Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: NJ Transit Rant
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
No, the schedule on the Northeast Corridor has multiple rush hour trains skipping the transfer station.

In retrospect I suppose I could have taken any train leaving Secaucus to Newark, and transferred a second time to a NEC at Penn Station Newark. This seems nonsensical since the NEC are all passing through the transfer station, built so people could make transfers.

Posted on: 2008/7/9 14:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/11 21:52
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Ianmac47,

I'm with you on the machines. I'm glad I have a Smartlink card which is easy to refill so that I don't have to use an NJT ticket machine to buy PATH 20/40 ride tickets.

Regarding connections, actually NEC is the most frequent line to transfer at Secaucus, much more than Main/Bergen County line and Morris/Essex line. I'm sure something happened on the day you took the train. My colleagues who took NEC to NY have the opposite rant: they prefer to take trains which bypass Secaucus and complained about the longer transfer than from what the schedule says.

I used to live in Secaucus. Whenever I took a Main/Bergen County line train which arrived Secaucus a few minutes late, I saw people rushing miserably and desperately to their platform. I felt sorry for them, and decided not to move to Bergen County although it's a very nice area.

Posted on: 2008/7/8 21:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/6 19:03
Group:
Registered Users
I feel for you. I used to live in Nutley NJ, very close to Secaucus. I would take the train from Penn to Secaucus and have to wait 40 minutes sometimes for the train to Nutley, which would take about 8 minutes to get to my stop. NJ transit is good, but def leaves many things to be desired. There is a bar in Secaucus if you ever get really bored

Posted on: 2008/7/8 20:24

NJ Transit Rant
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
I know its pretty frequent that we all rant about the PATH. But it sure doesn't have anything on NJ Transit.

Slowest Ticket Vending Machines, Ever.
The automated ticket machines NJ Transit operates are so freaking slow-- I missed a light rail train that wasn't even visible from the platform when I started the transaction waiting for my tickets to print. Come on, is this the best we can do, really?

Worst Connections, Ever.
So I'm looking to hook up with a Northeast Corridor train in Secaucus, and my train misses one by 4 minutes on the schedule. Fine, I could live with that since its rush hour and trains come frequently, right? Oh, but they don't. TWO Trains pass through Secaucus without stopping. WTF is the point of building a multi-million dollar transfer station in the middle of nowhere if trains don't stop to make transfers! I have the pleasure of spending 35 minutes waiting in Secaucus because of this, turning a 40 minute ride into a 90 minute ride. Here's to hoping NJ Transit is running ten minutes behind today.

Posted on: 2008/7/8 19:54

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017