we pulled into each station.......and some crowed that they were not getting no fine. Just to let u know how wonderful these angels were they took up the back of the car......and every time new passengers came they quickly retreated to another part of the train even though their were seats. Why? Because surely the notes coming from the mouths of these babes.........would make a cold heart break out in tears. Bless their kind hearts.

Oh i almost forgot. The leader of this band as the train was about to pull in had jumped down on the track and waited 5 or 6 seconds before jumping back up.....making the train driver screech his horn loudly as he was given the light to proceed into the station.

I have never defended people who ride the light rail without paying. Quite the opposite! I have railed in here and elsewhere about those people. And, you seem to think I think highly of the students that ride the light rail. Not necessarily true. In fact, I have always felt (and have expressed in here) that there should be more fare enforcement on the light rail, and increased security at the Newport Mall, to keep these hooligans and shenanigans at bay. Thank you for relating this story and the nonsense that you witnessed.

Posted on: 2014/10/10 20:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users

Bodhi all you had to do was ask how i came to my conclusion instead of sighting all those hypotheticals......which makes me to understand that you already believe that some how i wronged those upstanding young men.

It makes me not really want to answer your question....but here goes. And for your information, I won't reply to anything here after regarding this.

They said it themselves, out of their honest and truthful mouths. One went so far to relate how a week or two ago...he brought a ticket but had no intention of stamping it.......and a few stops later ...the fare inspectors boarded...he quickly ran out and stamped it. He went on and boasted how, "I ain't getting no ticket" over and over again.

My previous encounters with these boy scouts were the same. Although one of them did pick up an old ticket and stamped it many times hoping it would some how come back to life. See?! Never give up!

Bodhi isn't it funny how you didn't ask me how i knew they were football players? Did i make them do drills? Did i pull out a piece of paper and draw X's and O's and ask them what the pretty pictures meant?

I'll give you one more example. The other day 7 or 8 girls from Ferris were standing next to me on the platform having earlier emerged from Newport. They were screaming and harping and being as you surely would put it being "musical". One of them was hollering "Y all better get your tickets". At this point the train was 2 minutes away. Since the time of their emergence not one had bought a ticket at the machine nor stamped one. The leader of this angelic pack...warbled deafeningly, "I ain't buyin not tickets as she rudely jumped in front of me as the train pulled in and ran inside followed by the courteous herd" Could some of them had a pass? Sure. But that reality was quickly shattered....when they nervously looked about as we pulled into each station.......and some crowed that they were not getting no fine. Just to let u know how wonderful these angels were they took up the back of the car......and every time new passengers came they quickly retreated to another part of the train even though their were seats. Why? Because surely the notes coming from the mouths of these babes.........would make a cold heart break out in tears. Bless their kind hearts.

Oh i almost forgot. The leader of this band as the train was about to pull in had jumped down on the track and waited 5 or 6 seconds before jumping back up.....making the train driver screech his horn loudly as he was given the light to proceed into the station.

Posted on: 2014/10/10 19:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Asif wrote:

I wonder if St Anthony High School helps teach their kids basic manners.

Several times coming from work i have been met with loud, rude st. Anthony Football players on the light rail. And of course none of them paid for their tickets.

The only school kids worse are kids from METS Charter school...followed by Ferris and close behind Lincoln.

Aside from your observations about the kids being loud and rude, which I have no reason to doubt, how do you know that none of them pay for their tickets? Do you have x-ray vision that allowed you to determine they don't have a pass tucked into their book bags or wallets? Did you conduct a spot check of every single kid asking for their ticket or pass and found that none had one? I'm curious to hear the facts that led to your determination.

Posted on: 2014/10/10 11:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users

I wonder if St Anthony High School helps teach their kids basic manners.

Several times coming from work i have been met with loud, rude st. Anthony Football players on the light rail. And of course none of them paid for their tickets.

The only school kids worse are kids from METS Charter school...followed by Ferris and close behind Lincoln.

Posted on: 2014/10/9 19:22

St. Anthony High School Flea Market & Car Wash

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/12 14:32
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Saint Anthony High School is hosting a Car Wash & Flea Market to benefit the senior class.

[color=FF66CC][color=33FF66]Vendor tables can be purchased for $25
Let us know if you have any items you would like to donate.

The car wash is $6 (We will wash your bikes and scooters too!)

Date: Saturday, October 19th
Time: 9am - 2pm
Place: St. Anthony High School 175 Eighth Street, Jersey City

There will be music and food too!

For more information contact:
Diane Sears
searsd@stanthonyhighschool.org
Office: 201.653.5739 Cell: 973.953.9121

Posted on: 2014/10/9 14:19

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username: