Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 145

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Mike Tyson and Jersey City council candidate serve up meals to seniors
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/5/17 15:38
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Mike has long-standing ties to Jersey City, specifically with the Ringside Lounge on Tonnelle Ave, where he trained at times in his career. He keeps his racing pigeon coop on the roof there. You can see it up there when you drive by.

http://animal.discovery.com/tv-shows/ ... aking-on-tyson-videos.htm

Posted on: 2013/6/11 12:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/23 20:19
From York & Grove
Group:
Banned
because outside that 1 crime (other then his childhood crimes), which is very debatable to begin with as he had no defense team, he would somehow be harming you knowing that he lived near by? Maybe watch his documentary or something. The guy had genuinely attempted to rebuild his image.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 11:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Oy. Please tell me that he does not live in this area at all. Please tell me that he is still a full-time resident of Nevada, because I don't think I'd like to be around this convicted violent felon, however friendly he might be.

ummmm not sure what world you are living in but this is JC were there is a sex offender, felon, drug dealer, purse snatchers, stick up kids, and wanna be gangster living among us through out this city. Get real.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 11:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Oy. Please tell me that he does not live in this area at all. Please tell me that he is still a full-time resident of Nevada, because I don't think I'd like to be around this convicted violent felon, however friendly he might be.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 2:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I'm still waiting for some baby kissing photos from a candidate.

Posted on: 2013/6/10 22:27
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Mike Tyson and Jersey City council candidate serve up meals to seniors
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Alexander W. Silady/The Jersey Journal

Former heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson made a surprise appearance at a senior center on 28 Paterson St. this afternoon to serve up hamburgers to seniors.

The event was a campaign stop for Assemblyman Sean Connors, who is running on Mayor-elect Steven Fulop's slate for councilman in the Jersey City Heights. Connors is in a runoff election tomorrow with Heights businessman Michael Yun.

Tyson showed up, he said, because he was invited to tag along by his close friend Mario Costa, the owner of the Ringside Lounge and the White Mana restaurant, both located on Tonnelle Avenue. Tyson keeps his pet pigeons at the Ringside.

"I was in New York last night and Mario said he was going to be cooking burgers and fries, and since he is a friend I came to help him spread the love," Tyson said.

Resized Image

"Senior citizens are an integral part of our community, so it was great to be able to reach out to them," Connors said.

Tyson posed for photos and signed autographs for the Jersey City senior citizens after the meal.

"I did not know 'Iron Mike' would be so good with an iron frying pan," joked one of the seniors present.

On his Tony Awards appearance on Sunday night that had him as the butt of jokes by host Neil Patrick Harris, Tyson said "I wish he had joked about me even more. I thought it was all funny, and Neil is a good guy."

Posted on: 2013/6/10 21:16

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017