Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
65 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 65

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Time Out New York: Where to eat in Jersey: Food Trucks
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
From the Jersey City Independent:
--------------------------------------------

Chilltown Lunch: Louisiana Spice Truck Offshoot Tapped for Whitney Biennial

By Adam Robb ? Feb 19th, 2010 ? Category: Arts, Blog
Editor?s note: We?re pleased to bring Adam Robb?s Chilltown Lunch blog into the fold this week with exciting news about one of our favorite Jersey City food trucks. Enjoy.

If you don?t see Grove Street PATH stop staple Louisiana Spice Truck on the sidewalk next week it?s not because chef Jessie Dardar?s been driven away by another ticket blitz. After months rehearsing desserts like bacon creme brulee, Valrhona brownies and rose and lychee macarons, the Roanne and Paris trained chef has been invited to debut his dessert truck, La Petite Temptation, at next week?s opening of the Whitney Biennial.

While Danny Meyer?s unveiling his pop-up Sandwiched shop Thursday to coincide with the exhibition?s public opening, museum members, art world VIPs (and hungry passersby) will have the two nights prior to experience La Petite Temptation?s full menu of ten $5 desserts. Dardar will be putting his best up against the Treats Truck next Tuesday and Wednesday from 7 to 11 pm. The Treats Truck was invited back following its 2008 Biennial showdown with the Dessert Truck, since reopened in a Lower East Side storefront.

For his part, Dardar is too occupied right now to think about settling at a permanent address. Not only is the chef expanding to Hoboken in the coming weeks, he?s now commuting weekly to cater the set of Law & Order and readying to supply desserts for the Hamilton Inn, which is set to open in the former Hamilton Ale House space on Jersey Avenue this April.

Link

Posted on: 2010/3/2 12:15

Time Out New York: Where to eat in Jersey: Food Trucks
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Where to eat in Jersey: Food Trucks

Posted in Eat Out by Eat Out on November 3rd, 2009 at 1:10 pm

Yes, New York City is the center of the world. But we?ve heard rumors of a food-friendly civilization blooming just across the Hudson. Here to chronicle the edible goings-on in commuter-friendly Jersey City and Hoboken is Adam Robb. The Life Vicarious and Eat Me Daily blogger just launched Chilltown Lunch, a Midtown Lunch for our neighbors to the west. Find his first New Jersey dispatch?food trucks!?below.

Food trucks are well covered in the annals of NYC food journalism: It?s been done. But just a PATH ride away from midtown?s panoply of waffle, dumpling and cupcake trucks, a new fleet of mobile vendors is cropping up.

Just over a year ago, the only meal on wheels to be had in downtown Jersey City was from the Lucinda Truck, which caught the eye of Food & Wine for its guacamole, vegetarian burritos and quesadillas ($5). A victim of the waffling economy, the vehicle disappeared until last spring, when new owners brought it back with lower prices, an expanded menu and plans for the future: This week, Lucinda introduces an adjacent European coffee cart and cr?perie. See location and schedule here.

Since Lucinda came, went and came again, the competition has gotten steeper. Louisana Spice Truck from chef Jessie Dardar rolled into Exchange Place station in late August. Dardar worked under Michel Troisgros in Paris, but his mobile kitchen has a Creole twang, with an ever-changing menu of gumbo, jambalaya and more. His desserts in particular stand out: This week an experimental pineapple tiramisu joins a lineup of staple sweets like red velvet cake and custardy chocolate bread pudding with cr?me anglaise ($4). Dardar created the latter treat to show up Manhattan?s now-defunct Dessert Truck (looks like he won). Click here for the location and schedule and his Twitter stream for updates.

Louisiana isn?t the only cart ?inspired? by a competitor. The Krave Truck?which also debuted this past August?takes its inspiration from L.A.?s Kogi BBQ, stuffing the likes of sesame chicken, spicy pork and short ribs into tacos ($2.50), and ?kimchidillas? ($6). A new item called ?kimchili? is Krave?s bid to keep busy during the winter months. Get the coordinates on this mobile monster on its blog.

Last but not least, the latest street-food contender in these parts is the Taco Truck, which splits its time among Hoboken, Exchange Place and Grove Street stations (visit the Twitter stream for exact daily locations). TTT ups its game with a pimped ride: a bright-orange, eco-conscious vehicle outfitted with video-screen menus. Former Rosa Mexicano culinary director Roberto Santibanez developed the dishes, which consists of tamales, tortas, soups and salads (the authenticity trump card: cult favorite Mexican Coke, $2.50). Seemingly anticipating commuters? germaphobic concerns, TTT has a Costco-sized hand sanitizer set up on the counter, right next to the Jarritos and hot sauce. Show us a dumpling truck with that kind of forethought.?Adam Robb

http://www3.timeoutny.com/newyork/the ... ood-trucks/#ixzz0WWNmry97

Posted on: 2009/11/11 4:24

Re: Louisiana Spice Truck
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/14 13:52
Group:
Registered Users
My wife and I went tonight. Very good. He is there from Wednesday to Friday, 5:30-8:30 PM. Had the Creole Sausage platter.

I highly recommend

Posted on: 2009/9/19 0:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
The Louisiana Spice Truck is here tonight. I just picked up some Carribean chicken with rice and vegetable. Only $6. Cheaper than anything I can find in Paulus Hook.

He said he will be here tomorrow. I didn't ask him, but I think he will try to be here regularly. Check his twitter.

http://louisianaspicetruck.com/
http://twitter.com/laspicetruck

Posted on: 2009/9/18 23:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Whoa, this is like my wet dream! Is this thing parked near Columbus and Marin on a regular basis??

Posted on: 2009/9/16 20:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users
Eh i need an Oyster Po'Boy or a Muffeletta there for me to get excited. Though if they sold a Mufeletta man ... i'd pay problaly 20 for it if it came close to the one at Central Grocery.

Posted on: 2009/9/16 20:20

Louisiana Spice Truck
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
On my way to get some kimcheedilla on Monday night, I passed by this truck on Columbus Drive near Marin Blvd. I ended up with some jambalaya instead. The jambalaya was delicious and I have leftovers for the next day. Nice people.

Menu:
Grilled chicken sandwich 6.00
Pulled pork and slaw sandwich 6.00
Brisket sandwich 6.00
Chicken piroque Sandwich 6.00
4 hand rolled dumplings 3.00
Pork and sausage jambalaya with vegetable of the day 7.00
Mac and cheese 3.00
Corn maque choux 3.00

http://louisianaspicetruck.com/

http://twitter.com/laspicetruck

Posted on: 2009/9/16 20:06