Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Monmouth and Bright St...?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/16 19:25
Group:
Registered Users
I live at the corner of Monmouth & York and it's pretty safe. The regular sounds of ambulance sirens coming down Monmouth from the hospital can be annoying, but that's part of living in the city.

Posted on: 2008/3/7 19:36

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/4/6 12:54
Group:
Registered Users
agreed with all the other posts - I lived on Bright & Varick for many yrs and felt totally safe and sound. There were a few phases of muggings right in the area (usually during the summer when kids are out late), but I never felt unsafe walking around. I often walked home alone from the path late at night, alone, and would walk my dog around the block every night, and felt fine.

Posted on: 2008/3/7 16:29

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/31 2:19
Group:
Registered Users
I used to live on Monmouth near Bright. female. it's a 7 minute walk to/from Path, pending on how quickly your feet will take you. I lived there for a few years and had no problems with my safety at all. there were some incidents of muggings on Bright Street proper, but none on Monmouth that I was aware of. I would walk through Van Vorst Park and up York St to get home. you'll be fine. take it. I'm looking for an apartment too. anyone got any ideas that don't involve realtors' fees and for May 1?

Posted on: 2008/3/6 16:30

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/1/10 16:02
Group:
Registered Users
I live in the area and it is great. except for the occaisional trash on the sidewalk, the new school has been a nice addition to the neighborhood.

I also disagree with the assesment that there are wandering teenagers on the street. While a teenager may have walked down the street at one time or another, that occurance is no more prevalent than in any other part of town.

For what Libery Harbor North will bring, who knows, but a re-opened Boonies would bring joy to the world.

Posted on: 2008/3/6 15:10

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/24 18:01
Group:
Registered Users
I live on that block and really like it. I have never noticed any of these so called gangs of wandering teenagers, but more of loud middle and elementary school kids running around due to the school. The Old Colony shopping area is fine and is nice to have if you need to run out and get something. Taxi costs exactly $4 from the Grove Path or an easy 10 minute walk. Lastly, the best part is that it has to be the easiest area to find parking downtown. I have never had to park outside the view of my bedroom window. My only beef with the area is lack of garbage cans on the street, but you can say that for a lot of areas. Good luck on wherever you move

Posted on: 2008/3/6 4:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
did you try searching old posts?

Mugging at corner of Varick and York
http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... id=113357#forumpost113357

Thoughts on safety of Varick St, Bright St. area.
http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... =ASC&type=&mode=0&start=0

Bright St. Opportunity
http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... t_id=68021#forumpost68021

Posted on: 2008/3/6 4:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
It's a little tricky on that block but will definitely get busier (and hopefully safer) once Liberty Harbor North is in full swing.

If I was a braver girl, I would buy one of the new condos over there, because I think that hood has a lot of potential. But for now, it's just a wee bit too something or another. And I am allergic to gangs of wandering teenagers. I just play fierce on the internet.

Pretty convenient to Grove PATH (and the Light Rail too) and you can get cabs at the PATH station very easily.

Posted on: 2008/3/6 4:00

Monmouth and Bright St...?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/3/7 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
Just looked at an apt on Monmouth and Bright...any thoughts on the area? How far is Path and are cabs easy to come by at the Path?

thanks

Posted on: 2008/3/6 3:43

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017