Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Chiappone Pleads Guilty - Will resign Assembly Seat
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/3 6:32
Group:
Registered Users
You should be more amazed with the people that voted for him, along with Manior and Cunningham that supported him.
Wake up people and stop voting for HCDO candidates..they are crooks.

Posted on: 2010/6/27 3:55

Re: Chiappone Pleads Guilty - Will resign Assembly Seat
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/19 0:53
Group:
Registered Users
This bum ran for Mayor the whole time knowing that he was guilty of this.It just amazes me what nerve these HCDO candidates have.Wonder what crook will get the spot now.

Posted on: 2010/6/25 21:56

Chiappone Pleads Guilty - Will resign Assembly Seat
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Interesting - they ultimately got him for filing false campaign contribution reports. Vega and Healy have done the same. Why isn't this pursued with them?

Anthony Chiappone's guilty plea draws shock and sympathy from Bayonne pols
Published: Friday, June 25, 2010, 2:42 PM Updated: Friday, June 25, 2010, 2:44 PM
Amy Sara Clark/The Jersey Journal Amy Sara Clark/The Jersey Journal

Bayonne politicians reacted to Assemblyman Anthony Chiaponne's admission that he filed false campaign reports with a mixture of shock, disappointment, sympathy, and a touch of resentment.

Chiappone, 52, pleaded guilty to a third-degree charge of tampering with public records by filing false campaign finance reports with the Election Law Enforcement Commission.

"I am so shocked," said Bayonne Assemblyman Charles Mainor, "because he led me to believe that he was really innocent and I was really hoping that things would turn out in his favor."

Chiappone admitted to certifying false election reports for his 2005 Assembly campaign fund. He said the reports failed to report five state-issued paychecks to a legislative aide totaling $3,233.63. The campaign contributions exceed the individual contribution limit of $2,600.

"I am saddened that Tony did such a wrong and foolish thing," said Jersey City Assemblywoman Joan Quigley in an e-mail message. "I can't imagine what he was thinking when he committed that offense or why he denied it for so long. Somehow, that stonewalling made it worse."

In pleading guilty, Chiappone, a Democrat, must forfeit his Assembly seat and will be barred from holding future public office.

Under a plea agreement the charges against Chiappone's wife Diane will be dismissed.

Bayonne Councilman John Halecky said Chiappone should have resigned when the charges were first filed last August.

"It's true that (you're innocent) until you're proven guilty -- I just think politicians should be held to a higher standard," he said.

But, he added, "I'm glad he's not going to jail ... I just hope he gets his life together and moves forward."

Halecky added that he feels some resentment, too. "I do resent that I'm implicated (when there's a scandal) -- 'You politicians are all alike.' How many times have I heard that?"

Chiappone will be sentenced Sept. 10. The state is recommending a term of probation.

Posted on: 2010/6/25 19:28

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017