Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
157 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 157

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Kitchen sink - where to buy?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/31 18:01
From In your dreams
Group:
Registered Users
Home Depot and Lowes are my stores. Love them. I can definitely go for broke in them. Put me in one of them and I'm a happy woman.
I have the double stainless steel under the counter sink. It's great.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 19:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
4/15 15:15
Group:
Registered Users
I am partial to stainless because you can abuse the hell out of it and still clean it. All my units are equipped with basic stainless steel sinks. Haven't had to replace one yet, even after having a tenant that had stuff basically rusting away in the sink (they were not into doing dishes much). A good cleanser will polish them up as good as new.

I would take a trip to Economy Supply in Harrison (off of Harrison Ave.) to get an idea of what is out there and what you might want.

If I ever get the $$$$ to build a real kitchen (vs. the temporary and crappy one.. as my wife constantly reminds me of it being so) I would do an under-counter sink, as they make wiping down the counter easier. Plus, you can install dish drop channels into the counter so any wet pots you stack on the counter will drip / drain back into the sink.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 18:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
Ah Brewster, wasn't aware that I could customize the metal / thickness for the sink. i'll do some googling to find out more details.

Can you share where you ordered yours from? thanks.

Quote:

brewster wrote:
Depends on if you have special needs, or a generic sink will do. I buy plenty of stainless sinks for rentals at HD, but for my own I mail ordered the configuration and thickness of metal I wanted. The sky really is the limit in this market, you can pay $80, or thousands.

Personally, I wouldn't get an enameled sink, chips suck, and I don't believe any are made of aluminum. But some people want color rather than stainless steel, so whatever.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 17:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Depends on if you have special needs, or a generic sink will do. I buy plenty of stainless sinks for rentals at HD, but for my own I mail ordered the configuration and thickness of metal I wanted. The sky really is the limit in this market, you can pay $80, or thousands.

Personally, I wouldn't get an enameled sink, chips suck, and I don't believe any are made of aluminum. But some people want color rather than stainless steel, so whatever.

Posted on: 2013/4/30 23:13

Kitchen sink - where to buy?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
Where would be a good place to buy a replacement kitchen sink? Is Home depot / Lowes still the best place (quality and price)?

Also, we currently have a cast iron sink that's rusting away (the reason for replacement). Is it better to get a aluminium / metal sink - will it last longer?

TIA.

Posted on: 2013/4/30 17:23

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017