Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: JCPD checkpoint on Washington northbound below Pavonia
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/26 20:59
From 240 Newark Avenue
Group:
Registered Users
My mother (in Canada) watches for the random checkpoints... up there you get a little gift like a car first aid kit when you're stopped and she likes the free prizes

Mark

Posted on: 2008/8/24 12:10
www.JerseyCityMusic.com
-----------------

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
About far gone time ! I got caught for speeding but it wasn't that drastic in terms of speed so I got let go with just a stern warning. Good thing my D.L. states I live in J.C. I remember down the shore if you weren't from their neck of the woods or dunes you automatically received a point-full ticket.

Posted on: 2008/8/23 23:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/12 3:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

jclxz wrote:
Around midnight I saw a JCPD checkpoint on Washington, northbound just before Pavonia. They were not preventing U-turns at 6th, nor hassling people who did so.

It seems they were mostly concerned about checking the equipment on cars (high beams, brake lights).

I can't believe with all the blatant disregard for traffic safety in Jersey City, their solution when they actually put some effort into enforcement is to ignore the law and harass every driver on the street.

It's a start and we need more of this. If you aren't doing anything wrong and your car is up to snuff than you have nothing to worry about.

I worry about the US constitution being ignored.

I worry about a pattern of the police ignoring illegal and dangerous behavior, and it being balanced by a system of stopping every legitimate driver who drives by a random spot.

If you are doing something wrong and know it, you would have seen the checkpoint and made the U-turn.

And when dealing with the JCPD, "if you aren't doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about", is untrue for its own special reasons.

I worry about police who refuse to take reports or come to the scene of a crime, but go out of their way to manufacture trivial crimes towards the end of the month.

Posted on: 2008/8/23 14:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/6 19:03
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fasteddie wrote:
Quote:

West wrote:
I drove by it last night.

I believe they're doing it because that strip on Washington has become a popular drag spot.

This is true, I've seen quite a few transvestites hanging around that area lately.

lol

Posted on: 2008/8/23 14:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
While they're at it they should give tickets for loud radios and noisy mufflers although that only targets certain type of people therefore its racial profiling.

Posted on: 2008/8/23 14:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jclxz wrote:
Around midnight I saw a JCPD checkpoint on Washington, northbound just before Pavonia. They were not preventing U-turns at 6th, nor hassling people who did so.

It seems they were mostly concerned about checking the equipment on cars (high beams, brake lights).

I can't believe with all the blatant disregard for traffic safety in Jersey City, their solution when they actually put some effort into enforcement is to ignore the law and harass every driver on the street.

It's a start and we need more of this. If you aren't doing anything wrong and your car is up to snuff than you have nothing to worry about.

Posted on: 2008/8/23 14:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

West wrote:

I believe they're doing it because that strip on Washington has become a popular drag spot.

This is true, I've seen quite a few transvestites hanging around that area lately.

Posted on: 2008/8/23 14:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/31 0:26
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/8/23 13:48

JCPD checkpoint on Washington northbound below Pavonia
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/12 3:42
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/8/23 5:34

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017