Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Greenville: Jersey City cop charged with telling information - during a narcotics investigation
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/19 22:46
Group:
Registered Users
Do they thoroughly check the backgroung of some of these officers? I mean before they join the force? The FBI does.

They go way back into cadets childhood they interview the old friends. I'm guessing it's to get a better sense of the nature of the cadets character right?

I mean, I know of one that just graduated a yr ago. She used to date drug users and dealers as a teen.

But like everything here in Jersey City it's who you know, or who your related to that gets you hired for a city job.

Lets say, like if your parent is on the school board the son or daughter gets hired.
Or,
Lets say if, the mother or father or uncle is the Asst director of the Library the daughter, or nephew, gets hired part time then full time IN the Library?
OR,
If a future officer is related to lets say...the mayor, they get hired? But then later ends up killing a child because he or she was drunk and had an alchohol problem?
OR,
Wait! wait! THE MOTHER IS A COUNCIL WOMAN so... THE son gets a job even though, he was involved in some sort of illegal activity in the past?
Very interesting!

Posted on: 2008/4/5 13:07

Greenville: Jersey City cop charged with telling information - during a narcotics investigation
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City cop charged with telling information

Saturday, April 05, 2008
By KEN THORBOURNE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A 25-year-old Jersey City police officer was arrested and charged yesterday with hindering an investigation, officials said.

Andrea Gioia, of Jersey City, was busted as a result of a six-week joint investigation by the Jersey City Police Department and the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office, officials said.

Gioia, who was appointed to the force in April 2006, is accused of passing along information she shouldn't have to a personal friend, said Hudson County Edward DeFazio.

During a routine narcotics investigation, fellow police officers picked up on her "suspicious actions," said city spokesman Stan H. Eason.

What followed was an investigation by the JCPD Internal Affairs Unit, which was joined later by the Prosecutor's Office, Eason said.

Gioia, who worked at the south district in Greenville, was arrested on a summons yesterday and therefore didn't have to post bail, he said.

Once she appears in court, the charges are likely to be upgraded to official misconduct, officials said.

The investigation is "still open and ongoing," Eason said.

He added: "We believe this to be an isolated incident and nothing systemic."

Posted on: 2008/4/5 11:28

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017