Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
57 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 57

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City welcomes new three-story community center for LGBT residents in Journal Square
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/9 23:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

newlafayette wrote:
the LGBT center in ny has an amazing array of support group meetings. judging by jclist.com alone i'd say we need all the help we can get here in jc (myself of course included).
"friendoflois"- was that bill w.'s wife? i always forget her name.

Yes, it's bill w's wife.

Posted on: 2007/8/6 16:04

Re: Jersey City welcomes new three-story community center for LGBT residents in Journal Square

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/22 21:00
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Any idea how to contact the organization in order to volunteer at the center?

Posted on: 2007/8/4 15:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/14 15:59
From 07304
Group:
Registered Users
the LGBT center in ny has an amazing array of support group meetings. judging by jclist.com alone i'd say we need all the help we can get here in jc (myself of course included).
"friendoflois"- was that bill w.'s wife? i always forget her name.

Posted on: 2007/8/3 22:31

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/9 23:06
Group:
Registered Users
Is this supposed to be like the Gay and Lesbian Center in Greenwich Village?

Posted on: 2007/7/30 20:46

Jersey City welcomes new three-story community center for LGBT residents in Journal Square
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City welcomes new community center

http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid47738.asp

July 27, 2007

Jersey City, N.J., is scheduled to open a new three-story community center for LGBT residents as well as those living with HIV/AIDS.

Local nonprofit Hudson Pride Connections acquired the property in Journal Square, a short walk from its current, rented location. Several "work days" have brought a number of volunteers to prepare the building for occupancy on September 1. An official ceremony will be held on October 25 to celebrate the center's grand opening.

"This is an amazing opportunity for everyone in the community, including all its members and allies, to rally behind a project that stands for the inclusion, visibility, and equality of all people in our communities," said executive director Guido A. Sanchez in a press release.

"We need an organization that advocates for us.... It would soon be a travesty not to have a place to call home," said Tracee Ross, a local transgender woman, expressing her support for the center in the press release.

Two other groups, the Northern New Jersey chapter of the national organization Gay, Lesbian, Straight Education Network and the organizers of Jersey City's annual pride festival, Jersey City Lesbian + Gay Outreach, will also occupy the space to create the feeling of a strong, centralized community.

"We are thrilled to see Hudson Pride Connections joining the ever-growing ranks of community centers with permanent homes. It is a testament to their strength and commitment to serving the LGBT community," Terry Stone, executive director of the National Association of LGBT Community Centers, explained in the press release. (The Advocate)

Posted on: 2007/7/27 23:04

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017