Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
154 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 154

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Alfonso - Homeless in JSQ needs a motorized wheelchair & cane
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Trying to follow this thread makes me dizzy. It's like watching a movie through a badly focused projector while a loud conversation goes on behind me.

Posted on: 2010/9/3 18:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 19:33
Group:
Registered Users
At last, Alfonso found a room yesterday and moved in Academy St. Thanks a lot for all the people who supported this effort...

-1 HOMELESS !!!

Posted on: 2010/9/3 18:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

riazw wrote:
OK.. I have given the update on this to the volunteer; in the web, the following is the address:

Medicaid District Office
(201) 217-7100
438 Summit Ave Ste 6
Jersey City, NJ 07306

The volunteer will inquire and take care of it.. thanks

Yes, that is the District Office only. ALL intake to apply for Hudson County Medicaid OR to make changes such as new address, lost medicaid card, etc, are done at this address:

Hudson County Medicaid
257 Cornelison Ave.
Jersey City, NJ 07302
(201) 420-3000

See this link: Applying for Medicaid in New Jersey

Where can I apply for Medicaid?

In New Jersey, you must apply for Medicaid through your county board of social services, often called the ?county welfare agency.?
First, you may want to use NJHelps, the state?s self-screening tool online to look at eligibility for many of the state?s assistance programs. You can also get information about Medicaid at the state?s official Web site.

However, you should still meet in person with a Medicaid worker, who should ask you about the help you need. The worker will evaluate you for all types of Medicaid and other assistance programs. Always call your county board of social services to ask for an appointment to apply for Medicaid and to check the address of the office taking Medicaid applications. In some cities and towns, the offices to apply for Medicaid, food stamps, cash assistance, and other help may be in different buildings and locations.

Some New Jersey hospitals and Federally Qualified Health Centers have ?outstation? workers who will process a shorter form of the Medicaid application for pregnant women and children. If you are not eligible for Medicaid because of your immigration status, please read Emergency Medicaid for Immigrants for information about Medicaid coverage for medical emergencies, including labor and delivery.

You have the right to an interpreter if you speak a language other than English, and you have the right to bring someone with you to help you with the application or to represent you during the application process. If you are bedridden, you may request that a Medicaid caseworker come to your home to take your application.

What proof do I have to show when I apply?

You must show proof of identity, residency, household income and, for some Medicaid programs, proof of disability and amount of resources. (Note: The home you reside in is not counted as a resource for Medicaid eligibility.) You also must show proof of citizenship status and provide your Social Security number. Household members who are not applying for Medicaid, including parents of children, do not have to furnish their Social Security numbers.

How long does it take?

Medicaid must process your application within a reasonable amount of time and give you a written explanation if there is a delay. You also have a right to a copy of your completed application if you ask for it. If you are determined eligible for Medicaid and you have unpaid medical bills from the three-month period immediately before the month of your Medicaid application, the State will pay for those services if you were eligible for Medicaid at the time of the service. This is called ?retroactive eligibility,? and you must apply for this coverage within six months of the date of your Medicaid application.

What if Medicaid decides that I?m not eligible?

Medicaid must give you a written denial that describes the legal basis for Medicaid?s decision. This document must also inform you of your right to appeal this decision by requesting a fair hearing before an administrative law judge within 20 days of the date of the written denial. If you ask for a fair hearing, you have the right to see your case file, review the Medicaid manual that Medicaid used to make their decision, submit evidence, and bring witnesses to the fair hearing. You also have the right to hire legal counsel or to ask for free legal help from your regional Legal Services office if you are eligible for their assistance. You also have the right to appeal the judge?s decision if you do not agree with it.

Where can I get legal help if Medicaid denies me?

If you need legal help, you may contact your regional Legal Services office or the Legal Services of New Jersey statewide Hotline (1-888-576-5529) for free legal assistance. You will receive a referral if you are not eligible for help from Legal Services.

New Jersey County Boards of Social Services
Counties

Posted on: 2010/7/4 21:45
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
OK.. I have given the update on this to the volunteer; in the web, the following is the address:

Medicaid District Office
(201) 217-7100
438 Summit Ave Ste 6
Jersey City, NJ 07306

The volunteer will inquire and take care of it.. thanks

Posted on: 2010/7/4 14:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Tino wrote:
Why MUST we get him a motorized wheelchair if a cane will suffice? Seems a bit excessive.

Jesus H Christ you people are horrible. So glad I'm not a Republican.

Posted on: 2010/7/4 8:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

riazw wrote:
I met him today morning at JSQ. he agreed to be on JSQ on tuesday at 8am. One of the volunteers agreed to take him to 438 Summit Ave on Tuesday at 8am. Let us see hope for good...

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. 438 summit ave is NOT where Medicaid is located! that is Donald Wiggins office and he will not be able to help Alfonso. Alfonso and volunteer MUST go to Medicaid office, fill out intake forms to get his wheelchair. I said to mention to intake supervisor that Donald Wiggines, Director of MACC said to take his po box as his address for Medicaid problems and IF you had a problem to drop his name/title/office. If Alfonso has lost his Medicaid card he must get another, and get his Medicaid id # to get a wheel chair.

