Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: King Szechuan Palace in the Heights- not your usual takeout
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

sepecat wrote:
I tried this place two times and its okay. I tried their duck fried rice (okay, nothing special) Singapore Chow Fun (good) , Chicken wings with chicken fried rice (small wings and okay rice), shrimp with broccoli (very small portions) . and chicken double cooked style (lot of sauce not enough chicken).

If anyone plans ordering from here make sure you call them and place the order. The online prices are on the higher end.

Most of what you ordered was Cantonese, not Szechuan. I wouldn't expect it to be their strong suit.

Posted on: 2014/3/14 16:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I tried this place two times and its okay. I tried their duck fried rice (okay, nothing special) Singapore Chow Fun (good) , Chicken wings with chicken fried rice (small wings and okay rice), shrimp with broccoli (very small portions) . and chicken double cooked style (lot of sauce not enough chicken).

If anyone plans ordering from here make sure you call them and place the order. The online prices are on the higher end.

Posted on: 2014/3/14 16:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/22 21:14
Group:
Registered Users
thanks will definitely check out.

Posted on: 2014/3/14 15:28

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/28 21:45
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
This has become my go-to place for Chinese food-they're friendly, the Yelp reviews can point you to their interesting dishes,and they execute my husband's regular request (Chicken and Broccoli) very well. Thanks for the head's up!

Delivery is pretty fast, it's something like a 10 to 12 minimum with a $1 delivery fee.

(ETA: My delivery location is in the Heights)

Posted on: 2014/3/14 15:10

Edited by malorytowers on 2014/3/14 15:32:12

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/4/24 22:03
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for posting - excited to check it out.

Posted on: 2014/1/27 11:32

King Szechuan Palace in the Heights- not your usual takeout
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Wanted to give this place a shout out, people often complain the Heights is underserved with unique restaurants, and over served with pizza and latino food. King Szechuan Palace is like a low rent Grand Szechuan on a hidden corner near the Reservoir.

I had an amazing "lunch special" yesterday of Double Cooked Pork at this little place at the corner of Reservoir and Lineau Pl. For the usual $6.25 with a soda I got a dish of texture, intensity and pungency I had rarely eaten before, and never at a little 4 table takeout place. I'm so used to the chinese food almost anywhere outside of a chinatown being reduced to a bland "one size fits all". Not here. I've had several other great dishes also like Kung Pao Chicken and 3 pepper chicken.

The only downside of this small place whose menu has a "Szechuan" side and an "American Chinese" side, is that the authentic meat dishes have very little veggies in them if you're more used to Cantonese styles. That's fine when you're ordering a group feast and get a variety of meat and veggie dishes, a little sad when lunch is just meat and rice. But I guess it's worth it if you like spicy food.

http://kingszechuanjerseycity.com/

Posted on: 2014/1/26 18:23

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017