Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Political Survey Call
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
I NEVER answer any phone survey. You never quite know what you are being surveyed about. Questions are convoluted & the results skewed. I simply say, "I am sorry, I do not answer questions over the phone but if you send my your survey on your letterhead, I will be happy to respond". They usually hang up.

In fact, I'm not so sure that they don't put down what they want if you do not participate.

Posted on: 2012/10/8 15:33

Re: Political Survey Call
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
It's a push poll - where you "test messaging", usually by making stuff up. The Bush push poll on McCain in South Carolina in 2000 is the most notorious example: "Would you be more or less likely to vote for John McCain if you knew he'd fathered a black child in Vietnam?"

I got the call, too. I guess that's where we are. The mayor has no accomplishments so he's going to lie about and distort Fulop's record in order to try to drag him down to his own level.

Posted on: 2012/10/8 2:56

Political Survey Call
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/10 21:47
From Erie Street
Group:
Registered Users
We just received our second survey call from "Universal Studies" asking questions about the upcoming 2013 mayoral election. It was by far the shadiest survey call my wife and I have ever received. Both surveys, one she answered a few weeks ago, and one I answered tonight were so pro-Healy, anti-Fulop that I had to write about it here. Both calls were stopped short and we both questioned the validity of the call and the survey. My wife was hung up on and my person had no answers. Anyone else get one of these? It was really odd.

Posted on: 2012/10/8 0:56

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017