Posted on: 2010/7/4 3:19
Resized Image

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I met him today morning at JSQ. he agreed to be on JSQ on tuesday at 8am. One of the volunteers agreed to take him to 438 Summit Ave on Tuesday at 8am. Let us see hope for good...

Posted on: 2010/7/3 17:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I met Alfonso today evening, he told me that he did file a police report about his lost wheel chair; He lost his medicaid card; I need to organize some one to take him to execute your suggestion; it is not easy to catch these guys at 8am in the square; it all depends on how their previous night goes for them... Will keep posted...

Posted on: 2010/7/3 3:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

riazw wrote:
He can charge during the day time at 880 Bergen Ave, Hudson County Self Help Center... Store? It is going to be wit him 24 hours; we need to make sure that no one steals it again from him...

read my post in this thread on how to get motorized wheel chair from medicaid. i gave you all info now you just need to execute.

Posted on: 2010/7/3 2:54
Resized Image

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
He can charge during the day time at 880 Bergen Ave, Hudson County Self Help Center... Store? It is going to be wit him 24 hours; we need to make sure that no one steals it again from him...

Posted on: 2010/7/2 19:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
if he's homeless, where is he going to store and charge the wheelchair?

Posted on: 2010/7/2 17:37

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/30 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
This guys one hand doesn't work so he can't use a manual chair.

Posted on: 2010/7/2 15:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
i see regular wheelchairs laying in the trash all the time...

surprised they haven't figure out a way to turn one of those stray bj's carts into a wheelchair.

Posted on: 2010/7/2 5:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcnight wrote:
Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:
Quote:

Tino wrote:
Why MUST we get him a motorized wheelchair if a cane will suffice? Seems a bit excessive.

The guy is seriously, physically impaired. At best a cane allows him only to barely walk. However, he should also qualify for both medicaid and medicare and I suggest the poster take him to the Social Security bldg. across from White Castle where they could do intake to process him for Medicare and he will definitely qualify for a motorized wheelchair.

How can someone qualify for medicare/medicaide with out an address? It's the major set back for most homeless people

I was waiting to hear back from Donald Wiggins, before I answered this thread.

Mr. Wiggins is the Director of Hudson MACC (Medicaid Assistance Customer Center), which are established by NJ Medicaid to provide assistance by each county. I have worked with Mr. Wiggins when I needed his intervention and always been satisfied.

Don told me that if you will take him to the Medicaid Office, get there when they open at 8 AM, act as his aide in the intake process, and you can either provide a post office box address or an address of your own as c/o, you can qualify this gentleman for Medicaid. Tell them what I tell you here that Donald Wiggins, Director of Hudson MACC said to take intake on him and should the intake person have questions about who he is, ask to speak to the supervisor and inform him/her of what I've told you here. After he is approved for Medicaid he can get a wheelchair, whether manual or motorized.

Here is Mr. Wiggins contact info:

Director of Hudson MACC
438 Summit Ave
6th Floor
Jersey City, NJ 07306-3186
(201) 217-7110 -don-direct
Donald.Wiggins@dhs.state.nj.us
6th Floor
Jersey City, NJ 07306-3186

Posted on: 2010/7/2 3:11
Resized Image

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Councilwoman Nydia Lopez came to JSQ PATH station fountain and donated a CANE to him today around 6pm. Alfonso was not there but his friend took it. Thank you very much Councilwoman. We have some leads to get him a powered wheelchair.

Posted on: 2010/7/2 2:09

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I met him today evening, an officer from Port Authority saw the request on-line and told him that they will look in to donate one... let us see...

Posted on: 2010/6/29 23:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 11:11
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:
Quote:

Tino wrote:

The guy is seriously, physically impaired. At best a cane allows him only to barely walk. However, he should also qualify for both medicaid and medicare and I suggest the poster take him to the Social Security bldg. across from White Castle where they could do intake to process him for Medicare and he will definitely qualify for a motorized wheelchair.

How can someone qualify for medicare/medicaide with out an address? It's the major set back for most homeless people

Posted on: 2010/6/29 15:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Is Alfonso the guy on the right or the guy on the left?

Posted on: 2010/6/29 14:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Try Freecycle. I've seen people giving away canes and wheelchairs. Maybe also try the Freecycles for Essex County, Bergen County, NYC, etc.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/freecycle-hudsoncounty-nj/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/freecycle-hoboken/

Posted on: 2010/6/28 23:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I met him today evening and suggested him to get a medical prescription again; Medical supply store people told me that he is not eligible to get another one since the government programs give one for every five years; we need to work on it;

Posted on: 2010/6/28 22:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Tino wrote:

Posted on: 2010/6/28 17:31
Resized Image

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/10 23:12
From Henderson Yards
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/6/28 16:56

Alfonso - Homeless in JSQ needs a motorized wheelchair & cane
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Met with Alfonso yesterday (last Sunday of every month we give food/fruit bags/clothes to homeless in jsq); Alfonso's wheel chair got stolen last year; he is now looking for at least a CANE; we MUST get him a motorized wheelchair; I called Mayor's Action Bureau, they gave me a number 201-547-6800 (humane services) to call. They told me to leave a message to Chuck C, Advocate for Disabled; I did so... Please help Alfonso (see attached picture)...

http://tinyurl.com/2bwb32f

You can find him in Journal Square area (near the fountain)...

Posted on: 2010/6/28 16:43

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017