Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Dangerous traffic situation at Center/Columbus and Montgomery… and other complaints
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
10/10/14 8:15 am ? No better two dopey cops just standing there waving all 3 lanes to on red. Kids and adults on 2 corners waiting to cross as the hundreds of cars go speeding down the rt 78 ramp right through the red lights care of the JCPD.

Sending an email into the local news stations ....those ?Shame shame on you? reporters. Maybe they will do a piece. Might even try 1010 WINS John Montone (SPU class of 1976) I am sure the kids standing on the corners and the drivers trying to get over to the left TP loop lane from Center Street will have plenty to say in his ?man on the (DANGEROUS) street? interview.

Maybe he can also ask the cops what they are thinking about when they see cars just stopped in the three lanes trying to get over. The cars from Center Street fighting their way over to the far left TP loop lane. Along with the cars coming down the rt 78 ramp in the left lane trying to get over to the 2 right Columbus lanes.

Posted on: 2014/10/10 20:42

Re: Dangerous traffic situation at Center/Columbus and Montgomery… and other complaints
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcman420 wrote:
There is a proposed Council ordinance to make all three lights at that intersection green at once and to release alligators along the Ferris High School faculty parking lot between the hours of 7 and 9 am.

Interesting proposal. It will surely stop the Ferris teachers from parking there and thus avoid their deadly game of Frogger trying to cross in the middle of the block. Thanks for the heads up. I will bring it up at tomorrow?s 7:30 am meeting at Mickey D?s . The teachers will be one less obstacle we have to look out for when executing our 3 lane blocking maneuver.

Posted on: 2014/10/6 20:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/28 15:24
Group:
Registered Users
There is a proposed Council ordinance to make all three lights at that intersection green at once and to release alligators along the Ferris High School faculty parking lot between the hours of 7 and 9 am.

Posted on: 2014/10/6 18:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Hey jcman420?Thunder Dome that is a great description of what is taking place.

For those of you who take the Thunder Dome especially the inexperienced drivers among us. We have a group of drivers who get together in the Colony Plaza Mc Donald?s at 7:30 in the morning to strategize our path through that days Thunder Dome. We are incorporating the teachings of that great Roller Derby skater Jean Schwarzwalder (AKA Suzy Hotrod) who was captain of the "Queens of Pain". Who was also MVP in 2006 and 2009, won 3 league titles, and named Best Double Threat in 2010 and 2011.

Each driver is assigned a job of Jammer or Blocker. Our goal is to hopefully get all of us over to the far left TP loop lane one at a time from Center Street. Having the last car in our caravan (the inexperienced drivers) hit the loop first thanks to the Jammers and Blockers who keep the hundreds of speeding ?out of towners? at bay. If you do want to join us please be advised that the last one who makes it to the TP loop is usually the first Blocker so that car may suffer a small bump or two besides countless middle finger salutes. (don?t worry we never let the new guy be ?that Blocker?.)

Oh yeah and no need to worry about referees the cop who stands on the corner is usually looking down at his cell phone so it is truly a free for all.

Posted on: 2014/10/6 16:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/28 15:24
Group:
Registered Users
This truly is a chaotic traffic situation which continues to this day. It's clear the city knows about it, but they have made the calculation that alleviating the traffic back-up both on Center St. and the Rt. 78 exit ramp takes priority. Traffic at that time is insanely busy, so they'd rather keep the heavy traffic flowing and let the merging cars battle it out in the Thunder Dome.

Posted on: 2014/10/6 15:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
It is incredible that no one does anything about this. Especially knowing school kids are crossing that intersection in the morning. I read that Mayor Fulop likes challenging and daring adventures like repelling down office buildings, serving in Iraq, Ironman Competitions, and swimming in the Hudson River.( ..and entering Hudson County politics.)

Hey Mayor Fulop ( and Councilwoman Osborne) how about taking a drive down Center Street in the morning around 8 am and try getting all the way over to the left lane TP loop. If you are into hair-raising adventures it will really get your blood flowing.

Posted on: 2014/10/6 15:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Keep hoping. It is official policy at many PDs to NOT hire very smart candidates. They are more likely to grow tired of the police life and leave. There was a recent lawsuit about it and the US Circuit Court in NY upheld the practice.

Hmmm interesting maybe the young cops aren't on the ball either. I just thought about another situation to add to my below post.

9/26/2014 Friday 8:00 am: The young I couldn't give two shii*s what was happening around me cop. Standing on the corner looking down playing with his cell phone. At least he wasn't letting cars go on red which is a good thing.

Quote:
Ok I see a pattern it depends on the cop. If he/she is smart or dumb looking.

9/24/2014 Weds 8:30 am: Old ruddy red faced cop letting all 3 lanes go red light or not. He was actually waving the cars forward and then turning around to look down Columbus. He had to see the drivers trying to get to the far left or right lanes missing each other by inches. Cars stop in the middle of the 3 lanes trying to get over!!

