Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 145

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Neighborhood Menace
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Pollyanna wrote:
Thank you all for the feedback!

I noticed that there was a Communipaw Block association in an old posting on the net and wasn't sure if it was still active. I live near Communipaw on Lexington, below Westside. The part of Lexington above westside, especially between Bergen and Kennedy has always had some issues and gradually it has moved down the block. I am contacting the community officer by phone or in person and seeing what can be done.

I had sent an email to the JCPD block email about the problem last summer but no one ever responded. The winter is not as much of a problem but I dread the summer with a passion.

Will keep you updated...

The westside area is definitely bad. Once i took the wrong lightrail and went to the westside area, and a wolfpack got on. They started making a scene and put firecrackers in the lightrail's sign lights etc (now i know why most of them are broken!).. It was a total zoo. The train operator just kept his doors closed and pretend nothing happened.

It was quite a scene, i almost asked one of the kids if they are enjoying themselves, but decided against it as the train was pretty empty of other passengers. And i certainly dont want to end up in grovepath's copy/paste.

Posted on: 2009/3/30 6:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/14 17:57
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
The CABA (Communipaw Avenue Block Association) is definitely active.

Posted on: 2009/3/29 17:04

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/3/29 15:43
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you all for the feedback!

I noticed that there was a Communipaw Block association in an old posting on the net and wasn't sure if it was still active. I live near Communipaw on Lexington, below Westside. The part of Lexington above westside, especially between Bergen and Kennedy has always had some issues and gradually it has moved down the block. I am contacting the community officer by phone or in person and seeing what can be done.

I had sent an email to the JCPD block email about the problem last summer but no one ever responded. The winter is not as much of a problem but I dread the summer with a passion.

Will keep you updated...

Posted on: 2009/3/29 15:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
You have to call the police & they wont tell who made the call. Or you can call & just say you want to remain anomyous. If there is no call made, it would seem like everything is ok in your neighborhood.

Posted on: 2009/3/23 13:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
When I lived in Bergen Lafayette, the Communipaw Block Associaton was starting up a telephone chain to deal with such things. It is based on the idea that the police are not going to show up if one person calls and complains about noise, kids hanging out, etc., but if a bunch of people call they will be forced to show up.

It works like this. People from the neighborhood form a telephone chain list. If a person on the list needs to call the cops to complain about something, he or she calls the police and then calls the next person on the list. That next person calls the police and the third person on the list and so on until everyone calls the police.

This system is not new and has been used in many neighborhoods. I don't know how it worked in Lafayette because I moved before it was implemented, but I thought it sounded like a good idea.

Posted on: 2009/3/23 0:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/30 19:58
From Italian Village
Group:
Registered Users
It would help if you told us where you live. Most neihgborhoods have town watches. Mine has at least 2. I have problems in my neighborhood sometimes.

Firstly, one of the many reasons that nothing ever gets done is because the residents are afraid to do anything about it. Make sure you always call the police. Encourage your neighbors to call as well. They don't always do anything...but they do take notice. Chances are, other people are also experiencing the same thing, and also many of your neighbors probably read this message board. But, you should be more specific so we know what you are talking about.

Posted on: 2009/3/22 20:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Call your local police district and speak with the community relations officer. I wouldn't worry about the people who are causing this problem finding out it was you who called.

Posted on: 2009/3/22 14:15

Neighborhood Menace

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/3/29 15:43
Group:
Registered Users
I have a problem in my neighborhood where I have lived for over 20 years and sometimes I think I am the only one who seems bothered by it because the cops are never called. Large groups of drunk and high kids/adults just hanging out and making noise.

When a complaint is made to the police, is the information kept confidential? Do they keep record of who calls? Neighbors are too scared to do anything. I am ready to really do something about this and just want to prepare myself. God knows I am not interested in being a community activist, I just want to come home and relax and not worry about hoodlums. Moving of course is an option but until you find a place to live you have to live with what you have.

What would your recommendation be on addressing this? On rare occassions when the police happen to drive down the block when the kids are out, the troublemakers disperse to then come back to the same area again.

Is anyone else experiencing something similiar? Anyone started a neighborhood watch? Any advice is appreciated.

Help!!

Posted on: 2009/3/22 5:14

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017