Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
79 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 79

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Arsonist destroys playground in Lincoln Park in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
that's really messed up

Posted on: 2012/3/2 22:00

Re: Arsonist destroys playground in Lincoln Park in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
How... ridiculous. Hope they catch the guy. Any word if they're going to immediately rebuild it with the warm months coming up ahead?

Posted on: 2012/3/2 21:11

Arsonist destroys playground in Lincoln Park in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
In what one Hudson County official is calling the work of a ?sick? arsonist, a playground at Lincoln Park in Jersey City was lit up in flames early Tuesday.
?The damage indicates that someone poured gasoline all over the playground equipment and set it on fire,? Freeholder William O?Dea said of the fire at the playground located at the south end of Lincoln Park, near the Olean Avenue entrance.
?What kind of sick individual wants to destroy play equipment used by children??
Hudson County Sheriff?s Department spokesman Michael Makarski said the cause of the blaze remains under investigation.
A commuter getting off a Light Rail train at the West Side Avenue Station at 12:39 a.m. reported the fire, he said.
The fire engulfed the jungle gym in the playground, which also has slides and swings and was recently renovated with state Green Acres funding, officials said.
County officials have fenced off the area and wrapped the steel climbing frame and melted plastic slide in yellow caution tape.
The cost of the damage has not been determined as yet, a county spokesman said.
?I think it is terrible that someone could do that, especially in a playground,? said Sean Hudson, 36, who works with youth and was visiting the park yesterday with a child.
Residents who live near the playground said vandalism is an unusual occurrence in the park.
?I have lived here for 34 years,? said Harold Bradshaw, 70, of Olean Avenue, whose house is close to the park. ?We have never had that kind of vandalism in the park before.?
http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... estroys_playground_i.html

Posted on: 2012/3/2 17:02

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017