Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: WE WANT THE TRUTH ABOUT OUR SEWERS & STORM DRAINS MR. MAYOR
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I hear you Brewster, our sewer system has been a basket-case since the dawn of time with no elected Mayor prepared to fix the problem and invest our taxes in one project..
Maybe we should get volunteers to fix the sewers - we could recruit the 400 odd that cleaned up Liberty State Park with Texel Texas leading the way !

Posted on: 2012/11/18 21:22
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
15 years ago when I made a stink about 7th St and they came with a camera, they said the puny 18" brick sewer was 3/4 filled in with sediment, and they cleaned it out though it didn't really help the flooding. The MUA is totally reactive, they don't appear to have EVER had a regular maintenance schedule of their domain.

Posted on: 2012/11/18 18:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
@jmiz I fully realize that Hurricane Sandy was a one-off but what about the countless smaller storms that flood basements year after year? To think that properly cleared storm drains/sewers would not have helped in many of those cases is ridiculous.

My beef is that it seems the MUA is not even doing the regular scheduled maintenance of these storm and sewer structures. 20 years to clear a short section of road is 100% unacceptable.

So again, under Jerry's watch, the nepotistic entities involved showed an utter lack of knowledge and forethought.

There has to be some accountabilty.

Posted on: 2012/11/18 17:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/22 1:46
Group:
Registered Users
A clean storm drain wouldn't have helped you one bit during Sandy.

Posted on: 2012/11/18 17:05

WE WANT THE TRUTH ABOUT OUR SEWERS & STORM DRAINS MR. MAYOR
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
In light of Hurricane Irene and now Hurricane Sandy I think I speak for most JC residents when it comes to our disdain and utter contept for our horrible, outdated underground infrastructure.

Case in point, last summer on my frequent trips to the W Cafe I had the opportunity to talk to the guys from either the JCMUA or the JCDPW (can't recall the entity) about the sewer dredging they were doing on Bay St. between Marin Blvd. and Provost St. These guys were dredging this short section for over a month! One of the guys said it hadn't been dredged in probably 20 years.

The heavy iron bucket that you can see in some of the photos brought up truck load after truck load of mud and debris.

So, that begs the question Mr. Mayor: Why did it take around 20 years to dredge an area that is so heavily apt to flood and are there other sewers and storm drains in JC that are in the same condition?

I think we all know the answer and also know that you and Jennifer Morrill (JC PR) will keep us in the dark on this very serious topic.

"Out of site and out of mind Jerry"

Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image

Posted on: 2012/11/18 15:15

Edited by 81905 on 2012/11/18 15:33:49

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username: