Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Grove Street development
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.cityofjerseycity.org/docs/vanbig.shtml

If this map is correct the area is within the VV historic district and the design was subject to some sort of guidelines.

Posted on: 2015/1/1 14:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
I thought the brick color of the recessed areas in the middle of the building looks ugly - instead of the poo-brown, they should just have kept the exterior wall color all uniform.

I also thought the structure is just too big - they have one floor too many, I think.

Btw, is this a condo or rental? Somehow I'm thinking it is a condo?

If so, anyone has ideas about price ranges?

Also, lastly, I'd like to start the rumor that whole foods is coming to the retail on street level!?!?!?! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! What - not enough retail sq footage? Not the right demographics? JC is too poor? No parking space? Lies, just lies, I tell ya!

Happy New Year everyone!

Posted on: 2014/12/31 20:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
What are everybody's thoughts on Silverman's development on Grove/Montgomery now that it's starting to take final shape?

Initially I thought they were doing a pretty good job, I liked the renderings and the building was looking good at first, I thought.

Now the more I look at it as it develops, I think it looks very strange architecturally, and kind of cheap looking. For example, are they planning on putting any sort of trim or architectural details on the windows? It looks almost unfinished (I know it's still unfinished, but I think it's too late for any masonry additions around the windows).
i agree 150% about the windows. i was saying the same thing to myself.... why didn't they spend the bit extra to enhance the building's character.

Posted on: 2014/12/31 18:34

Grove Street development
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
What are everybody's thoughts on Silverman's development on Grove/Montgomery now that it's starting to take final shape?

Initially I thought they were doing a pretty good job, I liked the renderings and the building was looking good at first, I thought.

Now the more I look at it as it develops, I think it looks very strange architecturally, and kind of cheap looking. For example, are they planning on putting any sort of trim or architectural details on the windows? It looks almost unfinished (I know it's still unfinished, but I think it's too late for any masonry additions around the windows).

Posted on: 2014/12/31 17:51

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017