Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City Policeman's 13-minute film premieres at Hoboken International Film Festival

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/15 17:47
Group:
Registered Users
I am personal friends with the film writer Vito LaBruno, and I can attest that he is a very talanted writer. He writes in a form of realism that illustrates dark comedy in its most pure, urban form. I can remember years ago, when he first started discussing his ideas. We were all very supportive, not only because he was a good friend, but more importantly he was attempting to cultivate the aura and ethos of Jersey City through his writing. Jersey City is a unique mixture of all races, ethnicities and cultures. I am very proud of my friend and his work. I hope we are all supportive that a native of Jersey City is using his talents to exhibit our distinctive city.

Posted on: 2010/6/9 13:50

Re: Jersey City Policeman's 13-minute film premieres at Hoboken International Film Festival
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Good show ! And he's one of our own.

Posted on: 2010/6/8 11:59

Jersey City Policeman's 13-minute film premieres at Hoboken International Film Festival
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City filmmaker's 13-minute movie premieres at Hoboken International Film Festival screening in Teaneck

Tuesday, June 08, 2010
By KATIE COLANERI
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Jersey City film writer, director and producer Vito LaBruno premiered his short film "The Pope of Jersey City" at the Hoboken International Film Festival last night in Teaneck.

Inspired by characters from his childhood in Downtown Jersey City, the film tells the story of a 20-something delinquent named Tony, played by Rick Toscano, who blackmails two corrupt leaders of his neighborhood, a priest and a cop.

"It's a dark comedy," said LaBruno, 37, who works as a patrolman in Jersey City's East District by day and writes his screenplays at night.

Working with a budget of only $1,000, the 13-minute film was shot in Jersey City in three days in November and features scenes of various local businesses.

"I wanted to see what I could do as a director," LaBruno said.

He was surprised to discover that his film had been selected for the prestigious festival, which tends to catch the eyes of studio executives.

LaBruno is currently working on two feature screenplays, "The Last American Guido" and "Don Alhabib," that he will be bringing to the Great American Pitch Festival in Los Angeles, Calif., later this month.

Posted on: 2010/6/8 11:40

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017