Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: NYC seat belt ticket:$40, Surcharge:$50! WTF is with the surcharge stuff?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/20 21:34
Group:
Registered Users
seriously... show tickets are always ridiculous with surcharges.

I don't know about the surcharge on moving violations, but I'm basically the queen of tickets in both JC and NYC. I'm convinced that I am single handedly paying for the new sidewalk when you get off the Turnpike. I know in JC when you pay a parking ticket online they charge you $3 extra dollars, or something like that.

I just got nailed with a $165 ticket in the city for blocking a pedestrian ramp (by about 1/8 of an inch) and I didn't get any surcharges. I also just got another flipping $115 ticket for parking too close to a fire hydrant... ouch... I learned my lesson to say the least. But there wasn't any surcharge on that one either.

Needless to say, I'm telling you guy how much those tickets were so you never getting lazy and think that you can skimp the 15 feet to a hydrant. For $115 dollars, just pay for the damn parking spot... I'm still pissed about those tickets, they were in the same week too.

Posted on: 2008/2/8 4:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Speaking of surcharges, i recently bought two tickets to see a band play at Blender Theater in Gramercy - the tix were $15 bucks each, and with all the fees ticketmaster added on, my total bill was actually $60 bucks. Sixty bucks for thirty bucks of tickets.

and before you say i shoudl've just gone to the box office - well, blender theater only sells box office tickets at the irving plaza box office... which is only open a few hours a day, a few days a week.

bastards!

Posted on: 2008/2/8 3:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
i think the surcharge in NJ & NY for most tickets is $55

Posted on: 2008/2/7 23:41

NYC seat belt ticket:$40, Surcharge:$50! WTF is with the surcharge stuff?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I was waved over at 37th and 9th by a cop and given a "no seat belt" citation. Fair caught I suppose. Now, it's been more than a decade since I've gotten a moving violation anywhere, much less NYC, so I was startled to see a "surcharge" that was more than the fine! What's the story? It seems pretty fishy to me. I tried googling without any luck.

Posted on: 2008/2/7 23:17

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017