Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
60 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 60

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: First Bloomberg now Cunningham giving Healy backing.
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/25 13:49
Group:
Registered Users
"Some of the mayor's recent actions, including support for keeping 31st District Assemblyman Anthony Chiappone on the Hudson County Democratic Organization line in the June primary, were to please Cunningham, who considers the Bayonne politician and running mate loyal to her."

Mayor Healy and Cunningham made a back door deal for the benefit of Assemblyman Chiappone who is now being investigated by the Attorney General for forgery. And this helps the way people look at our City how? Just another sad example of the politically corrupt City that we live in.....

Posted on: 2009/4/15 13:10

Re: First Bloomberg now Cunningham giving Healy backing.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Cunningham endorses Healy, citing ability to work together

Jersey Journal
Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Yesterday afternoon on the front steps of Jersey City City Hall, state Sen. Sandra B. Cunningham of the 31st Legislative District endorsed the re-election of Mayor Jerramiah Healy in the May 12 municipal election.

Cunningham cited her ability to work with the mayor on state legislation "for the betterment of our great city."

In a short speech, she noted: "I love this city and I know Mayor Healy loves this city. This is why I am supporting the re-election of Jerramiah Healy for mayor."

Healy called the senator's support important enough to perhaps make a difference in the city election.

Some of the mayor's recent actions, including support for keeping 31st District Assemblyman Anthony Chiappone on the Hudson County Democratic Organization line in the June primary, were to please Cunningham, who considers the Bayonne politician and running mate loyal to her.

The 31st District covers all of Bayonne and a large section of southern Jersey City.

The other 31st District state legislator, Assemblyman L. Harvey Smith, is being replaced on the HCDO line by Police Officer Charles Mainor. Smith is running for mayor against Healy, chairman of the HCDO.

AGUSTIN TORRES

Posted on: 2009/4/15 12:50

Re: Sen. Cunningham to endorse Jersey City Mayor Healy for re-election
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Ross_Ewage wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
As usual strange bedfellows. Well I know she was annoyed at Harvey Smith during her late husband's wake but I thought she was friendlier with Lou.

Manzo ran against her in the primary for state senator.

Politics as usual.

Posted on: 2009/4/14 13:27

First Bloomberg now Cunningham giving Healy backing.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
First Bloomberg now Cunningham giving Healy backing.

======================
Cunningham giving Healy backing today

Tuesday, April 14, 2009
BY AGUSTIN C. TORRES
JOURNAL POLITICAL EDITOR

State Sen. Sandra B. Cunningham will endorse Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy today at 1:30 p.m. in City Hall on Grove Street. Healy is hoping Cunningham's endorsement will help him obtain the majority of votes from Jersey City's black community.

As state senator, Cunningham represents the 31st District, which takes in all of Bayonne and a southern part of Jersey City.

The endorsement is no surprise, but it was a long time in coming. Healy has made a number of concessions to the widow of former Mayor Glenn D. Cunningham for the political blessing. Among those deals was an agreement to support the re-election of Assemblyman Anthony Chiappone of Bayonne in the 31st Legislative District.

Another 31st District Assembly incumbent, former City Council President L. Harvey Smith, is being replaced in the Hudson County Democratic Organization line by Police Detective Charles Mainor. Smith is a black candidate running for mayor and Healy is chairman of the HCDO.

Glenn Cunningham died in office in May 2004 at age 60. As council president at the time, Smith became acting mayor and Healy won a November election as interim mayor to serve out the eight months that remained of Cunningham's term. Healy won re-election the following May.

Besides Smith, also running for mayor on May 12 are Downtown activist Daniel Levin, former Assemblyman Louis Manzo and Police Detective Phillip G. Webb.

Posted on: 2009/4/14 13:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
She also sent a child molester door to door for her campaign. Oops.

Posted on: 2009/4/14 3:52

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/19 21:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
As usual strange bedfellows. Well I know she was annoyed at Harvey Smith during her late husband's wake but I thought she was friendlier with Lou.

Manzo ran against her in the primary for state senator.

Posted on: 2009/4/14 3:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/3 6:32
Group:
Registered Users
She is selling out her community for favors from Healy..I hope her community wakes up and realizes it. Healy has done nothing for them since becoming Mayor and he will continue to nothing for them...He just wants their votes.

Posted on: 2009/4/14 3:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/4/14 3:04

Sen. Cunningham to endorse Jersey City Mayor Healy for re-election
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 3:11
Group:
Registered Users
State Sen. Sandra B. Cunningham is scheduled to endorse Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah T. Healy for re-election tomorrow at a City Hall event at 1:30 p.m., according to a release from the Healy campaign.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... gham_to_endorse_jers.html

Posted on: 2009/4/14 2:44

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017