9/30/2014 Tues 8:00 am: Same stupid cop standing they letting all three lanes go.

So it seems no one in the JCPD or City Hall care about this dangerous mess. Calls to the non-emergency JCPD number, CITY HALL /RRS numbers do nothing. The sad thing is it is affecting mostly JC drivers trying to get onto the Turnpike from Center Street. Why do we have to put up with this shi* most mornings trying to get to work?

It is also a dangerous situation for the Ferris kids and teachers trying to cross the street. The moron cop is letting traffic go when the light is red the kids are just standing on the corner looking confused. I don?t know how the Ferris teachers who park under the rt 78 and cross in the middle of the block survive. Talk about an extreme game of Frogger.

Hey maybe the new cops that are being hired will be a smarter class of cops.

Posted on: 2014/9/30 16:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:

Keep hoping. It is official policy at many PDs to NOT hire very smart candidates. They are more likely to grow tired of the police life and leave.

There was a recent lawsuit about it and the US Circuit Court in NY upheld the practice.

Posted on: 2014/9/30 16:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Ok I see a pattern it depends on the cop. If he/she is smart or dumb looking.

9/24/2014 Weds 8:30 am: Old ruddy red faced cop letting all 3 lanes go red light or not. He was actually waving the cars forward and then turning around to look down Columbus. He had to see the drivers trying to get to the far left or right lanes missing each other by inches. Cars stop in the middle of the 3 lanes trying to get over!!

9/30/2014 Tues 8:00 am: Same stupid cop standing they letting all three lanes go.

So it seems no one in the JCPD or City Hall care about this dangerous mess. Calls to the non-emergency JCPD number, CITY HALL /RRS numbers do nothing. The sad thing is it is affecting mostly JC drivers trying to get onto the Turnpike from Center Street. Why do we have to put up with this shi* most mornings trying to get to work?

It is also a dangerous situation for the Ferris kids and teachers trying to cross the street. The moron cop is letting traffic go when the light is red the kids are just standing on the corner looking confused. I don?t know how the Ferris teachers who park under the rt 78 and cross in the middle of the block survive. Talk about an extreme game of Frogger.

Posted on: 2014/9/30 15:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Monday 9/22/2014: Same dangerous situation but today there were two cops instead of one directing all three lanes to go red light or not. It is unbelievable that this is happening.

I am getting in touch with my insurance company to let them know if I get into an accident at that intersection it is because of the traffic cops. I am also sending an email to NJ DOT to see if they can rectify the situation.

A friend of mine has a Dash Camera I plan on borrowing. I hope to get a few videos so I can send them into that show that plays the whacky Russian dash cam videos of close call accidents. Maybe I will win a prize.

It is sad that the JCPD care more about the 1000?s of out of town cars coming off of rt 78 into JC more that the residents of JC who use Center Street. God forbid the out of towners have to wait more than 5 minutes at a red light coming off of rt 78.

I have never had a bad thing to say about cops but the cops manning that intersection are just plain f***** stupid or blind.

Posted on: 2014/9/22 17:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

yourdogisbored wrote:
I just called the non-emergency number to complain about this very issue. I felt like I was being forced into a suicide mission this morning when I tried to get from the Center St lane over to the turnpike loop! A gypsy cab driver almost took off my front bumper trying to get off the turnpike ramp onto Columbus. It was nuts. I mentioned this thread to the woman who answered the non-emergency number so as to illustrate that I'm not crazy, but she seemed less than impressed, so I think it would help if more people call and complain. It's 201-547-5477.

Yeah it was the worst today. When I was there at 8:00 am a industrial garbage truck was trying to get all the way over to the far left lane he was coming from Center. I am amazed he didn't crush any cars. It was a madhouse and the cop just stood there BSing with the crossing guard.

They need to go back to what they were doing in May. Either let the lights do their job (rt 78 lanes stop when center st lane goes and vice versa) or have a TRAFFIC cop direct traffic extending the flow from either the rt 78 lanes or Center St lane as needed but NOT at the same time.

Posted on: 2014/9/15 18:50

Edited by neverleft on 2014/9/15 19:09:25

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/21 20:12
Group:
Registered Users
I just called the non-emergency number to complain about this very issue. I felt like I was being forced into a suicide mission this morning when I tried to get from the Center St lane over to the turnpike loop! A gypsy cab driver almost took off my front bumper trying to get off the turnpike ramp onto Columbus. It was nuts. I mentioned this thread to the woman who answered the non-emergency number so as to illustrate that I'm not crazy, but she seemed less than impressed, so I think it would help if more people call and complain. It's 201-547-5477.

Posted on: 2014/9/15 18:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Hmm maybe Steve Wilson was right about calling?.

Monday 9/15/14 8:00 am ? Dear diary what a mess today at the ?intersection? . The lone officer was letting all 3 lanes of traffic go at once. The 2 coming off of rt 78 and the 1 from Center Street. Because of him doing that ALL three lanes of Columbus were backed up solid across Montgomery.

