Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Mayor Fulop's baggage grows heavier as he eyes a run for governor | Moran
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Transforming Jersey City... we were in the red prior to the last election with annual tax increases. I do not remember so much "free money" coming into the city to make skateboard parks, bicycle paths and park fountains that shoot milk chocolate. Now if the criminal element would only get on board with the good ship lollipop and stop killing people, this city might have a chance?

Posted on: 2015/6/13 3:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Fiscal sanity is the tipping point, and for the middle class it's almost there. It's great to think that the rich will pay for everything, but when you find out you're now paying-like Obamacare-things shift. And as a gay man, I know that gay marriage is a litmus test for you-for most it's not. After all, it didn't hurt Obama in his first election, being anti-gay marriage, that is.

Posted on: 2015/6/12 21:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Even though the Emperor has not clothes he won't worry-his Fulopbots have their hands over their eyes anyway.

This is (sadly) SO TRUE. I am disappointed in Fulop for the same reason as so many others: he sold us a different image and set of ideals. What we have gotten (so far) fails incredibly short of what was promised and expected. From his very first move (canceling the reval!!) to the lack of real change in the city (we still have the same back slapping "wink wink" deals and contracts) to an all fluff, little substance mayor, I just don't see how even his staunchest supporters can't fail to be disappointed by him.

The Democratic primary is still 2 years off, so there is ample time for a challenger to present her/himself as a more substantive candidate.

I do have a question for Monroe in particular, as he consistently advocates for Republicans, but others are welcome to respond: if the Democratic party establishment is indeed corrupt, compromised, etc., why doesn't the Republican party establishment step up as a viable alternative? E.g., the GOP Presidential front runner is advocating for a constitutional amendment against gay marriage - a position not held even by the majority of Republicans below a certain age. What, if anything, is any Republican with an eye to the future doing to change this narrative, one that alienates people who are otherwise disgusted with Democratic failures but would never support most of the Republican platform?

Posted on: 2015/6/12 16:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Even though the Emperor has not clothes he won't worry-his Fulopbots have their hands over their eyes anyway.

This is (sadly) SO TRUE. I am disappointed in Fulop for the same reason as so many others: he sold us a different image and set of ideals. What we have gotten (so far) fails incredibly short of what was promised and expected. From his very first move (canceling the reval!!) to the lack of real change in the city (we still have the same back slapping "wink wink" deals and contracts) to an all fluff, little substance mayor, I just don't see how even his staunchest supporters can't fail to be disappointed by him.

For some of us, the reval cancellation has real implications. As a renter considering real estate in town, it is hard to make a decision and pull the trigger without knowing or having a clear idea of the tax implications a year or two, or three, from now. I believe his canceling of the reval has a had stunting effect on real estate for those informed about this and the potential ramifications, and has hoodwinked the ignorant or oblivious into situations for which they may not be fully prepared.

Posted on: 2015/6/8 15:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/6/8 15:13

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/26 10:51
From Jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Crickets...........

Posted on: 2015/6/8 14:49

Mayor Fulop's baggage grows heavier as he eyes a run for governor | Moran
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
By Tom Moran | Star-Ledger Editorial Board
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on June 07, 2015 at 7:45 AM, updated June 07, 2015 at 10:56 AM

Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop is on a political roll that could make him the next governor of New Jersey...

...But a second side of the Fulop story has emerged since he swore his oath, one that has a familiar rank odor to anyone who follows New Jersey politics: Fulop is handing out jobs and contracts to people who can help him climb the ladder, as Matt Friedman of the NJ Advance Media spelled out recently in sordid detail.

More

Posted on: 2015/6/7 15:52

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017