Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Idea for cleaner streets and saving JCPA money
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Or we could just change the whole system to have street cleaning only once per week. NYC has changed to once per week for most of the city already. There's absolutely no need to clean each side of the street this often, especially since the cleaners don't do anything at all. Everybody knows it's a scam by the JCPA to get ticket revenue at our expense. I've been meaning to write up a letter about it to the council and mayor, but I don't know how much traction it would have.

Don't forget - it's a jobs program too! Gotta keep those patronage mills turning. Hopefully Fulop will wise up to some of this nonsense.

Posted on: 2013/8/28 17:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Or we could just change the whole system to have street cleaning only once per week. NYC has changed to once per week for most of the city already. There's absolutely no need to clean each side of the street this often, especially since the cleaners don't do anything at all. Everybody knows it's a scam by the JCPA to get ticket revenue at our expense. I've been meaning to write up a letter about it to the council and mayor, but I don't know how much traction it would have.

Posted on: 2013/8/28 17:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
With regards to that JCPA honking "courtesy"... I find the practice to be completely irrational and unwarranted. Courtesy? What about people who work evenings and need to sleep until later in the morning? Many a time I have been woken up by these absurdly loud honks, and I find them to be very annoying. Why should irresponsible/clueless residents get a "courtesy honk" to the detriment of the rest of the citizens on his/her block??

You want to increase and fix the municipal budget? Stop the damn JCPA honking and start issuing tickets for cars that haven't been moved to comply with the posted cleaning times! After a while, people will learn to wake up on time and move their cars, or make necessary adjustments.

Posted on: 2013/8/28 17:39

Idea for cleaner streets and saving JCPA money
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I was watching the usual dance down the street of a JCPA 3-wheel and a streetcleaner, and thinking,"this is insane that the whole thing just stops while they issue a ticket". Imagine if it didn't, they'd move twice as fast, we'd get cleaner streets because the cleaners would have more actual cleaning time, and the JCPA would have time freed to enforce parking regs elsewhere. What if we got rid of the JCPA vehicle, and every street sweeper was issued a <$300 digital camera with a timestamp & GPS tagging? Car in the way? Driver pops a shot of the car's rear so you get the plate and surroundings and move on, then a JCPA deskjockey goes through the shots later issuing the tickets, similar to how the traffic cams are worked. That desk worker would have tremendously higher productivity than the scooter driver. No layoffs needed, just reassign those JCPA officers to the many areas that need more enforcement. In the previous administration I would not have thought something like this could be done since efficiency and tech friendlyness was nowhere to be found or even valued. But now is the time for new ideas. This could be done with virtually no development costs. The cams are off the shelf, as is the software to read the image and GPS tag. Sure it could be made slicker with the photo available online as are the traffic cams, but it's not absolutely required, the JCPA can issue tickets now on eyeball evidence that is actually less documented. If you want to fight it then they could provide the pic and location data to you. I imagine it would be hard to fight, there's the car at that time and place. The only losers I see are the people who like to leave their cars on the wrong side till they hear the JPCA honking, and I think that's a courtesy, not a right. Is it too simple? No ways for the politically connected to turn it into a cash cow for themselves?

Posted on: 2013/8/28 17:27

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017