Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Zoning Board Meeting TODAY
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/12 14:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

asny10011 wrote:
I think if development is for improving unslightly buildings and bringing more interesting retail and conveniences, i'm ok with that. Most people don't drive so i don't know if parking is essential, if it is, i'm sure the developer has made plans for it already. I think they should be allowed to build as long as it maintains the consistent feel/style and height of contiguous buildings.

What they are changing is the height, from 2/3 story to 5.

Posted on: 2013/3/21 21:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
A few things:

1) I wouldn't call a 5-story building a tower.

2) Owning and parking a vehicle is not essential to these new developments. There will be less and less emphasis on the car, which is how it should be. How many people do you know in downtown JC that drive on the regular? As Downtown gets more dense, the lack of parking will be (and already is) a deterrent to owning a car (see Manhattan and brownstone Brooklyn), and eventually the (ideal) effect is that more resources will be invested into our public transit systems.

3) JerseyAveGirl, where did you see the plans? Who is the developer, and are there any renderings yet?

Posted on: 2013/3/21 21:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
I think if development is for improving unslightly buildings and bringing more interesting retail and conveniences, i'm ok with that. Most people don't drive so i don't know if parking is essential, if it is, i'm sure the developer has made plans for it already. I think they should be allowed to build as long as it maintains the consistent feel/style and height of contiguous buildings.

Posted on: 2013/3/21 20:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
Unfortunately, this city doesn't care about existing zoning laws. Just look at what happened in the Powerhouse Arts Disctrict. They will break the law for the highest bidder, despite the outcry from the local residents. In the end, your opinion doesn't mean a thing. Sucks.

Posted on: 2013/3/21 20:50

Zoning Board Meeting TODAY
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/12 14:04
Group:
Registered Users
There is a request to change the zoning of the old hardware store on Jersey Avenue that was recently demolished. The current zoning allows the developer only to build up on the current location of the shop, the request is to build up to 5 stories on the entire lot (including old loading doc). I currently do not believe we need another new tower, especially with no planned parking (none that i saw in the plan). If you have any other qualms please share or come to the meeting at 6:30 PM at City Hall int he Council Chambers.

Posted on: 2013/3/21 20:44

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017