Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
163 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 163

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: First Night Jersey City
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/30 17:43
Group:
Registered Users
Awesome will do. That is probably part of the difference. Downtown is really a series of sub-neighborhoods, which thanks to the geniuses that widened Grand and Columbus even further contributes to this disparity.

Paulus Hook, Groove, Hamilton Park, VVP, all see a bit isolated from each-other.

Will definitely check out the 4th street fest.

Posted on: 2011/4/4 11:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCProducer wrote:
I can't say why, but it does not feel the same. Maybe its scale. All those events feel like there is 10% of the downtown community participating. The same people. Something is missing. I can't quite define it. But those events lack something.

Like the arts and music fest in HBK for all its nonsense, creates a sense of community like people truly care. I have never seen that in a JC event. Its like its the same 5 people, banging their heads against a wall.

Maybe Fulop as mayor would change things. But our citizenry lacks passion to really drive things forward.
check out the next 4th St Arts event. Something like 700 people showed up for the Chili Cook-Off, which had about a dozen restaurants and another dozen individuals competing.

Posted on: 2011/4/4 4:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCProducer wrote:
I can't say why, but it does not feel the same. Maybe its scale. All those events feel like there is 10% of the downtown community participating. The same people. Something is missing. I can't quite define it. But those events lack something.
Like the arts and music fest in HBK for all its nonsense, creates a sense of community like people truly care. I have never seen that in a JC event. Its like its the same 5 people, banging their heads against a wall.
Maybe Fulop as mayor would change things. But our citizenry lacks passion to really drive things forward.

I know exactly what you are saying. J.C. is a diverse community with it's individual pockets. Unless it's taxes, parking, or politics we don't have a uniformity such as Hoboken has. The Arts and music fest seems to draw folks from the same cut of cloth which is practically the whole town. Jersey City used to be like this years ago but not anymore. Go to "you know you're a J.C old timer if you remember" section of J.C. list you'll see what I mean. There is even a gut on there stating his fond memory is when this forum only catered to the Downtown folks. It's a big city with a lot of different interest...but only one truck for pot hole filling.

Posted on: 2011/4/3 23:54

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/4/3 22:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Groove on Grove, JC Fridays, Restaurant Week, Creative Grove, etc etc. Not really sure what you're asking for here.

Posted on: 2011/4/3 19:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/22 1:46
Group:
Registered Users
Didn't Groove on Grove somewhat accomplish this indirectly?

Posted on: 2011/4/3 4:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/8 14:56
Group:
Banned
does sound like a good idea. maybe you should start it this summer since we have still 2 months. Maybe you should get in contact with the restaurants and food trucks to see if anyone is willing to do it. It would be nice to have something like this every weekend for people to STAY IN JC

Posted on: 2011/4/3 3:44

First Night Jersey City
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Asbury Park does it the first saturday of every month. Its a good time and brings local people to local restaurants, shops and galleries.

Seems like something like this would benefit downtown local merchants.

Also, we should take one of the empty park lots downtown and turn it into a trailer park for food trucks and local merchants on saturday's in the summer.

Maybe I just want a slice of Austin.

Just sayin'

Posted on: 2011/4/2 14:46

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017