Cars in the far left lane were trying to get over to one of the right two lanes to continue on Columbus. Cars and trucks coming off of Center were trying to get over to the far left lane to make the TP loop around. Horns galore.

It caused gridlock and actually blocked Montgomery so the up and down Montgomery traffic was also at a standstill. I wish I could have pulled out my cell phone to record it for YouTube but I would have gotten a ticket. Hmm maybe not if the cop didn't notice the mess or horns maybe I could have gotten one in.

This Bud?s for you ?intersection? officer.

Posted on: 2014/9/15 17:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/8 19:37
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
They need to redo that whole intersection. Letting people turn off the turnpike onto Montgomery would relieve a lot of traffic.

Posted on: 2014/9/11 17:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
I know this situation was ?fixed? days after I posted this back in May. (yes SteveWilson I heard through the grapevine they did read it) It was fine for months. I recently started using this route again and noticed the lone cop today (9/11/14 8:00 am) was letting all 3 lanes go.

A car in front of me from Center Street bearing left to get over to the TP loop missed a speeding bus coming off of rt 78 going straight towards Columbus by inches.

A five year old standing there could see how messed up this is.

Posted on: 2014/9/11 13:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
Call the police non-emergency number at 201-547-5477. They're not reading this crap. What's wrong with you?

Posted on: 2014/5/13 18:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
Wow. Sounds like a clusterxxxx. Hope no accidents occurred today.

I always take the 78 ramp route down and am amazed at how many people make the turn (illegally) onto Montgomery. And, yet, none of it is enforced so people continue to make the wrong right turn passing center and onto Montgomery. I wish the police were there to enforce rules but then again, they are too busy eating their donuts as usual.

Quote:

neverleft wrote:
If anyone from the city or JCPD is reading this. ?

At that intersection there are two lanes of traffic coming down the ramp off of rt 78. The hundreds of cars go straight across Montgomery veering to the right to continue into the two right only lanes on Columbus when the light turns green for them.

There is also the one Center Street lane next to the two rt 78 exit lanes. The majority of those drivers are going straight across Montgomery and veer to the left only lane on Columbus to the Merseles Street loop to get onto the rt 78 West ramp or up Montgomery. They are crossing over the two right only lanes on Columbus when the light turns green for them.

So the light is timed to let the two lanes off of rt 78 go and when they get the red the one lane of traffic on Center gets to go. Perfect flow of traffic.

The JCPD cop this morning (5/13/14) was signaling all three lanes to go, the two off of rt 78 and the one from Center Street even when one had a red light. It made it a dangerous situation for the cars on Center who were trying to get over into the left hand only lane fighting the hundreds of speeding out of town cars trying to get over to the right two lanes of Columbus. Cars were stopping in the middle of Columbus trying to get over. A accident waiting to happen. How could the cop not see (or hear) this problem??? Some cops get it right but this is about the 10th time I have seen the cops let all three lanes go.

Adding to the deadly mix are the Ferris teachers who park under rt 78 and walk across Columbus in the middle of the street.

Google Map > Center and Montgomery Jersey City< to see what I mean.

Other complaints ..the cop and civilian cars who pull over and park partially blocking traffic to bs with or bring coffee to the cops on traffic duty. Happens every day on Pacific, Grove and Center.

Posted on: 2014/5/13 17:09

Dangerous traffic situation at Center/Columbus and Montgomery… and other complaints
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
If anyone from the city or JCPD is reading this. ?

At that intersection there are two lanes of traffic coming down the ramp off of rt 78. The hundreds of cars go straight across Montgomery veering to the right to continue into the two right only lanes on Columbus when the light turns green for them.

There is also the one Center Street lane next to the two rt 78 exit lanes. The majority of those drivers are going straight across Montgomery and veer to the left only lane on Columbus to the Merseles Street loop to get onto the rt 78 West ramp or up Montgomery. They are crossing over the two right only lanes on Columbus when the light turns green for them.

So the light is timed to let the two lanes off of rt 78 go and when they get the red the one lane of traffic on Center gets to go. Perfect flow of traffic.

The JCPD cop this morning (5/13/14) was signaling all three lanes to go, the two off of rt 78 and the one from Center Street even when one had a red light. It made it a dangerous situation for the cars on Center who were trying to get over into the left hand only lane fighting the hundreds of speeding out of town cars trying to get over to the right two lanes of Columbus. Cars were stopping in the middle of Columbus trying to get over. A accident waiting to happen. How could the cop not see (or hear) this problem??? Some cops get it right but this is about the 10th time I have seen the cops let all three lanes go.

Adding to the deadly mix are the Ferris teachers who park under rt 78 and walk across Columbus in the middle of the street.

Google Map > Center and Montgomery Jersey City< to see what I mean.

Other complaints ..the cop and civilian cars who pull over and park partially blocking traffic to bs with or bring coffee to the cops on traffic duty. Happens every day on Pacific, Grove and Center.

Posted on: 2014/5/13 16:03

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017